UFO Wave Continues

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

UFO Wave Continues

14-Aug-2008

What is going on?

We recently reported on the UFO wave in the UK, which is STILL GOING ON: So far this year 150 UFOs have been reported to police, military bases and the Ministry of Defense, compared to just 135 for 2007, and 97 in 2006.:eek: Now a similar wave is hitting Australia as well.

In the Telegraph newspaper, Laura Clout quotes UFO researcher Malcolm Robinson as saying, "Something really bizarre is happening in the skies over the UK. I've been dealing in sightings for 30 years and we currently have something very real which mankind cannot explain.":eek:

This year could also set a record for UFO sightings in Australia. In the Australian Courier-Mail, Lea Emery and Darren Cartwright quotes UFO researcher Diane Harrison as saying, "We usually only get between 10 and 20 reports a week," but they've gotten over 50 sightings in the past 2 weeks. :eek:

fact, imagination, hallucinations,mis-identity , whatever is happening, something is causing these sightings and now Australia is experiencing a higher wave of sightings ,mmm, but when you get military and civilian pilots who know what is in the sky and thats part of their training ,especially military pilots then i think you have to start to listen to these people for are they not the ones more likely to identify an object and what speed it can achieve, if so then it makes it all the more interesting when they CANNOT identify something seen on radar or in the sky,:confused:strange days and interesting times :cool:ahead.

Darren Cartwright quotes UFO researcher Diane Harrison as saying, "We usually only get between 10 and 20 reports a week," but they've gotten over 50 sightings in the past 2 weeks. :eek:

Which works out at..................about the same as other weeks.

maroonlegions
We're all going to die.
:107years:

right thats it i am not watching War Of The Worlds again and that very bright glow i saw behind some trees just across from my back garden last month at about 5am when having a ciggy before i left for work IS NOT GOING TO FREAK ME OUT:confused:, been thinking about that and what was strange was the intense light but no sound, it was to near and low for it to be a plane , i first thought it was the moon but it was a clear night sky and i would have seen the moon when walking around my scheme on my way to work, too bright and intense and wrong colour to be a street light also:confused:, when i got to were i would have seen it if it was the moon ,NOTHING WAS THERE.:tumbleweed::moon:Not told anyone about this untill now not even my wife :rolleyes:, wonder why this is. :cool:

maroonlegions
Which works out at..................about the same as other weeks.

not ,still more , if say 15 or 20 per week = 30 or 40 , they said OVER 50., still an increase whoever small.:rolleyes:

maroonlegions
Q: What is going on?

A:The collective IQ of the world is plummeting....

source.:107years:

coppercrutch

Bigfoot to be 'discovered' today as well.

Maybe Nessie will make an appearance at the Shyberry Excelsior sometime.

All very strange. I concur with Eckauskas. We are all going to die. Question is when...

maroonlegions

The UFO Challenge

December 1997

By Stanton Friedman

As a nuclear physicist who has had a serious interest in flying saucers since 1958, I have reached four major conclusions:

1. The evidence is overwhelming that Planet Earth is being visited by intelligently controlled extraterrestrial spacecraft. In other words, SOME UFOs are alien spacecraft. Most are not.

2. The subject of flying saucers represents a kind of Cosmic Watergate, meaning that some few people in major governments have known since July, 1947, when two crashed saucers and several alien bodies were recovered in New Mexico, that indeed SOME UFOs are ET. As noted in 1950, it's the most classified U.S. topic.

3. None of the arguments made against conclusions One and Two by a small group of debunkers such as Carl Sagan, my University of Chicago classmate for three years, can stand up to careful scrutiny.

4. The Flying Saucer story is the biggest story of the millennium: visits to Planet Earth by aliens and the U.S. government's cover-up of the best data (the bodies and wreckage) for over fifty years.

Since 1967 I have lectured on the subject "Flying Saucers ARE Real" at more than 600 colleges and over 100 professional groups in all fifty US states, nine Canadian Provinces, twelve cities in England and nine in other countries, with only eleven hecklers. I have also appeared on hundreds of radio and TV shows. Overall, I have probably answered about 35,000 questions about UFOs and secrecy.

It's clear that over 97% of the people have NOT read any of the five major scientific studies I discuss, and are unaware of the mountains of evidence that support my conclusions. They are also unaware of the scientific data, as opposed to tabloid nonsense. However, it is also clear from the Opinion Polls and from my own experience that indeed most people accept the notion that SOME UFOs are alien spacecraft. The greater the education, the MORE likely an individual is to accept this proposition. In an October 25, 1995, Oxford University Debate on the resolution "Planet Earth is being visited by intelligent extraterrestrial life", the affirmative side, of which I was a part, garnered 60% of Debate Union Member votes on the question. Ninety-two percent of 100,000 people calling during a TV Debate in London on June 27,1997, said Earth has been visited by aliens!

