Diving Lithuanian - Hearts v Rangers

Serge

I wonder if Saturdays ref will be aware of a Lithuanian player with a recent history of outrageous diving to win a penalty.

Did the ref give a penalty for that or book Velicka?

I thought opposition players were not allowed to interfere with the goalkeeper's kicking.

Which one? Ksana? Miko? Velicka?

Kinda the point I was trying to make JR. I know he'll be looking out for two of those three.

Did the ref give a penalty for that or book Velicka?

I thought opposition players were not allowed to interfere with the goalkeeper's kicking.

Penalty given and a yellow card for the keeper.

The keeper was just bouncing the ball so it wasn't really interfering with his kicking.

Guest JamboRobbo
Kinda the point I was trying to make JR. I know he'll be looking out for two of those three.

A fair point. I wonder if he'll be looking out for goalies handling outside their box also....ala Banks on Saturday.

Penalty given and a yellow card for the keeper.

The keeper was just bouncing the ball so it wasn't really interfering with his kicking.

That was a stonewaller, Velicka's shorts were clearly pulled, keeper never had a problem with the call, so what's your problem? Not much different to when Lee Miller robbed Colgan (I think?) at ER in a 2-2 draw in 2005 except we never got a penalty (surprise, surprise).

Mind you after seeing Velicka kiss the hun top after scoring on Saturday can I wish every conceivable misery on the tosspot?

I did like him and up until that point I would have wished him success (except against Hearts of course). That felt much more of a stab in the back than anything Elvis did. Time for the tin hat to go on???

That was a stonewaller - no it wasn't, Velicka's shorts were clearly pulled - no they weren't, keeper never had a problem with the call - yes he did, so what's your problem? Not much different to when Lee Miller robbed Colgan (I think?) at ER in a 2-2 draw in 2005 except we never got a penalty - so totally different then.

I takeit there was another penalty in that game and you've posted the wrong video???

I'm 100% sure the keeper grabs Velicka's shorts, I can't see any footage of the keeper objecting to the decision and the only difference between this and the Lee Miller incident was that the ref bottled it at ER!

Biggest question is: Why the feck am I arguing with a schoolkid???

My money would be on Velicka to dive first, the difference though is they'll get a penalty from it, we'll just receive another booking!

peckhamjambo
A fair point. I wonder if he'll be looking out for goalies handling outside their box also....ala Banks on Saturday.

if he reads this, he will be looking out for it now! ;)

HMFCjamieHMFC
I takeit there was another penalty in that game and you've posted the wrong video???

I'm 100% sure the keeper grabs Velicka's shorts, I can't see any footage of the keeper objecting to the decision and the only difference between this and the Lee Miller incident was that the ref bottled it at ER!

Biggest question is: Why the feck am I arguing with a schoolkid???

the goalie did grab Velicka's shorts but he did fall down quite theatrical

Hopefully with hundreds of training sessions and dozens of games playing alongside him will prove a benefit to the defence when trying to stop him on Saturday.

Toxteth O'Grady

Well done for your prediction Pyramid Worshipper

Broadfoot dives = freekick for the huns

Miko dive= Yellow card:sad:

Toxteth O'Grady
But surely it's only paranoia?

Just because your'e paranoid doesn't mean that they are not cheating GFA bassas

Dirk Diggler
paranoia.png

Boyd falls on his arse, never a foul, Rangers score from it (Yes Wallace should have done better)

Miko is fouled, TV shows clear contact, booked for 'simulation'.

Broadfoot takes a dive, TV shows no contact, No booking. Free kick for the Huns.

McCulloch lunges in first half in very similar challenge to Miko in the second half, McCulloch gets a talking too. Miko gets a second yellow.

Boyd falls on his arse, never a foul, Rangers score from it (Yes Wallace should have done better)

Miko is fouled, TV shows clear contact, booked for 'simulation'.

Broadfoot takes a dive, TV shows no contact, No booking. Free kick for the Huns.

McCulloch lunges in first half in very similar challenge to Miko in the second half, McCulloch gets a talking too. Miko gets a second yellow.

Yeah, but we're paranoid.

Archived