Velicka getting it up the Hearts fans?

Guest JamboRobbo

Guest JamboRobbo

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/08/14/i-ll-break-hearts-of-my-old-pals-vows-rangers-striker-andrius-velicka-86908-20697141/

"For me' date=' playing in this match would be special - and if I can score that will also be nice [b']but only if we win[/b],"

"I know a lot of people from my time at Hearts and enjoyed playing football there But this is now in the past and all I want to do is score goals for Rangers and help us win games."

"I want to show our great fans what I am capable of. "

Next thing you know, he'll be celebrating if he scores against us.

Does that make him a Judas just like Elvhis and Webster? :P

He's in todays Metro saying much the same thing. He was kissing the Huns badge last Sat after scoring against Falkirk, so I've no doubt he'll do it again IF he scores this Sat.

portobellojambo1

He is simply saying what any other football player would say. We are no longer his employers, he has absolutely no loyalty to us, why should he.

Not sure what others on JKB class as a Judas, tend to think that some think that players (a) should not leave Hearts ever and (B) if they do should show absolutely no loyalty to their new employers, which to me is about as strange a way to think as you can get.

Loyalty is to the person or persons paying your wages, it is the way of the world.

rudi must stay
He's in todays Metro saying much the same thing. He was kissing the Huns badge last Sat after scoring against Falkirk, so I've no doubt he'll do it again IF he scores this Sat.

well tbh he has to. He's at his home ground jam packed against his old team, it pretty much means that he has to go absolutely daft if he scores. Will be more interesting to see what his reaction is if he scores against us at Tynecastle

Guest JamboRobbo
well tbh he has to. He's at his home ground jam packed against his old team, it pretty much means that he has to go absolutely daft if he scores. Will be more interesting to see what his reaction is if he scores against us at Tynecastle

If he dares to celebrate, he should be shot IMO.

Nothing wrong with what he says. I dare say some people will take great offence to it though :rolleyes:

Hungry Heart

Why the hell should he show any loyalty to Hearts fans?

It's quite obvious that the adulation Velicka received for his goal scoring exploits during his time at the club is only a small fraction of the admiration he would have received had he been born in another country. Especially Scotland.

Here's hoping he won't score anyway though!

rudi must stay
If he dares to celebrate, he should be shot IMO.

at Tynecastle if he celebrates definatly. Different story at Ibrox, if he doesn't celebrate he'll be shot by them

He actually kissed his ring as he does after most goals he scores. Watch it again!!

rudi must stay
Striker wants to score for new club shocker.

and against the club that sold him when he didn't even want to go. Total shocker

marshallschunkychicken
He actually kissed his ring as he does after most goals he scores. Watch it again!!

If he actually did that, I'd rather not watch to be honest.

Did I just misinterprete that? ;)

As I said in an earlier thread, I rated him, good player but would love to see berra go through him then watch Valicka get stretchered off holding his nut sack... with berra showing no remorse.

Almost sure that would get the atmosphere jumping at Ibrox.

Commander Harris
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/08/14/i-ll-break-hearts-of-my-old-pals-vows-rangers-striker-andrius-velicka-86908-20697141/

Next thing you know, he'll be celebrating if he scores against us.

Does that make him a Judas just like Elvhis and Webster? :P

""For me, playing in this match would be special - and if I can score that will also be nice but only if we win,"

I certainly don't think he's "getting it up the Hearts fans" with these comments.

He wants his current team to win the game and he'll be happy to score but not to get it up us, only to win the game.

Marmeladent?rtchen
Stop trying to get a reaction... :P

Agreed, he was sold by Vlad, and its not like he ran out the door. He got a better deal so cant expect him to say no.

I did find it strange that we sold him for a million to one club and about 4 months later they sold him on for a million. Its all very convent.

Anyone want to help fuel my conspiracy theory!!! :P

Well if he was as the title says trying to get it up the Hearts fans it sure has worked for some. Who really cares if he kisses a badge or Barry Fergusons erse, he is no longer one of us and can kiss what he wants in my opinion. Professional athletes especially football players are mercenaries, and have loyalty only to themselves and their current employer, and in some cases not even to the current employer.:slither:

stevieC@pivot
Agreed, he was sold by Vlad, and its not like he ran out the door. He got a better deal so cant expect him to say no.

