U19's V Gretna - Scottish Youth Cup

chickalittle

The match is finally on after being postponed a couple of times due to Gretna's pitch being waterlogged.

KO is at 2pm - good luck lads!

Oopsupsideyerheed

Gretna 1 Hearts 3 at the moment.

Gretna 1 up in 1st minute.

Gretna player now sent off half hour to go.

Great information! :av-1001:

jamboinglasgow

any chance of saying what the team is?

Good news we are winning and against 10 men. go on the wee JT's

Footballfirst

Just back from Gretna

Team was (4-4-2)

Bjornsson

C Thompson, McGowan, Balatoni, Brown

Murooney, Hasband, Rapnik, Visconte

Kostadinov, Paul ? (Pom / Pob ? nickname don't know full name)

Subs Cowan, D Thompson, Hamilton

Scorers Visconte, Mulrooney, Paul ?, Brown (pen)

Caught cold for the 1st goal by Gretna in 90 seconds but quickly got back into in with two excellent goals. First from Rocky cutting in from the right and sending a shot high into the far corner, then a good work down the right by Rocky and Johnny Brown and the latter's great cross from the left set up Mulrooney for the 2nd. The 3rd was a tap in by Paul ? (somebody please tell me his name) after a fast break out from defence and a series of quick passes. The 4th was a pen from Brown after a good run by Cowan and the defender was adjudged to to have fouled him (I thought it was a bit soft)

Generally looked good going forward but were a bit shaky in central defence in the first half. Defence looked better in 2nd half once Gretna went down to 10 men. MOTM was Johnny Brown, didn't put a foot wrong all game, scored one and set up one. Not bad for a full back. Good performances from Visconte, Husband, Paul ?, and Branny looked a bit better than in previous games.

Just back from Gretna

Team was (4-4-2)

Bjornsson

Caught cold for the 1st goal by Gretna in 90 seconds but quickly got back into in with two excellent goals. First from Rocky cutting in from the right and sending a shot high into the far corner, then a good work down the right by Rocky and Johnny Brown and the latter's great cross from the left set up Mulrooney for the 2nd. The 3rd was a tap in by Paul ? (somebody please tell me his name) after a fast break out from defence and a series of quick passes. The 4th was a pen from Brown after a good run by Cowan and the defender was adjudged to to have fouled him (I thought it was a bit soft)

Generally looked good going forward but were a bit shaky in central defence in the first half. Defence looked better in 2nd half once Gretna went down to 10 men. MOTM was Johnny Brown, didn't put a foot wrong all game, scored one and set up one. Not bad for a full back. Good performances from Visconte, Husband, Paul ?, and Branny looked a bit better than in previous games.

Cheers for info mate

Just back from Gretna

Team was (4-4-2)

Bjornsson

Scott Robinson ?

jamboinglasgow
Scott Robinson ?

Dont know how you could get the nickname Pom from Scott Robinson unless the OZ's gave him it.

Though i have heard great things about Robinson, if it is him quite fancy watching the highlights 2moro.

Reckon Johnny Brown is due a wee run at LB in the first team. Been consistently one of the best performers in the U19s/reserves for a couple of years now.

Surely can't be worse than big Jose.

The future looks bright.

jamboinglasgow
Scott Robinson did indeed score the other goal.

Only 15 I think, unbelievable!

That is incrediable and also promising for us that a 15 year old is deemed good enough to play for the U19's. Heard the interview with John Murry where he raved about this boy. Hopefully he is the quality that is coming through.

But speaking of youngsters, I was at Ibrox on Wednesday night to watch them play East Sterlingshire (my flatmate is a season ticket holder there and as his dad couldn't go he asked me to go instead, most boring 6-0 match I have ever seen.) Anyway they had John Fleck coming on as a sub. This boy has not long turned 16 and he looked good for a young player. He should be a cracking player and a decent prospect for Scotland. But it showed that there is going to be some great youngsters coming through.

Dont worry I decontaminated myself when I got back, need to get back to Tynie.

That is incrediable and also promising for us that a 15 year old is deemed good enough to play for the U19's. Heard the interview with John Murry where he raved about this boy. Hopefully he is the quality that is coming through.

It's not even the U19s mate, it's the youth cup. U21 I think may still apply, hence why Mole played in it last year and Elliot the year before. Which makes it even more incredible.

jamboinglasgow
It's not even the U19s mate, it's the youth cup. U21 I think may still apply, hence why Mole played in it last year and Elliot the year before. Which makes it even more incredible.

Did not know that, well then my jaw has dropped even further. Also cant use the excuse that it was a cup game against lower league opponents thats why he is playing as Gretnas youth have had some good games this season.