The problem is NOT that there is not enough evidence to justify my conclusions; but that most people, especially the noisy negativists, are unaware of the real, non-tabloid evidence.

Debunkers seem to employ four major rules:

1. What the public doesn't know, we certainly won't tell them. The largest official USAF UFO study isn't even mentioned in twelve anti-UFO books, though every one of those books' authors was aware of it.

2. Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up.

3. If one can't attack the data, attack the people. It is easier.

4. Do one's research by proclamation rather than investigation. It is much easier, and nobody will know the difference anyway.

Many major media people will concede that if indeed aliens are visiting earth, that would be a major story. But because they take great pride in their KNOWLEDGE of major stories, if this were happening they would know about it. But they don't. Therefore, anybody who says visits are real must be a crackpot.

I have noted four major reasons why the big names in science and journalism haven't jumped on the pro-UFO bandwagon:

1. Ignorance of the data. Scratch a debunker and one usually finds somebody who is putting down what he is not up on.

2. Fear of ridicule in sponsoring a thesis (only about ten have been submitted relating to UFOs) if a professor, or sponsoring a detailed reportorial investigation if an editor. I check all my audiences and find that, while in agreement with polls, 10% have had a sighting but only 5-10% of these witnesses have been willing to report what they saw. Biggest reason? Fear of ridicule.

3. Ego. If aliens were visiting Earth, they would call a press conference or ask to talk to the National Academy of Sciences. They haven't, so aliens must not be visiting. Flying saucers finish the job Copernicus started in taking man out of the middle of the universe. Priests fought Copernicus's ideas. Today guys in lab coats, rather than priestly robes, fight alien visitations.

4. Failure to use our knowledge of technology to understand UFO behavior. They say "It is impossible," rather than "I don't know how." Despite the absurd claims of certain ancient academics and fossilized physicists, it is clear on the basis of solid engineering studies that trips to nearby stars are feasible with round trip times shorter than the average person's lifetime -- using, for example, staged fission and fusion propulsion systems. I have worked on both. It's clear that technological progress comes from doing things differently in an unpredictable way. The history of science is littered with challenges, leveled by people who know nothing about the job at hand, against traditionally "impossible" claims.

The cult of S.E.T.I. (Silly Effort To Investigate) with its crazy notions that nobody would travel -- but that aliens, stuck at the level of radio, are trying to attract our attention -- mocks the notion of flying saucers, not by dealing with the evidence, but by proclamations about the ABSENCE of evidence. This ignores science.

I prove at every lecture that the NSA and CIA are withholding UFO data. Having worked under security for fourteen years, visited seventeen document archives, and having become aware of the huge black budgets of the NSA, NRO, CIA, DIA, etc.:eek:, I know how easy it is to keep secrets. My nineteen years of study about crashed saucers, and thirteen years on the Majestic-12 documents have convinced me these are real. The challenge for us all, as we enter the new millennium, is to recognize that while our future is in space, we are not alone. I truly hope we qualify for admission to the Cosmic Kindergarten.

Stanton Friedman

Stanton Friedman, a Canadian resident, is widely regarded in Canada as a fanatic and a wacko. While he readily claims to be a nuclear physicist, he always omits to mention that he gave up being a nuclear physicist almost 40 years ago in order to pursue a very lucrative career selling books, videos and audio tapes about UFOs. He follows the P.T. Barnum mantra of "There's a sucker born every minute."

If he was a genuine scientist, he would be confident in the scientific method of submitting his ideas to his fellow scientists, and allowing them to test his evidence.

He does not do that. He prefers the well-paying lecture circuit instead, where gullible people accept his opinions as truths.

maroonlegions
Stanton Friedman, a Canadian resident, is widely regarded in Canada as a fanatic and a wacko. While he readily claims to be a nuclear physicist, he always omits to mention that he gave up being a nuclear physicist almost 40 years ago in order to pursue a very lucrative career selling books, videos and audio tapes about UFOs. He follows the P.T. Barnum mantra of "There's a sucker born every minute."

If he was a genuine scientist, he would be confident in the scientific method of submitting his ideas to his fellow scientists, and allowing them to test his evidence.

He does not do that. He prefers the well-paying lecture circuit instead, where gullible people accept his opinions as truths.

Stanton T. Friedman received BSc and MSc degrees in physics from the University of Chicago in 1955 and 1956. ;)He was employed for 14 years :rolleyes:as a nuclear physicist for such companies as GE, GM, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas on such advanced, classified, eventually cancelled, projects as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and nuclear powerplants for space.;)

Since 1967 he has lectured on the topic "Flying Saucers ARE Real!" at more than 600 colleges and over 100 professional groups in 50 states, 9 provinces, 16 other countries. He has published more than 80 UFO papers and appeared on hundreds of radio and TV programs. He is the original civilian investigator of the Roswell Incident and co-authored "Crash at Corona: ;)The Definitive Study of the Roswell Incident." TOP SECRET/MAJIC, his explosive book about the Majestic 12 group established in 1947 to deal with crashed saucers, was published in 1996 and went through 6 printings. The 2nd edition with a new 5000-word afterword was published in September 2005 and is in its 2nd printing. Stan was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award in Leeds, England, in September, 2002, by UFO Magazine of the UK. A documentary "Stanton T. Friedman IS Real" was broadcast in Canada in 2002.

