Who facnies us for Ibrox??

LiamWallace

I really think we will win at the weekend Rangers are in a state and the feel good vibe is back at Tynie can see us winnning 2 nil at least is anyone else rite up for this?

i agree with you., the bookies certainly dont though, so ill have some of that at 13-2 for a hearts win, thanks very much blue square!

Commander Harris

as much as we have improved and Rangers seem to be struggling, going to Ibrox is always going to be a very tough game.

Obviously I'm hoping for a win but I would not be surprised if Rangers won.

Pants Shaton

According to some fans on here we just need to turn up to collect the 3 points.

I fully expect a Rangers win. Anything else is a bonus.

I think this is our best chance of getting 3 points in Ibrox in years, at least since Burley's days! Still, that doesnt mean that it's going to be a walk in the park, far from it! But if Csaba gets them going, which im sure he will, and we concentrate and bully them I will be surprised if we dont get at least a point. Saying that it will be typical Rangers and they'll win 3-0 or something.

i agree with you., the bookies certainly dont though, so ill have some of that at 13-2 for a hearts win, thanks very much blue square!

go to betfair you will not get better odds 9.1 early today

Correct attitude sir,

Also don't forget in Velika and Boyd they have at least 2 front men who KNOW where the back of the net is (proven)

Who do we have up front with a proven decent scoring record?

:o

I'd take a point right now.

Ditto. As long as we show the same passion and commitment as Saturday I will be satisfied. Could do with showing a bit more resistance at the back. Motherwell never really had to work hard for their goals on Sat...

Guest Maroon Carpet
can see us winnning 2 nil at least is anyone else rite up for this?

Me too, as long as the referee is fair and honest.

Also I would like to say that having Laszlo is like having an extra man on the park.

scott herbertson
Me too, as long as the referee is fair and honest.

Also I would like to say that having Laszlo is like having an extra man on the park.

That'll balance out the sending off (? Stewart. Miko?)

I'd settle for a point

chester copperpot
I'd take a point now.

Although I could see us taking more.

As always, I will take anything other than defeat on Saturday.

We seem to keep our best performances for Glasgow to the Mhanks lately. We've been rank rotten at Ibrox of late.

Libertonian_II

Being a bit long in the tooth as well as a touch cynical about our team's improvement, I can't see us winning.

There's been many a time where we've gone to castle greyskull full of it, only to be turned over big time.

They still have way more quality players than we do

If we get a point, it's a bonus

This game could go a long way to setting the tone for both teams this season.

Ideally, We win comfortably, controling the game for the full 90 minutes stands empty by the 50th minute.Then we kick on big time till Christmas and beyond

Rangers go into melt down.:dribble:

Could'nt be playing Rangers at a better time.Think we can get someting out of the game at Ibrox.

The Old Tolbooth
as much as we have improved and Rangers seem to be struggling, going to Ibrox is always going to be a very tough game.

Obviously I'm hoping for a win but I would not be surprised if Rangers won.

Totally agree CH, and lets not forget that Ibrox is the ground that holds our worst away record in the entire league, something like 4 wins in 23 years there. :wacko:

I'm not counting any chickens as I think der hun will see this game as the perfect chance to get back on track, just like we see it as a perfect chance to win in their own back yard for a change.

heartsfc_fan

I'd be happy with us scraping a 0-0 or 1-1 and then thumping St Mirren next week

:fing25:

Never been a great fan of pyschologically "taking a point" in advance of a game. Its against the rules anyway :)

I think we've a very good chance of at least a point but we'll have to seriously turn up and turn up for 90 minutes.

That way we dont need to accept a point, we'll deserve a point, and we might even get all 3.

As long as something demoralising doesnt happen its early enough to recover from a defeat at Ibrox. Its not like it would be the first time. Lets go for it, get right in their faces and see what happens. None of this "take a point right now" p|sh No one EVER won anything worthwhile by going with a "take a point" attitude

Era Macaroons

:eek: You must be on the wind up.

