Bruno or stewart

rumbles1874

Bruno or stewart  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Bruno or stewart

• Bruno
    • Stewart
    • unsure

with Bruno nearing match fitness who would like to see in the starting line up?Mikey has had a great game against mother well but i feel both of them offer different options and can't make mind up

with Bruno nearing match fitness who would like to see in the starting line up?Mikey has had a great game against mother well but i feel both of them offer different options and can't make mind up

Theres an argument that in some games they might be our best option to play together.

Has to be stewart as no one knows how Bruno will be, or even if he still remembers the rules of football.

Think we'll see a different Stewart this season, when you see the highlights of Saturday everything good went through him. Very impressive performance.

Need to be Stewart at the moment, he did play well and a fit and confident Stewart will do well for us. Bruno on the other hand is just back after a long lay-off and should be used as a sub for a while yet, Stewart'll get bookings and possible sendings off as he's that type of player, Bruno'll just have to bide his time and it will come. He might then keep the position for a while to himself.

I hope that Bruno will get fit enough to get another club.

That would free up wages for a player who could move the club forward.

Stewart is a far better midfielder in the SPL in my opinion.

Peter Olivers Army

Isn't it great to be discussing the best option for a change.

Both on top form could be included in a 5 man midfield but if only one were to get it, Mikey would get my vote.

ernie winchester

You simply couldn't drop Stewart after his performance on Saturday. Here's hoping he keep it up.

Mikey, especially after Saturday's game. If he can keep his game at, or around, that level, he is a first pick! Bruno doesn't have enough steel about him for the current Hearts team. We need a couple of players who are hungry enough to go chasing the game, Bruno isn't that type of guy.

Dirk Diggler

No great fan of Stewart but he was tremendous on Saturday.

No great fan of Bruno either to be honest.

thehibsareintheirbeds

both have proved themselves to be pretty inconsistent in their time at hearts so its too tough to choose for me....hoepfully things will be clearer in the next few months with stewart cementing his place in the hearts team and pushing for a place with scotland or bruno turning it on every week or maybe even both. i'd trust csaba to make the right call now though, which is a nice change from previous seasons

If Stewart plays weekly as he did on Saturday he would should play weekly.Bruno can give different options and I think the two can play together and compliment each other.

The player who seems to be on top Form or the one struggling to get back to fitness?

That's a no brainer.

We don't know quite how fit Aguiar is but the Holding role that Karapidis bluffed last Saturday would presumably suit him better.

i'd go with Stewart as long as he keeps up his performances a la saturday against murderwell.

i've never been totally convinced by Bruno, don't know whether he has it in him to get stuck in when the going gets tough.

Drylaw Hearts

Ditto.

In a four-man, attack-minded midfield I'd prefer Stewart; in a five-man midfield (i.e. Rangers or Celtic away etc) I think both could play together. Aguiar's passing is certainly a useful asset, especially when playing on the counter-attack or keeping possession.

Aguiar seems to lack a bit of bite sometimes, which is where Stewart could come in to help.

Under Czaba I think we may see the best of Bruno as I really do think he is one of the best passers of the ball we have and Czaba's passing style should suit him.

No need to have a debate.

Just wait a couple of weeks until Stewart gets himself sent off/suspended for a reckless lunge after he's failed to control the ball or for dissent after he argue's with the ref for being penalised for said reckless lunge and then there will be a gap in the midfield that hopefully Bruno is fit enough to fill. Preferably for the rest of the season

rudi must stay

Bruno. Stewart had a great game on Saturday but don't forget he has a few great games last season as well, IMO Aguiar when he was in the team was alot more consistent

Hobo.

portobellojambo1

Michael Stewart without question. When he is playing well he has much more influence on how we play as a team than Aguiar has.

Michael Stewart is a great asset to Heart of Midlothian Football Club both on the pitch and off it.

I would have made him Club Captain and that would take the pressure of Christophe Berra and would let him concentrate on playing.

Stewart is a leader on and off the pitch.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I'd have:

Palazuelos

Stewart Bruno

as the central midfield three. Rueben can sit, play the simple passes and provide defensive cover for the back four. Stewart provides both passing ability and workrate, getting from box to box whereas Bruno, whilst less "all action" than Stewart, is a little more creative. Would provide a good balance, although Palazuelos and Jonsson could be raotated if we need a more physical presence, which Jonsson has more of than Rueben.

Paisley Jambo

I will go for Stewart. Great start to the season and maybe he needs a run of games where he is playing well and knows the manager rates him. You don't get to be at Man United without a good reason. Also he is Scottish.

Paisley Jambo
Michael Stewart is a great asset to Heart of Midlothian Football Club both on the pitch and off it.

I would have made him Club Captain and that would take the pressure of Christophe Berra and would let him concentrate on playing.

Stewart is a leader on and off the pitch.

Any relation ? ;)

Good points raised.

Guest jambomickey
Michael Stewart without question. When he is playing well he has much more influence on how we play as a team than Aguiar has.

100% agree with you mate

Charlie-Brown

Provided Aguiar can recover form & fitness they can both be useful players for us so I'd be happy with either in the team provided they were justifying their inclusion with good performances.

Jambo Forever

Why one or the other.. I'd have said Bruno preseason, but now Stewart.. I know Bruno aint a big tackler, but he tracks well and if fit I'd have hime before Karapidis any day.

BOTH MAYBE?

What about Palazuelos?!

He'll struggle to get into the team when Bruno gets fit, as will Eggy.

From what I have seen of him pre-season Palazuelos is one of the few who doesnt seem any better than he was last season, and THAT was distinctly average.

Still, good to have such options

Archived