Is Csaba building a squad to win the title?

IMA MAROON

Or is it just to get us into Europe?

A fit Nade and Bruno back in the squad.

Obua and Tullberg.

Surely 3rd place is an absolute nap. :)

I think you are getting a bit carried away.

Last years problem positions at centre half and right back are still there.

Third place is possible but by no means certain.

Obua and Tullberg.

One win v Motherwell...:rolleyes:

The Future's Maroon

Steady on, we've played one game?

Also, we don't even know if these signings are any good yet?

Take a chill pill, its going to be a long season....and we of all football fans should know - it can change very quickly from looking good to absolute chaos?!!

Obua and Tullberg.

I would seriously settle for top six with no obvious stupidity on the way.

We've not seen Obua or Tullberg yet but I reckon if they are of the right quality then the first eleven is only two players away from being the same standard we had when Burley first took over but with a squad that has far more strength in depth.

Think that's a little unrealisitc - World Domination at the least!!! lol

Csaba "Stewie Griffen" Laszlo

main.png

We've not seen Obua or Tullberg yet but I reckon if they are of the right quality then the first eleven is only two players away from being the same standard we had when Burley first took over but with a squad that has far more strength in depth.

Gordon-Banks

Neilson-Neilson

Pressley-Zaliukas

Webster-Berra

Fyssas-Obua ?

Miko-Kingston

Brellier-Jonsson

Hartley-Stewart

Skacel-Driver

Bednar-Mole

Jankauskas-Tullburg ?

:Agree:

:rofl:

ToadKiller Dog
Think that's a little unrealisitc - World Domination at the least!!! lol

Nah thats next seasons plan he just want the league won by christmas this year.

back in the real world Csaba has constantly said he has no expectations for winning the league just an improvement on last year and a uefa cup place would be nice.

Nope. I think he's going straight for the Champions league.

We have the Champions League in the bag this year. Next season the World Cup will be ours. After this I expect us to branch out in to other sports seeing as football will be unable to contain us. Ksanavicius will win the Grand National, Nad? will be heavyweight boxing champion, and Miko will win the olympic gold for diving.

:cool:

Gordon-Banks

Neilson-Neilson

Pressley-Zaliukas

Webster-Berra

Fyssas-Obua ?

Miko-Kingston

Brellier-Jonsson

Hartley-Stewart

Skacel-Driver

Bednar-Mole

Jankauskas-Tullburg ?

**** me........what a difference in teams!!

Cut The Crap

Ask me again when we've won eight games in a row.

Guest JamboRobbo
We have the Champions League in the bag this year. Next season the World Cup will be ours. After this I expect us to branch out in to other sports seeing as football will be unable to contain us. Ksanavicius will win the Grand National, Nad? will be heavyweight boxing champion, and Miko will win the olympic gold for diving.

:cool:

That does explain the signings of Barrasa (WWF) and Makela (100 metres sprint). World domination is the way to go. I wonder how far Robbie can throw a shot put. :P

But don't we have the same right back as when we finished 2nd? :confused:

;)

ToadKiller Dog

They way Csaba is building the squad i expect hearts having a shot at the moon soon ,Could we be the first team on the moon?.

Gordon-Banks

Neilson-Neilson

Pressley-Zaliukas

Webster-Berra

Fyssas-Obua ?

Miko-Kingston

Brellier-Jonsson

Hartley-Stewart

Skacel-Driver

Bednar-Mole

Jankauskas-Tullburg ?

That's pretty powerful Coco - point well made.

Guest JamboRobbo
They way Csaba is building the squad i expect hearts having a shot at the moon soon ,Could we be the first team on the moon?.

Why stop there? We should aim to be the first humans on mars.

Ray Winstone
But don't we have the same right back as when we finished 2nd? :confused:

;)

I blame Neilson for the fact that we didnt finish 1st.

Commander Harris
Why stop there? We should aim to be the first humans on mars.

mars is overrated, we should be aiming for one of Saturn's satellites, I hear Titan is nice this time of year.

in all seriousness, 3rd is now a realistic, albeit difficult, target IMO. IF Vlad let's him get on with it. Although as has been said above, any continued improvement will be welcomed from me. :)

Maroon Mayhem

The real difference isn't the players on the park it's the way they've been sent out.

