Tullberg Talks (merged threads)

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1364388,00.html

Tullberg: Hearts was my No 1 choice

New hitman Mike Tullberg last night admitted that once he knew Hearts wanted to sign him, there was nowhere else he'd have rather been.

The 22-year-old Danish frontman put pen to paper on a season-long loan deal on Monday and was formally introduced to the media at Tynecastle yesterday.

He spoke of the comparisons that inevitably fall to strikers who are assigned the legendary number nine shirt, worn by more than a few Hearts heroes, not least John Robertson.

And the Reggina Calcio striker also backed Hearts as one of the 'big three' clubs in Scottish football.

"When I heard there was interest from Hearts I wanted to come here as my number one choice," he told journalists.

"I have the same agent as Peter Lovenkrands who played in Glasgow [with Rangers] and we talked a little but I was never in any doubt.

"I have been following Scottish football in Denmark, although it was hard in Italy. I have always been impressed as it was physical and strong football.

"Peter said there were three big clubs, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. For me Hearts is one of the big three, however, the first goal is to get to the top six."

When asked about the history of Hearts' number nine shirt, Mike looked up to the picture of John Robertson celebrating scoring against Celtic in the Executive Suite and smiled, "Robertson was a big player but I don't want to compare myself to him.

"Personally you have to set goals but my priority is the team. If the team has success then I will have success.

"As a striker you want to score goals but as long as the team is winning and the players you are playing besides are scoring goals then the three points is all the matter. No player can be above the club. The club is the most important thing."

Mike also revealed that amongst the reasons he signed for Hearts was the new manager, Csaba Laszlo.

"He knew everything about me," the Dane revealed. "He has a good character and it is a nice person. I think I can improve my game under Mr Laszlo. I hope I can learn a lot of things.

"I am here at Hearts to concentrate about this year. I hope to join Hearts on a permanent contract, nowhere else but this is not what I am concentrating on at the moment."

just read articel on official website and young lad comes across very well,

reading between the lines it would seem csaba likes to sign the right type of players at hearts.(mentaly that is;))

"I have the same agent as Peter Lovenkrands who played in Glasgow [with Rangers] and we talked a little but I was never in any doubt.

"Peter said there were three big clubs, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. For me Hearts is one of the big three, however, the first goal is to get to the top six."

:laugh:

Malcolm Tucker
My avatar rocks

I don't usually laugh out loud on things I see on a computer.

I don't know if it was because it was funny or scary though.

Seems quite clued up on Hearts anyway, says he wants to come here permanantly, only Hearts. Think he's a bit of a Jambo then? Appears to know a lot about us, what's Lovenkrands doing now? Wonder if he'd do us a turn if he was available?

Seems quite clued up on Hearts anyway, says he wants to come here permanantly, only Hearts. Think he's a bit of a Jambo then? Appears to know a lot about us, what's Lovenkrands doing now? Wonder if he'd do us a turn if he was available?

Lovenkrands is at Schalke

Tullberg seems really knowledgeable, and I like the way he speaks about the club and Scottish football. Obviously, you get a lot of players saying they only ever wanted to play for one club etc, but he genuinely seems to know what he is talking about with regards to Scottish football, and his response when asked about the history of the number 9 shirt was class.

I think he could be a massive player for us, even if he doesn't bang in the goals. We have so many midfiielders who can score, and we have been crying out for someone to bring them into the game

You have to respect someone who finds out a bit about the club before he signs for them.

monkfish1979

Between Tullberg and Nade, our front line is potentially huge. Hope Wattie's got a hip replacement fund for Weir and Dailly.

I liked this bit of his interview.

Mike also revealed that amongst the reasons he signed for Hearts was the new manager, Csaba Laszlo.

"He knew everything about me," the Dane revealed. "He has a good character and it is a nice person. I think I can improve my game under Mr Laszlo. I hope I can learn a lot of things.

Backs up everything Csaba has said about getting the right people, cant remember many other signings before this season saying that.

This season is going to be very exciting I think ;)

Mines better although will be going soon i suppose. :(

keep it, it has irony now

How cool is it to have a proper manager who does proper manager things again? :)

yeh it is a bit weird feeling.

Csaba is the man

Tullberg could be a mark de vries type player for us

Lovenkrands is at Schalke

Tullberg seems really knowledgeable, and I like the way he speaks about the club and Scottish football. Obviously, you get a lot of players saying they only ever wanted to play for one club etc, but he genuinely seems to know what he is talking about with regards to Scottish football, and his response when asked about the history of the number 9 shirt was class.

I think he could be a massive player for us, even if he doesn't bang in the goals. We have so many midfiielders who can score, and we have been crying out for someone to bring them into the game

Lovenkrands was linked with a move back to rangers earlier on in the close season, so maybe he could link up with his old mate mike. i personally would take him as long as he played as a striker, remember when he banged in 7 goals in 3 games or somethin? then big eck stuck him back at left wing, idiot. anyway it's not goin to happen, maybe ive just started a rumor, and if i did, you heard it here first!

as for scoring midfielders, very true and i think jamie mole could play the role you described, however we'll see what this tullberg fellae can do

Peter Olivers Army

He was being linked with the Huns last night on unreal radio, but I think they were just trying to press a few more buttons on those agitated bears.

As for Tullberg, he certainly talks a good game and without undue arrogance.

Looking forward to seeing him.

Archived