Scottish football is corrupt to the core!!

Bantu01

The penalty decision awarded against the St.Mirren ****bags at Celtic Park was outrageous. Once again a corrupt refereeing decision like this shows Scottish football up for the corrupt, pathetic excuse for a sport that it is. What chance do we have when we are up against the establishment of the old squirm who control the officials? I have loved HMFC since I was a young lad but I am disillusioned with football in this country. If it keeps going this way I may have to resort to going shopping with the wife on a Saturday afternoon!!

The penalty decision awarded against the St.Mirren ****bags at Celtic Park was outrageous. Once again a corrupt refereeing decision like this shows Scottish football up for the corrupt, pathetic excuse for a sport that it is. What chance do we have when we are up against the establishment of the old squirm who control the officials? I have loved HMFC since I was a young lad but I am disillusioned with football in this country. If it keeps going this way I may have to resort to going shopping with the wife on a Saturday afternoon!!

Schoolkids allowed to get married where you are?

I've got about 20 years of video & DVD that shows dodgy decisions relating to what they two get from refs and that's just me, a Jambo! Wonder how many other teams fans have a similar amount of evidence too?!

The penalty decision awarded against the St.Mirren ****bags at Celtic Park was outrageous.

It must be my cynical soul, but I presumed that the penalty was awarded because the ref was bought.......

....by St. Mirren.

It must be my cynical soul, but I presumed that the penalty was awarded because the ref was bought.......

....by St. Mirren.

If the tic found out that St midden had only given the ref half of what they were meant to and pocketed the rest. There would be hell to pay:)

Guest juvehearts

not defending the decision in anyway,

but from the refs 1st POV it looked like their was contact.

saying that he should have asked his assistants & the TV referee for their opnions & then made his decision rather than pointing to the spot.

what does that tell you from a ref's POV.

either theyre corrupt SFA creetins not worthy of a pay increese

or the SFA is rotton to the core!

both i say.

all we as football fans ask for is a fair game. is that too much to ask?

The People's Chimp
Schoolkids allowed to get married where you are?

That is a really dire post; especially when aimed at someone on their first post on JKB.

The OP has a good point; a shocking decision from eddie smith and, yet again one which hands victory to a struggling old firm side, on a plate. How many times have we seen this and yet the referee's response is to engage in petty name calling over the managers and clubs they see as critical.

Does levein have a point? yes

Does McPherson have a point? yes

Does Vlad have a (sometimes slightly off with his aim) point? Yes

All of the above and many more have a point. And nothing is done and football and our league continue to suffer.

And to compound it, Smith will not even, in the face of overwhelming evidence, admit to having made a mistake. What a gutless, sickening creep.

I first saw the title of the thread and thought "oh no, not ANOTHER corruption thread" - but the more i think about it, the more I hope these threads continue to come up and the points continue to be made and the dodgy decisions continue to be highlighted.....

Sooner or later, (hopefully sooner) someone WILL take this further...... the more we highlight these incidents, the sooner it will happen IMO.

That is a really dire post; especially when aimed at someone on their first post on JKB.

The OP has a good point; a shocking decision from eddie smith and, yet again one which hands victory to a struggling old firm side, on a plate. How many times have we seen this and yet the referee's response is to engage in petty name calling over the managers and clubs they see as critical.

Does levein have a point? yes

Does McPherson have a point? yes

Does Vlad have a (sometimes slightly off with his aim) point? Yes

All of the above and many more have a point. And nothing is done and football and our league continue to suffer.

And to compound it, Smith will not even, in the face of overwhelming evidence, admit to having made a mistake. What a gutless, sickening creep.

Well said

Threads like this are useful, imo.

Jambos Kickback is read every day by numerous journalists, so for them to read the fans' opinions about the state of refereeing might make a difference. Who knows? One of them might take up the cause.

I did say "might"!

I first saw the title of the thread and thought "oh no, not ANOTHER corruption thread" - but the more i think about it, the more I hope these threads continue to come up and the points continue to be made and the dodgy decisions continue to be highlighted.....

Sooner or later, (hopefully sooner) someone WILL take this further...... the more we highlight these incidents, the sooner it will happen IMO.

Hopefully you are correct, but listening to the Jim Traynor show on Radio Scotland on Monday night where he had 3 sports writers in the studio............one of the sports writers admitted they put a Rangers / Celtic slant on their stories as there is a readership battle out there and they can't afford to lose any reader and the majority are old-firm fans.

If I remember correctly Dougie McDonald failed to award a Hearts penalty at Parkhead when Balde chopped down Bednar and his excuse was that he was too far away to make the decision.

Can anyone tell me whether Smith was closer to the St Mirren penalty than Dougie McDonald??

john brownlee

The good thing about it if there's a good point is that more and more fans are beginning to wake up and not just see it as a Hearts /Vlad rant and that there's an issue here with the GFA and it wont go away, Maybe just maybe the revolution is on its way because there are even some jurnos that are taking up the cause

I live in hope

Brian Whittaker's Tache

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

Football's too big a game these days for this not to be introduced in the SPL.

If you don't want it then you can only blame yourself when this sort of 5hite happens

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

If you don't want it then you can only blame yourself when this sort of 5hite happens

How is that going to work with refs like Smith who still insist their right even with video evidence that proves their wrong. At the end of the day it is still up to the ref to make a decision on right or wrong video evidence or not.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
How is that going to work with refs like Smith who still insist their right even with video evidence that proves their wrong. At the end of the day it is still up to the ref to make a decision on right or wrong video evidence or not.

But there will be a record of their bias wrong doings at the very least.

Maybe a 4th official to review decisions? How do the egg chasers and the cricket teams make it work?

But there will be a record of their bias wrong doings at the very least.

