the cloud seems to be clearing so you should

be able to see something by now :confused:

suicidalpostie
From Sighthill, which way is North East? :D

that all depends where you are in sighthill

but i would say look towards the town then

turn slightly to your left thats north eastish

is it north east where its meant to be happening?:help:

Saw a few (but only a few) bright ones just at the back of midnight then it clouded over :mad: which meant I could go to bed :)

deesidejambo

Up in sheepland it was a clear night so I sat in the garden with my son and got peshed on home-brew watching them. Eventually he got stroppy and started shouting just to wake up the neighbours kids. Saw some great meteors though.

Same again tonight. After Big Brother, go outside and find the constellation Cassiopea (shaped like a W in the sky) then sit with your back to it. You will see meteors coming from over your head. If you sit facing Cassiopea you will still see them but its better watching them fly away from you. Take some beer and crisps, but dont get blootered on home brew like I did.

Saw a few (but only a few) bright ones just at the back of midnight then it clouded over :mad: which meant I could go to bed :)

Were they sort of blueish streaks, mate? I'm sure I saw one or two around the back of 1 but I could've been trying too hard to see them, if you get what I mean.

deesidejambo
Were they sort of blueish streaks, mate? I'm sure I saw one or two around the back of 1 but I could've been trying too hard to see them, if you get what I mean.

Its easy to imagine them while you are staring up at the sky for a while, but when you see a real one you will know. Some of them were really bright, like fireworks, and some are dimmer, but you will know once you've seen a real one. Its easier if you lie on the ground and look up rather than standing up and craning your neck. You will see a lot more of the sky that way.

Its easy to imagine them while you are staring up at the sky for a while, but when you see a real one you will know. Some of them were really bright, like fireworks, and some are dimmer, but you will know once you've seen a real one. Its easier if you lie on the ground and look up rather than standing up and craning your neck. You will see a lot more of the sky that way.

Aye, I was probably seeing things, right enough. It was pretty cloudy in my neck of the woods too, so I suppose the chances of me seeing anything were pretty slim. Bit of a shame.

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to things like this; wish I saw them.

deesidejambo
Aye, I was probably seeing things, right enough. It was pretty cloudy in my neck of the woods too, so I suppose the chances of me seeing anything were pretty slim. Bit of a shame.

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to things like this; wish I saw them.

They are on again tonight and for the next few nights. Its only tonight that they are at their maximum (I think its about 50-100 per hour at 2am). If its cloudy tonight just wait till tomorrow. Its like buses - you will see nothing for 10 minutes then about 3-5 in quick succession, then nothing again for a while. Thats why I took the beer and crisps out - to pass the time when nothing was happening. Got peshed though and we had a laugh doing quotes from Anchorman while we waited.

They are on again tonight and for the next few nights. Its only tonight that they are at their maximum (I think its about 50-100 per hour at 2am). If its cloudy tonight just wait till tomorrow. Its like buses - you will see nothing for 10 minutes then about 3-5 in quick succession, then nothing again for a while. Thats why I took the beer and crisps out - to pass the time when nothing was happening. Got peshed though and we had a laugh doing quotes from Anchorman while we waited.

You've pretty much described a normal night out for me and my pals :D

Cheers, mate. I'll have a gander tonight too.

The Old Tolbooth

That ganja's good gear Neave ;)

suicidalpostie

seen a few last night,but the cloud kinda put paid to my

viewing back to work tonite on the nightshift so i'll have

a gander again tonite.

:hae36::hae36::hae36::hae36:

deesidejambo
My misses called me over to see some slow moving ones....na love, thats 'The Plough':p

Mine came out too. She asked where Halleys Comet was then thankfully *****ed off back inside to do the dishes or talk s**t to herself. She needs a real kicking that slag.

suicidalpostie
My misses called me over to see some slow moving ones....na love, thats 'The Plough':p

you sure it wisnae a plane :Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Archived