I fully expect a Hearts win. Anything else would be disasterous.

I'm certainly not expecting a win. This is the most confident I've been about going to Ibrox for a long time and I think we have a real chance but you have to remember that this is only our second competitive game under Csaba.

Whilst, I'm optimistic about the game and the season, I'm not going to get carried away and go into a game at Ibrox expecting a win and being disappointed with a draw.

I think were setting ourselves up for a big fall.

We always loose against teams desperate for a win not to mention a dismal record at Ibrox.

We only beat Motherwell at home with 10 mins to go last week - Hardly league contenders yet. Lets not get ahead of ourselves next we will be claiming to have invented 'flair-football' like the hobos?!

Just because Kanaus beat them doesn't mean we will. Thats just a school playground assumption.

Right cynicism/realism over time for optimism! I would love it if we won, not even a pumping - I would settle for being the poor side all game and getting an offside goal in the last min. That would be justice!

We always loose against teams desperate for a win not to mention a dismal record at Ibrox.

We only beat Motherwell at home with 10 mins to go last week - Hardly league contenders yet. Lets not get ahead of ourselves next we will be claiming to have invented 'flair-football' like the hobos?!

Just because Kanaus beat them doesn't mean we will. Thats just a school playground assumption.

Right cynicism/realism over time for optimism! I would love it if we won, not even a pumping - I would settle for being the poor side all game and getting an offside goal in the last min. That would be justice!

I trust you wont be having any part to play in writing Csaba's team talk.:)

I trust you wont be having any part to play in writing Csaba's team talk.:)

I don't wanna come across as one of these many doom merchants that you get on here. However I do believe there's a fair bit of cockyness amongst us jambos right now. I've just had that feeling too many times and been left bitterly disappointed.

No I certainly won't be giving team talks with my attitude - thats why I sit/stand on the stands doing my job every week.....hurling abuse at the ref. Csaba's got his job and he seems to be doing it well so far.

I think that we have a right good chance of getting a result on Saturday.

Ranger's not playing very well,just sold there best player, and the most important they have,Barry The Crab is injured.

The defence is in abit of a shambles at this present time,and an early goal for us,espcially if it comes from a Ger,s mistake will have the native,s running for them tenement,s.

If we can get on top right from the start and get the early goal all hell will break out in the hunnery.

I think that our new management team will have our lad,s well up for it and after the result and the support they got on Saturday at tynie will also have given them some believe in themselve,s.

Listened to Mickey Stwart,s interview on HW earlier and it doe,s sound thing,s are being run properly and the player,s are getting the job,s sorted out before they go on to the pitch.

This is one trip to the hunnery where we should be thinking we are going to win.:)

Correct attitude sir,

Also don't forget in Velika and Boyd they have at least 2 front men who KNOW where the back of the net is (proven)

Who do we have up front with a proven decent scoring record?

:o

Unfortunately i agree, it's not the first time we've had high hopes going there and been on the wrong end of a hammering.:sad: Don't think we're strong enough yet to go there and 'turn them over.'

Still...it would be nice if we did.!:P

Malcolm Tucker

I'll be clicking my heels if we get a draw at Hunbrox.

We never win there unfortunately.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yep, sums up my feelings too!

2-0 Stewart first goalscorer, 600/1.

Yes Rangers have good strikers, Boyd, Velicka, Miller, Lafferty, Darcheville, Novo, but they can only play 2 of them up front, can you really see Smith playing 3 up front?

Their midfield isn't strong, no Davis, they played Whittaker in midfield on Saturday, Lafferty was in their as well, they have a phycological disadvantage that their captain is missing.

And their defence, I don't think we will be shaking at the prospect of facing Kirk Broadfoot and Christian Dailly, they are not strong, Falkirk were all over them on Saturday, they can be beaten.

The Csaba factor is strong, Kingston and Stewart especially are performing much better than last season, Mole is even performing well. If we get our tactics right, concentrate on the job in hand, take our chances, we may just get a result.

