Hearts sign...

Boof

It's my headboard!

I'm sure it was kept under the wheatfield/schoolend bit for a while? Could be talking complete tam white?

Think Hearts could have preserved it and had it displayed inside Riccarton as a wee bit of nostalgia, or under the Gorgie Road end. Some place like where the shoddy 500 club 'plaques' are. On that subject they are pretty poor for ?500 each eh?!

Could have fetched a lot at a charity auction.

alwaysthereinspirit
...whatever became of it?

tyecastle-front.jpg

Loved that sign. Always got excited as a kid knowing the church opening was coming up when sitting upstairs on the bus.:sad:

It's my headboard!

I'm sure it was kept under the wheatfield/schoolend bit for a while? Could be talking complete tam white?

Think Hearts could have preserved it and had it displayed inside Riccarton as a wee bit of nostalgia, or under the Gorgie Road end. Some place like where the shoddy 500 club 'plaques' are. On that subject they are pretty poor for ?500 each eh?!

Nore chance of it being Vlads head board

There was a thread on this a few years back and someone said that they had it at their house. Can't remember who though.

There was a thread on this a few years back and someone said that they had it at their house. Can't remember who though.

Sounds like something Irvine Jambo might have said.

boy_in_maroon

its being used as target practice for the strikers,

as most of them could not hit a barn door anyway

:P:rolleyes:;)

See my above post. It is in a garage lock up in Rosyth.

How much do you want for it?

Seem to remember that it was in a garden at some point (with refererence to my post above)?

Better watch as Vlad will want to claim it as HMFC property.

Pants Shaton

If it is genuinely holed up in someone's garage, the club should buy it back and incorporate it into the new stand as part of the proposed 'Hearts museum'.

If it is genuinely holed up in someone's garage, the club should buy it back and incorporate it into the new stand as part of the proposed 'Hearts museum'.

Absolutely.

Its a piece of history that should be on display.

Definitely, we need some kind of museum or exhibition of historical things like that. It meant a lot to a lot of people.

I've done the tour of Newcastle United and although the stadium is impressive their museum is a very small room with a few bits and pieces, in fact its attached to the cafe. We could easily rival that with a bit of thought and effort.

I despair though when I see adverts in the programme trying to find the league championship flag, what chance have we got?!

I'll ask Scott what he thinks, as I know he gets earache of his missus for it taking up the garage and he parks his motorbike and car outside the house.

Leave it with me.

I'll ask Scott what he thinks, as I know he gets earache of his missus for it taking up the garage and he parks his motorbike and car outside the house.

Leave it with me.

Is that not the badge that was above the tunnel that your thinking of?

If its who im thinking of.

Leave it with me.

I'm a bit shocked that it was given away in the first place. I'm sure he's a good guy and takes good care of it and everything but that's a really important piece of Jambo history.

Would be great to see it back on display somewhere. :Agree:

It's my headboard!

Do not know how long that sign has been removed ( o/seas ), if it was during the pieman era, i'd rest assured that naff all had been done, a bit like our Scottish Cup victory over the huns. No d.v.d. naff all.....PHAT***** ! :mad:

Do not know how long that sign has been removed ( o/seas ), if it was during the pieman era, i'd rest assured that naff all had been done, a bit like our Scottish Cup victory over the huns. No d.v.d. naff all.....PHAT***** ! :mad:

Back in 1998 DVD players were about as common as Hibs Scottish Cup wins, but I understand your point.:thumb:

Archived