EPL Footballer blackmailed over sex

ecosse

dunno if posted before.but man city arnt getting good headlines lately are they

Footballer blackmailed over sex

Ashley Timms

Ashley Timms previously denied blackmailing the player

A former Manchester City youth team goalkeeper has admitted blackmailing a top Premier League footballer over sexual images.

Goalkeeper Ashley Timms, 22, of Middleton, Greater Manchester, admitted a charge of making unwarranted demands with menaces.

He admitted blackmailing the player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, between March 1 and April 3 this year.

Judge Andrew Gilbart QC warned Timms that a prison sentence was inevitable.

He had previously pleaded not guilty to demanding ?15,000 from the player.

'Series of threats'

Judge Gilbart said: "This case carries inevitably a prison sentence, no doubt about it.

"I am going to grant him bail but it must be on the clear understanding what the sentence will be."

Manchester Crown Court heard how the blackmail victim, known only as Witness A, received a number of threats over the sexual images.

David Friesner, prosecuting, said: "There was a long protracted series of text messages that culminated in the offence.

"It is a series of messages followed by a series of threats."

The Manchester-born goalkeeper, who is currently without a club was bailed until 5 September for sentencing.

He played with Manchester City's under-19 side and had spells at Shrewsbury Town and Accrington Stanley as well as a number of non-league clubs.

He has also had trials at Norwich City, Bolton Wanderers, Fulham, Oldham and Macclesfield.

He joined Cambridge City in January on non-contract terms but has since left.

Seymour M Hersh
That's what I thought the thread would be about.

I'm putting my money on Rio Ferdinand.

Or O'Shea if previous rumours are accurate.

Prob be like the last sex scandel the player made such a fuss about keeping his name out the paper..... When it did get published most hadnt heard of him... Cant remember his name now, think he played for man City....

Who cares.......

Archived