Dead cat bounce

david mcgee

The outlook is bleak, inflation is rising and house prices still have a long way to fall.

The unemployment rate is starting to rise but the major job losses are yet to come.

Consumers have already stopped spending, banks have stopped lending.

Bankers are less popular than politicians, even if they offered us money at their inflated rates we would tell them to stick it.

If you feel more confident about the economy now than you did a year ago i would be surprised, if you feel better today than you did three months ago i would call you daft.

Yet share prices have just had something of a rally, " a dead cats bounce ", some people calling a bottom in the market and a good time to invest.

Aye right!

There will be a time, but its not yet.

chester copperpot

I have no mortgage. I get a massive wage every month. I'm pretty much in the minority but what a life I have.

I feel quite bad for the people caught in this ****y credit crunch but I am pretty much through it.

Sorry but investing well, pulling out at the right time and good advice will get you through.

The outlook is bleak, inflation is rising and house prices still have a long way to fall.

The unemployment rate is starting to rise but the major job losses are yet to come.

Consumers have already stopped spending, banks have stopped lending.

Bankers are less popular than politicians, even if they offered us money at their inflated rates we would tell them to stick it.

If you feel more confident about the economy now than you did a year ago i would be surprised, if you feel better today than you did three months ago i would call you daft.

Yet share prices have just had something of a rally, " a dead cats bounce ", some people calling a bottom in the market and a good time to invest.

Aye right!

There will be a time, but its not yet.

Spent too much time watching Sky News? :rolleyes:

Fact is, there is only so much doom and gloom because we are constantly being told how bad everything is and that we are all screwed. The reality is that we are seeing an economic downturn due to natural market forces. The markets (and everything else) will recover and things will return to a more even keel - the sooner we get rid of drama queens like yourself, the sooner this will happen.

Professor.Arturo
I have no mortgage. I get a massive wage every month. I'm pretty much in the minority but what a life I have.

I feel quite bad for the people caught in this ****y credit crunch but I am pretty much through it.

Sorry but investing well, pulling out at the right time and good advice will get you through.

I'm in your minority. No mortgage, good wage, no outstanding loans and I dont own a credit card.....no CC = no debt.

Lifes good :booze:

I'm a student with no debt.

I have a mortgage but i bought my home before prices went mental so it's no problem.

Between part time work and what grants i get, i can't say i've really been affected either.

Chip Douglas

The sort of life that buys you 2 weeks in Benidorm for your summer holidays?

:P

I feel so happy for you.... really admire clever people ;)

The sort of life that buys you 2 weeks in Benidorm for your summer holidays?

:P

Hehe, it's the portobello of the south you know.

You dont use condoms then!!!!!!!

:duck:

I P Knightley
I'm in your minority. No mortgage, good wage, no outstanding loans and I dont own a credit card.....no CC = no debt.

Lifes good :booze:

No credit card?

How old are you? 87?

Glad to hear your " massive wage" is wrapped in teflon and completely safe from the after shocks of the credit crunch.

But how you are through it when it is only just starting confuses me.

Archived