I did find it strange that we sold him for a million to one club and about 4 months later they sold him on for a million. Its all very convent.

Isn`t Egil Ostenstad Viking`s mgr?:eek:

Guest JamboRobbo

Sounds to me like Velicka engineered his way out cause he wanted to sign for Rangers and we wouldn't sell to them. :P What a Judas.

Billy the Jambo

So what is the difference between Velicka getting it up the Hearts fans if the huns win on saturday and Pressley saying get it up you to the mad one when he came back to Tynecastle in a celtic top IMO nothing wrong with that at all .Velicka plays for rangers now get over it if he scores and celebrates so fecking what.As for the pressley carry on with some people on here he signed for celtic at the time what did you expect him to do he was looking for a club and celtic offered him a contract .now if he had returned to rangers certain posters on here would n,t have been so bitter and twisted

I have no argument with what Velicka is quoted as saying in this morning papers,( even though I don't enjoy reading it), but the Daily Express headline above the article declares " Velicka will make Hearts pay".

Pay for what, exactly?

A pathetic attempt at sensationalism!

I have no argument with what Velicka is quoted as saying in this morning papers,( even though I don't enjoy reading it), but the Daily Express headline above the article declares " Velicka will make Hearts pay".

Pay for what, exactly?

A pathetic attempt at sensationalism!

The pies, once waldo's out on his ear rangers will bring in someone else and Valicka will be manning the pie stands.

It's fun to dislike other team's players, especially when they have left Hearts and have stated that's what they always wanted to do, doubly extra especially when it's the old firm.

Are we not allowed that anymore?

Sounds to me like Velicka engineered his way out cause he wanted to sign for Rangers and we wouldn't sell to them. :P What a Judas.

:)

I like and agree with what youre getting at in this thread.

menstrie1874

was he not sold for a million euros then bought by them for a million sterling. nice profit :mad:

We didn't sell him,he was on loan from Kaunas,they or Vlad sold him,not us.

Anyway,burn him ,the judas git,can't believe he would ever consider scoring against Hearts,how very dare he.

They pay his wages now so he can kiss their badge if he likes. We got best part of a million for him. No complaints.

Hope he doesn't score. Can't blame him for wanting to though...

They pay his wages now so he can kiss their badge if he likes. We got best part of a million for him. No complaints.

Hope he doesn't score. Can't blame him for wanting to though...

Don't think we did.

Tynecastle Valhalla

to be honest what he is saying probably reflects what most players in his situation would say.

however i never liked him - despite his reasonable goals tally he was lazy and had a bad attitude - his heart was never in it. hope he fails badly at the currant buns....same with webster.

Isn`t Egil Ostenstad Viking`s mgr?:eek:

Nah its Uwe Rosler however, he would clearly know Ostenstad and they could have concocted the plan with Murray. The plot thickens....

stevieC@pivot
Nah its Uwe Rosler however, he would clearly know Ostenstad and they could have concocted the plan with Murray. The plot thickens....

He would know him, Ostenstad is Director of Football at Viking;)

Should be a cert to score against us on Saturday.

Not a very good player but has a good shot on him from just outside the box. The sort of position which Clarkson got into on Saturday for his shot. Weak spot in front of Palazuelos and in our holding midfield area.

Harry Palmer
We didn't sell him,he was on loan from Kaunas,they or Vlad sold him,not us.

Anyway,burn him ,the judas git,can't believe he would ever consider scoring against Hearts,how very dare he.

The first part of this statement is correct.

The second part may be attempting to compare Velicka to a certain former captain that is now part of the Scotand set-up. Or to some other former defender that has been languishing on the treatment table since leaving..

Was anyone expecting Velicka to say anything different? Yes, Heart of Midlothian gave him a chance and he was successful in taking that chance. He has now gone. Time for someone else to take their chance....

Ron Burgundy
As I said in an earlier thread, I rated him, good player but would love to see berra go through him then watch Valicka get stretchered off holding his nut sack... with berra showing no remorse.

Almost sure that would get the atmosphere jumping at Ibrox.

Love to see it but not going to happen.

IMO one thing missing from Berra's game is a real nasty streak of win at all costs.

If he actually did that, I'd rather not watch to be honest.

Did I just misinterprete that? ;)

That's what I was thinking - some contortionist - he should be in La Clique in the Spiegel Tent, no ?

Archived