2-0 Easy win.

For Rangers. We always choke there.

I agree also i seen nothing from us on Saturday to suggest we are capable of going there and winning. Rangers are poor but i think defensively we are not good enough to handle whatever strikers they play.

Charlie-Brown

I'm not saying we will win or even draw but the amount of defeatism on this thread is staggering - we have to go there with the belief that we can win and make sure we give everything, Rangers are nothing special and nothing to be afraid of. :)

Agreed.

I don't blame the OP for the optimism, we all have it at some point, but our record through there is horrific. Better Hearts teams than this have been hammered there and by worse R@ng*rs teams.

Never been a great fan of pyschologically "taking a point" in advance of a game. Its against the rules anyway :)

I think we've a very good chance of at least a point but we'll have to seriously turn up and turn up for 90 minutes.

That way we dont need to accept a point, we'll deserve a point, and we might even get all 3.

As long as something demoralising doesnt happen its early enough to recover from a defeat at Ibrox. Its not like it would be the first time. Lets go for it, get right in their faces and see what happens. None of this "take a point right now" p|sh No one EVER won anything worthwhile by going with a "take a point" attitude

I'm not saying that we should go and play for a point as that would be foolish in the extreme.

But if we went there and returned with a draw I'd be more than content.

In some ways, this is the BEST time to be going to Ibrox, given the current "turmoil" through there.

In some ways, this is the WORST time to be going to Ibrox, given the fact that this is their first home game - with a crowd to win back over..... sooner or later - there WILL be backlash.

I predict we will get humped. That in itself is not my main concern - I'm nore interested in how we will react in the weeks that follow if / when they do give us a hiding.

marshallschunkychicken

I never fancy Hearts for a win at Ibrox. That way, if we get a draw, or possibly even a win, I'm absolutely delighted.

I just think everyone is getting far too confident about going to a place where we have a horrendous record.

Seymour M Hersh

Personally I think it's a rotten time to play them. They'll get, imo, everything going from the officials who will be bricking it in the face of angry hordes of orcs.

I think that Glenn Loovens will be on his way to Rangers to team up with Bougherra in the centre of their defence, they will try to sign a midfielder as well so it will be a hard game as usual.

Yip, exactly how I feel about this weeks game also.

Rangers haven't lost at Ibrox for 10 months, despite their uninspiring form. I agree that this is as good a time as any to go there but I think a reality check is needed. A draw would be a good result, not many of our rivals will get a point at Ibrox.

So much of how Saturday goes will depend on how we are set up, and what tactics we employ.

So, despite Rangers apparent woes it will remain more about how we play, than how they play.

Whilst it may be a good time to play Rangers I think it is possibly too early in Csaba's time with us to fully take advantage of this.

I fancy a slightly "missed opportunity" draw.

But to be honest, if we lose, as long as we have played with confidence and some verve and gone about the game the right way, with what look like good tactics I'll be content enough

Seen this too many times.

Rangers will win comfortably as our defence aint strong enough.

One hope if Larry and Stewart can get a grip of midfield otherwise were fecked

Agreed. Although they're in a mess our record there is woeful to say the least. Our performance last week was encouraging but we're nowhere near good enough yet to go through to Glasgow and expect anything other than a defeat.

That said it will be interesting if we can keep it tight for a long period, at which point I could well see us sneaking something.

Dirk Diggler

But to be honest, if we lose, as long as we have played with confidence and some verve and gone about the game the right way, with what look like good tactics I'll be content enough

Would agree with that.

I reckon the midfield is ours for the taking, with the crab out and McCulloch in centre mid for them (????) I can't see why MS and LK can't control it, I think our best midfield is very under rated... just hope our defence is awake (hopefully Karapedis with Berra) and Makela is nowhere to be seen!

DOn't see why we cant get something from it but I wouldn't bet on it at the moment, very much a "work in progress" situation...

Depends what Hearts players have the balls to take the game by the scruff of the neck at Ibrox.

Thats the bottom line.

Archived