Admin fee for Ibrox tickets?

Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence

Anyone know if HMFC is to receive a 5% admin fee for selling tickets for Ibrox? If not, then why do the hypocritical b*stards want a 5% fee for selling their tickets for Tynecastle?

HMFC should demand a 5% fee, even if only to wind them up.

FTOF

Rangers were happy for the 5% to be reciprocal, but they would be as 5% of the revenue for them at tynecastle is much greater than 5% of the total cash when we visit them.

950 seats v 2k.

If Hearts charge them then they have agreement to charge us in Nov.

Hearts should sell the tickets themselves to the Orcs.

Print on the tickets the name of the ticketholder and state that passport or driving licence ID must be presented with the ticket to stop touts.

Print a warning on the ticket that any sectarian singing will be met with their details being passed onto the police and them being ejected and banned from the ground.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hearts should sell the tickets themselves to the Orcs.

Why? Why not just call their bluff? If Rangers don't want any tickets, fine, don't give them any.

Result - A tynie full of Jambos, and a Rangers support even madder at their own club...

Why? Why not just call their bluff? If Rangers don't want any tickets, fine, don't give them any.

Result - A tynie full of Jambos, and a Rangers support even madder at their own club...

Where did they say they didn't want the tickets? I've never seen that reported anywhere.

Guest JamboRobbo
Where did they say they didn't want the tickets? I've never seen that reported anywhere.

Well, that was Celtics response when Utd were refusing to agree to the 5% fee. Celtic said they wouldn't take any tickets then, and Utd caved in. I was presuming the OF would have a united front on this but time will tell.

I think if/when it comes to the crunch with HMFC, and the OF say they ain't taking tickets unless they get their 5%, we should call their bluff......

Well, that was Celtics response when Utd were refusing to agree to the 5% fee. Celtic said they wouldn't take any tickets then, and Utd caved in. I was presuming the OF would have a united front on this but time will tell.

I think if/when it comes to the crunch with HMFC, and the OF say they ain't taking tickets unless they get their 5%, we should call their bluff......

There were obvioulsy Huns at the Falkirk game on Saturday so they obviously do still want tickets. Falkirk refused the 5% deal and sold to Huns themselves.

Guest JamboRobbo
There were obvioulsy Huns at the Falkirk game on Saturday so they obviously do still want tickets. Falkirk refused the 5% deal and sold to Huns themselves.

Rangers FANS want tickets. But Rangers and Celtic football clubs don't want tickets unless they are getting their 5% fee. So if Rangers and Celtic try this "we're not selling any tickets for you unless we get our 5%" (as Celtic already did with Utd), why not just call their bluff?

Their FANS will be up in arms. At their own club.

I know Falkirk couldn't afford to do it as they don't get many sell outs and need the cash, but it'd make much less difference financially to HMFC than it does to Falkirk.

Rangers FANS want tickets. But Rangers and Celtic football clubs don't want tickets unless they are getting their 5% fee. So if Rangers and Celtic try this "we're not selling any tickets for you unless we get our 5%" (as Celtic already did with Utd), why not just call their bluff?

I know Falkirk couldn't afford to do it as they don't get many sell outs and need the cash, but it'd make much less difference financially to HMFC than it does to Falkirk.

I doubt we could afford to do it either.

Rangers have never said they don't want the tickets, just that they will not accept the hassle of selling them. I'm sure they will want their own fans backing at away games, that goes without saying.

I think we should call their bluff for the first game and

1) See the impact of the fallout from their own fans

2) If say Tyne was 2/3k short agree to sell tickets via us directly to their fans - say around 1.5k. Once they are on our database I'd bombard them mercily with flyers; emails about

a) Hearts merchandise

B) Anti drugs, anti violence, anti rape, anti bigotory fliers.

Well worth the expenditure.

Any other ideas what to send the scrotes?

Fozzyonthefence
Rangers were happy for the 5% to be reciprocal, but they would be as 5% of the revenue for them at tynecastle is much greater than 5% of the total cash when we visit them.

950 seats v 2k.

If Hearts charge them then they have agreement to charge us in Nov.

Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully we still tell them to GTF in November & either sell the tickets ourselves or give them none if they do what Celtic did to Utd & threaten to take no tickets.

Guest JamboRobbo
I doubt we could afford to do it either.

We could fill Tynie without them IMO.

If not, it's only 2k tickets at 25 quid, about 50k. * 4 games = 200k a season.

A small small percentage of our 4-5M gate receipts for the season.......

To get it right up rangers and their fans? A lot more cost effective than Vlad constantly getting himself fines for mouthing off! :laugh:

Rangers have never said they don't want the tickets, just that they will not accept the hassle of selling them.

Which is, effectively, a rejection of their allocation? If we say "fine, don't take any then", they'd have no complaints, as we'd have offered them tickets.

I'm sure they will want their own fans backing at away games, that goes without saying.

I'm sure they do. But if they're not willing to administer the selling of the tickets, why should we do it for them, helping them have their backing?

Why not just have a Tynie full of Jambos instead?

The only reason I can think of is cause it's a breach of SPL rules, but as soon as we offer Rangers (the club) tickets and they don't want to take them, we'll be off the hook on that front.

Archived