New sports channel in Lithuania

LithuanianHearts

LithuanianHearts

On the 16th of August a new sports channel Sport1 should start in Lithuania. As far as I can understand, the main owner OF COURSE is Vladimir Romanov. That's very good news for Lithuanian football fans. There should be a lot of the EPL, Spanish La Liga (not sure how much), the SPL (when games are on TV at all), so it will be easier to watch Hearts' games :) maybe some other leagues later. One can hope that all this should improve the general attitude to football in Lithuania, and more kids on the pitches ;)

well done Mr. Romanov

Yeh the Lithuanians need to stop playing basketball and get some studs on! Was surprised to hear when I went over that football wasn't the biggest sport in Lithuania.

I always assumed that football was the biggest sport in most european countries however Basketball and Ice Hockey are pretty bug behind the old iron curtain.

Yeh the Lithuanians need to stop playing basketball and get some studs on! Was surprised to hear when I went over that football wasn't the biggest sport in Lithuania.

I always assumed that football was the biggest sport in most european countries however Basketball and Ice Hockey are pretty bug behind the old iron curtain.

its easyer to win when no one else is playing ;)

Thats why Scotland is good at curling then?! Nice city Vilnius, I was staying there when Lithuania beat Scotland 1-0 :( Freezing in a kilt though!

Thats why Scotland is good at curling then?! Nice city Vilnius, I was staying there when Lithuania beat Scotland 1-0 :( Freezing in a kilt though!

Try visiting Vilnius in the summer. Quite diferent weather.

My Arab friend describes Scotland as having two winters: the white winter and the green winter. With global warming maybe it is now three winters: white, green & wet.

I lived in Scandinavia for over 15 years and can confirm that the summers are not as baltic as you may think.

Archived