RYDER CUP - WILDCARDS?

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Cant wait for what is undoubtely one of the worlds greatest sporting events, with the the european almost complete Who would you pick as your two wildcards??

I`d go for Montgomerie mainly due to his influence and experience and also Ian Poulter as he has a great confidence/arrogance about him.

I feel a bit sorry for Faldo with regards to Monty because if he doesnt pick him and loses it will no doubt be cast up!!!

alwaysthereinspirit
Cant wait for what is undoubtely one of the worlds greatest sporting events, with the the european almost complete Who would you pick as your two wildcards??

I`d go for Montgomerie mainly due to his influence and experience and also Ian Poulter as he has a great confidence/arrogance about him.

I feel a bit sorry for Faldo with regards to Monty because if he doesnt pick him and loses it will no doubt be cast up!!!

I'd agree with those choices.

Faldo is in a tough position though. If Monty plays and sucks.......... If Monty isn't chosen and we loose........

There are three tournaments left so things could still change.

Living over here I love the Ryder Cup and giving it big time to my golf partners.

Carl Spackler

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't pick Monty.

His track record in the Ryder Cup is excellent but he's playing complete pap just now.

I think Monty will be honest though, if he thinks he can perform then I would let him.

Walter Bishop
Choosing Monty would be a mistake at the moment in my opinion. Not playing well unfortunately.

On Ryder cup record alone he has got to picked. Harrington, Garcia and Westwood have all publicly stated they want him there aswell. Faldo is in a no win situation!!

On Ryder cup record alone he has got to picked. Harrington, Garcia and Westwood have all publicly stated they want him there aswell. Faldo is in a no win situation!!

It's a tough one for Faldo to call. I'd like to think faldo will put 'personalities' to one side (considering Faldo has just found one in his funny man routine on American tv) along with the possibility that Monty could overtake Faldo's overall Ryder Cup points record and make the two most appropriate picks.

I think Garcia is now in the team, so that helps him a bit, while Donald is unlikely to play.

If Poulter misses out automatically I would take him, while Ross Fisher (apart from that nightmare 84 at Wentworth) has looked pretty good all season.

No worries about Kaymer if he makes it, as I think he could rise to the occasion.

Bert Le Clos
Choosing Monty would be a mistake at the moment in my opinion. Not playing well unfortunately.

Monty wasn't playing well before the last Ryder Cup either and won it for Europe. He always ups it for the Ryder Cup.

Captain Canada

Time for Monty to be left out I think. His recent form has been woeful and I think he's living on past glories. I would definitely pick Poulter as he has a real competitive streak and I would go for Paul Casey over Monty.

Carl Spackler
Time for Monty to be left out I think. His recent form has been woeful and I think he's living on past glories. I would definitely pick Poulter as he has a real competitive streak and I would go for Paul Casey over Monty.

I hope faldo resurrects his fruity Pringle range from the 90s as the team's official uniform and makes Poulter wear it.

The Mighty Thor

Faldo's a tosser. A huge error to put that arrogant **** in as team captain. There's little chance of Faldo picking Monty (forget about Monty's current form, it's poor), he doesn't like him.

Faldo's a tosser. A huge error to put that arrogant **** in as team captain. There's little chance of Faldo picking Monty (forget about Monty's current form, it's poor), he doesn't like him.

No wonder, Monty is an absolute knob.

Faldo is a winner. I would take him before any other especially as Azinger is in for the Yanks.

Cant wait for what is undoubtedly one of the worlds greatest sporting events, with the the European almost complete Who would you pick as your two wildcards??

I feel a bit sorry for Faldo with regards to Monty because if he doesn't pick him and loses it will no doubt be cast up!!!

Yes id go with Monty, he seems too relish the matchplay situation, and his experience is invaluable.

Walter Bishop

After reading this morning im thinking Monty knows either way if he has been picked or not as he has not entered the next 2 competitions, im thinking he is not in, if thats the case Faldo is on a hiding to nothing. Surely if no Monty it will have to be Casey and Poulter.

Wathc this space for Nick Dougherty though, Faldo's love child!!!

Poulter is a must.

Monty, as someone else has already said, will be honest if he thinks he can do a job or not. But with 3 of Europe's biggest players endorsing his selection, Faldo will be under pressure.

Personally i'd take him, some of the younger guys would possibly crack under the pressure on the last day, Monty wouldn't, he's seen it all before and somehow manages to up his game regardless of how good his season has been.

I would suggest picking Montgomerie. His form in Ryder Cup demands it IMO. For those talking about his general form, wasn't he doing badly around about the last Ryder Cup?

Faldo's decision was made easier by the withdrawl of Donald.

Archived