Apparently last year when frail spoke on the training ground half a dozen players would be away kicking a ball around. This year when Csaba speaks people are listening - intently!

The same bunch of players could conceivably climb the league a good few places and some quality signings could get us third. I think that should be our aim as ALL the teams who we thought would be up with us lost at the weekend so they're not as good as some may think.

Pants Shaton

One home win and we may be assembling a championship winning side!

This is still, on paper, a relatively poor Hearts team. Unless some of the 85/86 magic is in the air, I expect this thread will be appearing on totalfootball.net in a few weeks accompanied by a few :rofl:

That does explain the signings of Barrasa (WWF) and Makela (100 metres sprint). World domination is the way to go. I wonder how far Robbie can throw a shot put. :P

:eek: don't you mean Goncalves? :eek:

Guest JamboRobbo
:eek: don't you mean Goncalves? :eek:

Are you allowed to compete in two events though? I thought we had Goncalves down for the sheep herding......

Are you allowed to compete in two events though? I thought we had Goncalves down for the sheep herding......

or maybe is the bosnian bullet who is in the 100m dash;)

We are very lucky the shambles of last year APPEARS to have been sorted out.

With the way Hamilton appear set up there is no "Gretna" safety net.

I am just thankful that our luck was in to that extent.

My hopes for the season are simply that Csaba is allowed to flourish in order that we can assess his merits as a manager, or otherwise, at the end of a season where we are reasonably clear his role has not been interfered with

On top of this, I hope that the team is continually picked on merit and the team show spirit and motivation, playing to the best of their ability.

With the way that the less fancied teams have started after one game (St Mirrens footballing performance, Hamilton's footballing performance, ICT winning at the sheep etc) it will be an achievement with our squad, and Romanov's apparent lack of real desire, simply finishing above where we finished last season.

I'll be content with that.

A season of stability and consolidation, not being relegated, with the aim of taking this forward next season to more of a challenge

I'm not gonna write anything off - as I think that this could be just about as open a season as we've seen for a looooong long time.

But as far as predictions go.............. waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early just now!!

He's just improving us first.

That being said, Rangers and Celtic are that bad it wouldn't take much to topple them.

I blame Neilson for the fact that we didnt finish 1st.

I think some miserable fecks on here would blame Neilson for global warming, conflict in the middle east and rising fuel prices if they could put the right slant on it :rolleyes:

Malcolm Tucker
Gordon-Banks

Neilson-Neilson

Pressley-Zaliukas

Webster-Berra

Fyssas-Obua ?

Miko-Kingston

Brellier-Jonsson

Hartley-Stewart

Skacel-Driver

Bednar-Mole

Jankauskas-Tullburg ?

Jonsson's better than Brellier.

Peter Olivers Army

Silly boy.

You don't 'throw' it you 'put' it.

And anyway, he would be better at the high jump because he's been in for it ever since he first appeared!

He's just improving us first.

That being said, Rangers and Celtic are that bad it wouldn't take much to topple them.

Thats been the case since Vlad arrived.

We could have won the league at somepoint had he really wanted to

[B]Gordon-Banks[/b]

Neilson-Neilson

Pressley-Zaliukas

Webster-Berra

Fyssas-Obua ?

Miko-Kingston

Brellier-Jonsson

Hartley-Stewart

Skacel-Driver

Bednar-Mole

Jankauskas-Tullburg ?

Oh well at lest we have a top class Goalie................:wacko:

The People's Chimp

I think that is we can tighten up the centre with a new CB then the 'problem' at right back isn't going to be as big as some make out.

portobellojambo1
Gordon-Banks

Neilson-Thomson

Pressley-Zaliukas

Webster-Berra

Fyssas-Obua ?

Miko-Kingston

Brellier-Jonsson

Hartley-Stewart

Skacel-Driver

Bednar-Mole

Jankauskas-Tullburg ?

Obua and Tullberg.

I think maybe you are getting just a touch carried away. I think the post from Coco rightly shows the difference between what we had and what we have.

We have played one game and won it. We have another 37 games to go, anything could happen between game 2 and game 38 to change everything. Try slowing down and taking it game by game.