He has provided written testimony to Congressional Hearings, appeared twice at the UN, and been a pioneer in many aspects of Ufology including Roswell, Majestic 12, the Betty Hill-Marjorie Fish star map work; analysis of the Delphos, Kansas, physical trace case; crashed saucers, flying saucer technology and challenges to the S.E.T.I. (Silly Effort to Investigate) cultists.

Stanton Friedman takes a clear-cut unambiguous stand that SOME UFOs are alien spacecraft, that the subject of flying saucers represents a Cosmic Watergate, that none of the anti-UFO arguments made by a variety of noisy negativists stand up to careful scrutiny, and that we are dealing with the biggest story of the past millennium: visits to Planet Earth by alien spacecraft and the successful coverup by governments of the best data: alien wreckage and bodies recovered in New Mexico, for 59 years. He has spent many weeks at a total of 20 document archives. Stan has successfully taken on many critics of flying saucers, Roswell, Majestic 12, including winning a debate at Oxford University.

Stanton T. Friedman is a dual citizen of the USA and Canada and lives at 79 Pembroke Crescent, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada E3B 2V1.

were in the above does he fail to mention he gave up as a nuclear physicist, the above is taken from his biography and so what if he gave it up , that does not make his research void , genuine scientists dismiss all things to do with UFO research (not many doing it at the moment) mind you most view him (unjustly) as a crack pot and if he is making money from books ect then so what , character assassination and "in it for the money" attacks are the usual work of debunker's , rather than studying and listening to him they have already made their minds up regardless of facts.;)

Well, I actually witnessed a UFO this morning, unfortunately it was a floating object that was somehow blended in with the rather impressive toly I discarded into my work toilet this morning around 9.30ish, think it may have been associated with last nights Hara Mossala Chicken.

were in the above does he fail to mention he gave up as a nuclear physicist, the above is taken from his biography and so what if he gave it up , that does not make his research void , genuine scientists dismiss all things to do with UFO research (not many doing it at the moment) mind you most view him (unjustly) as a crack pot and if he is making money from books ect then so what , character assassination and "in it for the money" attacks are the usual work of debunker's , rather than studying and listening to him they have already made their minds up regardless of facts.;)

I think you and I agree more than we disagree about Friedman. We agree:

1. that he isn't a nuclear physicist, and hasn't been for almost 40 years.

2. that he's running a very nice business (good for him) selling UFO stories. That's not character assassination, btw, as I admire him for being able to pull it off.

3. that he won't present his evidence to genuine scientists because they will just debunk him.

I think it's interesting that, in his biography you quoted, he says "none of the anti-UFO arguments made by a variety of noisy negativists stand up to careful scrutiny" while, at the same time, he won't let his own evidence be subjected to scientific scrutiny, as we agreed in number 3 above.;)

Daydream Believer

For me the UFO debate is explained by one fact. If you look at the demographics of people who site them it will include tons of respectable people, doctors, lawyers etc, but there is one group that is notably absent; Astronomers. By rights these guys should see plenty considering they spend so much time looking at the night sky, but because they know what they're seeing they never report UFO's.

Walter Payton
:107years:

right thats it i am not watching War Of The Worlds again and that very bright glow i saw behind some trees just across from my back garden last month at about 5am when having a ciggy before i left for work IS NOT GOING TO FREAK ME OUT:confused:, been thinking about that and what was strange was the intense light but no sound, it was to near and low for it to be a plane , i first thought it was the moon but it was a clear night sky and i would have seen the moon when walking around my scheme on my way to work, too bright and intense and wrong colour to be a street light also:confused:, when i got to were i would have seen it if it was the moon ,NOTHING WAS THERE.:tumbleweed::moon:Not told anyone about this untill now not even my wife :rolleyes:, wonder why this is. :cool:

Did she warn you that she was going to have you locked up the next time you claimed to have seen a UFO?

Darwin is to Australia what Airdrie is to Scotland. The amount of bevvy and drugs going down up there is extreme. I'm surprised theres only 25 a week. 25 sightings an hour would make more sense.

The People's Chimp
Darwin is to Australia what Airdrie is to Scotland. The amount of bevvy and drugs going down up there is extreme. I'm surprised theres only 25 a week. 25 sightings an hour would make more sense.

narf. quality. talking of airdrie, if the government ever sought a venue for our very own "area 51" I don't think they'd too look much further than airdrie.

coppercrutch

Anyone who thinks aliens do not exist is stupid.

