Summer days drifting away

david mcgee

Is this Summer?

Absolutely pants, wishing down again!

Two bleedin years of guffy weather, how depressing is it?

Winters just around the corner and my speedos are still in the drawer.

I think i will lie in the mud in the back garden with my shades on and use my imagination.

Is this Summer?

I think i will lie in the mud in the back garden with my shades on and use my imagination.

Can only sympathise, we suffered two days rain last weekend, and I am forced to go and play golf today in a cool 28C. I hate having to wear pullovers at this time of the year. Summer has been really poor, only got up to 38C a couple of times had to settle for mid to high thirties most of the time. Knew I should never have moved here for the weather.:hobofish::P

maroonlegions
Can only sympathise, we suffered two days rain last weekend, and I am forced to go and play golf today in a cool 28C. I hate having to wear pullovers at this time of the year. Summer has been really poor, only got up to 38C a couple of times had to settle for mid to high thirties most of the time. Knew I should never have moved here for the weather.:hobofish::P

nothing like rubbing it in, in a sort of smug smarty pants way eh.:rolleyes:

nothing like rubbing it in, in a sort of smug smarty pants way eh.:rolleyes:

After what Edinburgh weather done to me on my short sojourn a year ago June, I felt I owed Edinburgh something. It was the first time I had ever seen the South Bridge flowing water like a river.

alwaysthereinspirit
Is this Summer?

It's not just Scotland. I'm in Boston and it feels like it's rained every day for a month. Really crappy weather.

ArmiyaRomanova

Get used to it, I think.

If we accept that melting Arctic ice is resulting in colder water spreading south, the warming effects of the Gulf Stream on the west coast of Scotland will diminish, leaving us more open to the ravages of Atlantic Ocean weather.

Wet and windy 'summers' from now on then.

Sods law that global warming would result in Scotland getting colder.

Mate just arrived from Kalgoorlie, West Australia and he said it was raining when the left the other day. Mind you he did say it is there winter!

tommythejambo

Went to Kavos for 2 weeks this summer and was glad to see the rain when I got back. Waking up to tempratures in the mid-thirties every day, drowning in your own sweat can get annoying.

Thank god for our p***y climate!

Went to Kavos for 2 weeks this summer and was glad to see the rain when I got back. Waking up to tempratures in the mid-thirties every day, drowning in your own sweat can get annoying.

Thank god for our p***y climate!

Air conditioning - an essential in the Eastern Med. :whistling:

J.T.F.Robertson

I go down the local track most weekends for the simulcast horse racing. Now, it's from all over N.A., New York State, Florida, Woodbine in Tarrana etc., and it seems like it's bucketin' doon almost everywhere these days.

Then again, maybe it's only raining in my heart. :sad:

I go down the local track most weekends for the simulcast horse racing. Now, it's from all over N.A., New York State, Florida, Woodbine in Tarrana etc., and it seems like it's bucketin' doon almost everywhere these days.

Then again, maybe it's only raining in my heart. :sad:

Ach Jim you are just the proof, you can take the man oot o' Edinburgh, but you cannae take Edinburgh oot o' the man.:)

Carl Spackler

My prediction is that next month will be alot better. I'm sure it's been like this the past few years with the better weather being either side of "summer". I don't remember unrelenting rain like this before though.

Is there any chance the Gregorian Calendar is simply wrong?

Just checked the long range forecast.

Thursday... heavy showers.

Friday....... possible thunder and lightening.

Saturday.... hoseing it down.

Sunday...... bright intervals with torrential showers.

Monday...... persistent rain.

Tuesday.....pashing it intermittently.

Wednesday...raining mogs and dugs.

Thursday......horizontal rain

Friday.......... who gives a feck, we will be under ten foot of water by then!

Is it just me that thinks it actually hasnae been that bad. Granted last week and this week has been ****e but that's about it.

...I blame the union for the rain ;)

I can only handle a couple of weeks of hot weather anyway

Nothing can beat going out running in some of the lashing rain we've had recently.

Archived