I am hoping that the new website has a bigger section on our youth section as because it is becoming a key part for Hearts we should show it more detail. Think it is something that is lacking. Recently had a look at a few SPL teams websites and they have huge sections on youth and the acadmey. So for example how about a list of squads for U19's and U17's, and other things which would be interesting for Hearts fans.

But speaking of youngsters, I was at Ibrox on Wednesday night to watch them play East Sterlingshire (my flatmate is a season ticket holder there and as his dad couldn't go he asked me to go instead, most boring 6-0 match I have ever seen.) Anyway they had John Fleck coming on as a sub. This boy has not long turned 16 and he looked good for a young player. He should be a cracking player and a decent prospect for Scotland. But it showed that there is going to be some great youngsters coming through.

Dont worry I decontaminated myself when I got back, need to get back to Tynie.

Man U will probably have him within a few months then :sad:

Oopsupsideyerheed
Man U will probably have him within a few months then :sad:

Man Utd plus many other clubs noted their interest before he decided on Hearts so heres hoping.......................:)

the voice from above
Man Utd plus many other clubs noted their interest before he decided on Hearts so heres hoping.......................:)

was it not the case with davis gray and danny (?) galbraith that we gave them a training base before they made their pre-planned trip to OT? Not saying it's the same with this kid but I wouldn't be too surprised...

jamboinglasgow
was it not the case with davis gray and danny (?) galbraith that we gave them a training base before they made their pre-planned trip to OT? Not saying it's the same with this kid but I wouldn't be too surprised...

well if hearts have any sense they should hold onto him, rather then just selling him for ?60,000 like they did with Gray and Galbraith. We could make alot more money if he turns out to be really good.

any idea who the other quarter-finalists are? the sfa's website doesnt seem to have any info on this.... shock!

vlad on the tyne
well if hearts have any sense they should hold onto him, rather then just selling him for ?60,000 like they did with Gray and Galbraith. We could make alot more money if he turns out to be really good.

Im sure there is a hearts/man u youth tie in somewhere. I dont think its as simple as man utd cherry picking our young players.

Its encouraging to hear John Murray speaking so highly of a 15yo with so much ability being with hearts. hopefully he progresses and gets the chances visconte,kostadinov and templeton dont get!.

Malcolm Tucker
Glad to hear of the win against Gretna, who is left in the competition?

Whitehill play Rangers soon, that's all I know of.

funniest moment was when the linesman fell down a hole which appeared down the touchline.must have been about a foot deep.took a couple of barrows full of sand to fill it.linesman must have been 20 stone as well.put fatty foulkes to shame.

jamboinglasgow
Whitehill play Rangers soon, that's all I know of.

according to Rangers website it was due to be played yesterday, not heard anything about it, Hibs game was cancelled.

Just watched the highlights on HW and Rocky Visconte is just class. Most of the highlights were of the play going down the left. I He is very direct in that he likes to beat players and either shoot or go to the byline and cross. I really cant wait for him to break through the the first team. Come on shaggy get him picked !

Whats Copil up to these days ?

Copil is injured so wasn't playing yesterday

People are saying copil is gone as soon as we find some mug to recover our outlay on this overhyped expensive kid

The next hagi my ass

jamboinglasgow
Just watched the highlights on HW and Rocky Visconte is just class. Most of the highlights were of the play going down the left. I He is very direct in that he likes to beat players and either shoot or go to the byline and cross. I really cant wait for him to break through the the first team. Come on shaggy get him picked !

Whats Copil up to these days ?

I agree with you there, was impressed with him, if Driver picks an injury or suspension then give Visconte a chance.

Finally seen why certain posters champion him as their favourite youth. Now I need one, hmmm shotgun Scott Robinson:p.

I agree with you there, was impressed with him, if Driver picks an injury or suspension then give Visconte a chance.

Finally seen why certain posters champion him as their favourite youth. Now I need one, hmmm shotgun Scott Robinson:p.

McGowan and Rocky are the two that i would tout to be in the first team sooner rather than later.

I probably over-rate Rocky but he reminds me of rudi. He loves a shot at goal.

jamboinglasgow
McGowan and Rocky are the two that i would tout to be in the first team sooner rather than later.

I probably over-rate Rocky but he reminds me of rudi. He loves a shot at goal.

well if shoots like he scored his goal in that match i would happily have him on the team, also would love to have McGowan as the 3rd choice centre back behind Berra and karipidas in that order (saying we will never probalbly see Tall again.)

Also does anyone know when their contracts run out and do we automaticly gain and extended work permit for them? In FM2008 they never let me cos McGowen hasn't played enough games for the 1st team.

If only I could go to a match though, unfortunatly Saturdays are busy days for me.

Prancer will be along in a second to tell you Rocky has 'gone backwards'.

:D

I was told that in another thread :(

Punish me for being positive !

Archived