I'll be happy if Csaba is still in post without any illnesses or sackings then returns between now and this time next year.......... ;)

pennantjambo

Man U and Maybe Chelski can aspire rightly to winning the EPL regularly the same as the OF can aspire to win the SPL regularly, however, Arsenal and the Pool are realistically looking no further than securing CL places without too much trouble and the possiblity of winning both cup competitions.

With the building blocks starting to come together now with Csaba in charge hopefully being left to get on with it including what appears to be his choice of backroom staff and recent signings, player selection, training methods, and tactics etc, Our aspirations at least should be nothing less than third place, why not FFS?.

I think Shabba says a top six would be good progress is just his way of not letting himself, the players, and the fans getting too carried away at this early stage, but from whats been written of him and what we've seen of him and the team so far looks like he has a real hunger and desire that he's trying desperately hard to keep under control but instill in his team.

Dont know about the Tic but everyone else on paper looks capable of taking points off each other, Tynie needs to become an intimidating fortress again if so then we could be the surprise package Shabs was hinting at? IMO

Gordon-Banks

Neilson-Neilson

Pressley-Zaliukas

Webster-Berra

Fyssas-Obua ?

Miko-Kingston

Brellier-Jonsson

Hartley-Stewart

Skacel-Driver

Bednar-Mole

Jankauskas-Tullburg ?

That is an interesting comparison, I have not seen it lain out as such. It just shows how far we have slumped in two short years.

As for the OP, I actually think that half a dozen signings could see us split the top two. Assuming that Obua is a left back and that the new 'keeper signs, I would say we need a right back, a commanding centre half, a goal getting midfielder and a poacher of a striker. The problem with that is I don't see us signing much more now.

Much like others have said, IF Laszlo is given time (ie two or three years) then I suspect that we will gradually add these players.

Much like others have said, IF Laszlo is given time (ie two or three years) then I suspect that we will gradually add these players.

That's a big IF

Guest JamboRobbo
Man U and Maybe Chelski can aspire rightly to winning the EPL regularly the same as the OF can aspire to win the SPL regularly, however, Arsenal and the Pool are realistically looking no further than securing CL places without too much trouble and the possiblity of winning both cup competitions.

Fair enough on Liverpool. but Arsenal have won the league a few times in recent memory haven't they?

Jonsson's better than Brellier.

Jonsson isn't even better than Ruben or Mikey, never mind Brellier.

I think he's well over rated.

mars is overrated, we should be aiming for one of Saturn's satellites, I hear Titan is nice this time of year.

Rubbish

Any talk of Extra terrestrial adventure is merely diverting effort from the real task in hand which is to develop a time travel device that allows us to transport Nerius Barasa back into the mid 20th Century in order to give Albert Kidd's father an extremely hard kick in the balls.

Victor Meldrew

It's far too early to make predictions about what the current squad will or will not achieve. My thoughts are as follows:

(1) The 1st eleven / squad are not as strong as under Burley.

(2) However, with the exception of Celtic, it's doubtful that any other SPL team has as strong a squad as it did then: Rangers are weaker, as are Hibs and Aberdeen.

(3) Our squad compares relatively favourably with most other SPL teams.

(4) Our team last year was far less than the sum of its parts: the reason was the lack of management.

(5) Even without any new players, Saturday seems to have been an improvement [**** you McGhee!] which I think must be down to Csaba.

(6) Csaba is talking about improving the correct parts of the team, if he has an eye for a decent player, we should be able to compete with most SPL sides over the season.

(7) Next Saturday will provide a BIG indication as to how the season will go. Rangers are there for the taking. I'm even thinking of sticking on a cheeky ?5 on an away win.

jambo walesy
Jonsson isn't even better than Ruben or Mikey, never mind Brellier.

I think he's well over rated.

All three of their players are better than brellier on their day imo.

Driver has the potential to be a better player than skacel.

Never convinced Bednar was a great footballer and i think a fit Nade could be very good.

Every other area is probably weaker now though.

Seymour M Hersh

If, this season, the gaffer lays foundations for improving the quality of the squad which with the first 2 signings (his signings clearly) he appears to attempting (obviously having not seen them play we can't tell for sure). If he continues to work with the ones we have and they in turn continue to show improvement (only 4 weeks with them remember) and if we start to shed the ones who are clearly not going to improve or make the grade then I for one will be satisfied. As for league position I think we can definitely push for 3/4th place.

Archived