The thought that we are the only 'intelligent' lifeform in a universe of billions of different planets and suns is quite frankly the most pathetic and braindead idea ever.

Now as for whether they visit us or not that is another question. I reckon aye. Why not. If I was an alien I would pop in for a look now and again.

The thought that we are the only 'intelligent' lifeform in a universe of billions of different planets and suns is quite frankly the most pathetic and braindead idea ever.

Now as for whether they visit us or not that is another question. I reckon aye. Why not. If I was an alien I would pop in for a look now and again.

prove it !

coppercrutch
prove it !

Prove it doesn't ;)

I just reckon the chances of us being the only ones is about 1 gazillion to one. Why would we be....

And if we are what a waste, just think of all the Hobos and Wiedgies that have been created for nothing.

Sad..

I agree that there is probably life on other planets somewhere in the universe. How intelligent that life would be I haven't a clue - life of the intelligence of humans may well be a one-off evolutionary fluke. Personally I think it is very doubtful that we have been visited by aliens, but I guess I wouldn't 100% rule it out completely.

Carl Weathers
I agree that there is probably life on other planets somewhere in the universe. How intelligent that life would be I haven't a clue - life of the intelligence of humans may well be a one-off evolutionary fluke. Personally I think it is very doubtful that we have been visited by aliens, but I guess I wouldn't 100% rule it out completely.

Or maybe the other planets with life (if they exist) are much more advanced than us?

Couldn't rule it out.

:)

nanananananana-angus

Patrick Moore once said that 'there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on Earth, that being so it is mathematically impossible for there not to be other life in the universe,and that when you consider the extreme conditions in which life can proliferate it's actually likely that the universe is teeming with it.'

Patrick Moore is the man.

For the record I've seen two UFO's, both in the last eighteen months,seriously.

Maybe there is something to this wave thingy,maybe they start to show up in large numbers when the human race is about to kick off,like the foo fighters in WW11.

Patrick Moore once said that 'there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on Earth, that being so it is mathematically impossible for there not to be other life in the universe,and that when you consider the extreme conditions in which life can proliferate it's actually likely that the universe is teeming with it.'

Patrick Moore is the man.

For the record I've seen two UFO's, both in the last eighteen months,seriously.

Maybe there is something to this wave thingy,maybe they start to show up in large numbers when the human race is about to kick off,like the foo fighters in WW11.

Patrick Moore is a mod edit. Made me cry when I was seven. :sad:

nanananananana-angus
Patrick Moore is a mod edit. Made me cry when I was seven. :sad:

Hehe,his xylophone playing is rather painful right enough.

Hehe,his xylophone playing is rather painful right enough.

I was right into Astronomy and Space when I was a young'un (geek, I know) and my dad took me to see him in Edinburgh somewhere, he'd just released a book about Mars around that time.

At the end he took questions and I can't remember what I asked exactly but it was obviously stupid and naive because he got me to repeat myself twice. By the second repitition he was laughing and so was the huge (to me) audience that I burst into tears. :sad: He gave me a free signed copy of his book at the end but I refused to speak to him so he gave it to my Dad (I was always a stubborn little so and so).

I know you didn't ask/don't care about this tear-jerker but I thought it'd be cathartic. :P

I was right into Astronomy and Space when I was a young'un (geek, I know) and my dad took me to see him in Edinburgh somewhere, he'd just released a book about Mars around that time.

At the end he took questions and I can't remember what I asked exactly but it was obviously stupid and naive because he got me to repeat myself twice. By the second repitition he was laughing and so was the huge (to me) audience that I burst into tears. :sad: He gave me a free signed copy of his book at the end but I refused to speak to him so he gave it to my Dad (I was always a stubborn little so and so).

I know you didn't ask/don't care about this tear-jerker but I thought it'd be cathartic. :P

Breaks your heart, don't it :cry:

The footage shot by one of the Shuttle crew which seemed to show a missile being fired at a UFO was the one which really made me think about it. Don't know how to find it but it was good. I think someone tried to debunk it by saying it was just condensation. In space?

North Berwick Jambo
For anyone interested in calculating the number of communicating civilizations in the galaxy, there is an easy way of doing it.

Try this for yourself.

http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/Topics/SETI/drake_equation.html

My answer was 1.

In 2000 Amir D. Aczel claimed he had updated the equation in his book - Probability 1: The Book That Proves There Is Life in Outer Space.

Also these two video's make quite interesting viewing ;)

UFO, The Greatest Story Ever Denied.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5980990221766439646&hl=en

UFO, Out Of The Blue

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5545276251937701731&ei=nVWoSOG4A5PyjgLBs4C_Dw&q=out+of+the+blue&hl=en

Archived