Maybe a 4th official to review decisions? How do the egg chasers and the cricket teams make it work?

The Cricket certainly has a 4th official but he can only rule on certain decisions like run out's and whether or not it's a 4. Rugby fourth officals only rule on dubious try's etc. In both cases the majority of the decisions will still be left up to the offcial in charge on the park and i can't see that changing in football otherwise there'd be no point in having refs on the park during the game.

In the NFL it's the referee himself who actually views the video evidence and i was thinking more of that.

Hopefully you are correct, but listening to the Jim Traynor show on Radio Scotland on Monday night where he had 3 sports writers in the studio............one of the sports writers admitted they put a Rangers / Celtic slant on their stories as there is a readership battle out there and they can't afford to lose any reader and the majority are old-firm fans.

And the other two are liars.;)

Jambojohnnyboy

all we as football fans ask for is a fair game. is that too much to ask?

You would think that but the decision to go with the red card proves that there is no such thing as a level playing field with the GFA, dodgy as ****.

WTF are you on about Imeantasong?

My apologies Bantu01.

Saw the schoolkid bit and first post and thought "here we go again, someone on the wind up about non-renewers".

Should have thought to have a wee look under all our names first. All that time on here and I hadn't bothered to take note of the schoolkid, squad member, season ticket holder stuff.

Lesson learnt.

No offence intended.

Also, agree with the OP in full.

If I remember correctly Dougie McDonald failed to award a Hearts penalty at Parkhead when Balde chopped down Bednar and his excuse was that he was too far away to make the decision.

Can anyone tell me whether Smith was closer to the St Mirren penalty than Dougie McDonald??

We're back to consistency here aren't we

If the Ref just doesn't want to give it :wacko:.........then he simply slots in the excuse unsighted, or unable to say FOR SURE so cant give it :mad:

However, if he WANTS to give it ...........then distance / bodies in his line of sight / lack of linesman's corroboration, none of these present any hurdle to

the 100% degree of certainty in his decision :sad:

I think Levein-gate was the classic, where to my mind the Ref and the Linesman colluded to make 'an honest mistake'

The Ref waved play on at the penalty claim, saying he was caught out by the switch of play and could not tell for sure ( one glance at the better placed LM might have helped there eh ? )

Then, having seen the ball rebound off a Rangers player with his own eyes.............he decides to consult the LM ( who was not best placed to make the call ) and actually overrules HIMSELF :wacko:

That's not a mistake ................that was a game at Ibrox, at the sharp end of the league season, where he decided a **** poor Huns team was not going to be further ( yet justifiably ) afflicted by HIS application of the laws of the game :mad:

My grovelling apart, on reading this again, it takes me back.

I remember saying never again after the Kevin O'Donnell refereeing at Parkheid when he ran half the way up the field to signal a dive, not the absoulte cert penalty we should have got. It may have been the same game, or around the same time, McStay got a penalty for a non-foul probably outside the box. If my memory serves me correctly, a midweek jaunt was involved.

It wouldn't be the first time I've wondered if it's worth all the money, time and emotional investment just to be robbed blatantly and so often.

I know it's been going on for years, but can't help thinking the CL has made it even worse.

Two places and a helluva lot of money at stake.

The media will point to viewing / listening / reading numbers influencing their coverage and obsession with the OF, but it can never excuse the sheer bias and distorting of reports we have seen.

I'd say the last three years have been the worst, certainly for us. Despite Vlad rubbing them up the wrong way (for them, and some of us), who can excuse the Beeb's early coverage of him?

You would have thought that more TV coverage with camera angles, every game covered etc would have improved things. But the media can, and do, put any spin they want on things. Witness diving Hearts players v the cleverly drawing fouls of OF players (or even Lee Miller).

Even the non-Scottish media like Sky just get the Mafia in, and seem to follow the party line.

Too many teams letting them off with things for years to safeguard their own existence. I just get the hope things may change. Levein took a stand. The OF have endeared themselves to no-one with their ticket surcharge etc.

The worst bit is that Smith has been on the blower to St Midden saying that they can't appeal as his decision was right!

The worst bit is that Smith has been on the blower to St Midden saying that they can't appeal as his decision was right!

Presumably Gord-hun on the blower speaking about Eddhie's decision?

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

VIDEO PLAYBACK

A significant number of football fans of every club outside the OF believe that referees are biased in favour of the OF. We all see the TV evidence of those decisions for ourselves and the SFA and referees say nothing is wrong.

I am intrigued to know how having another SFA appointed referee sitting in the stand watching those same replays is going to make the slightest difference. It is bad enough having Dougie McDonald refereeing us without having his decisions reviewed instantly by Ian Brines.

That is why I am not too fussed about video refereeing. Most of the rules of the game are couched in terms that make it clear that it is the referee's opinion that counts. My problem is that there is not a robust and independent system in place to review those decisions in the cold light of day and after proper reflection. St Mirren have not only lost a match they should probably have drawn, but to compound matters, one of their first choice players is banned this weekend and is much more likely to end up with a further ban later in the season. This could make the difference between St Mirren staying up or being relegated.

The only way that the problems of refereeing in Scotland can be addressed is either by the introduction of an independent review board comprising referees from outside Scotland or to have non Scottish referees in the first place.

Some people might say that this would be too expensive, but when Bobo Balde is being paid ?30,000 a week to sit on his backside in the stands, I don't think that argument stacks up.

Harry Palmer

Prove it!

If other sports can introduce video replays/extra refs, then why not football; I don't buy the whole crap about football is too quick a game or it would take too long etc. I would be prepared to see the decision on a screen and accept that the management team had seen and agreed with the decision.

Of course, there would be a lot less for supporters to discuss if there was not crap decisions from the referee.

Archived