Getting past the striker

Coco

Credit to Michael Stewart for busting a gut to get past the striker to score a very good goal on Saturday. I think it helped that he didn't have time to think about his shot though - as normally he would have put it over the bar.:)

Such an important part of the game 1) having a striker who can hold the ball up and 2) a midfielder who can go past the striker as Mickey Cameron used to for us. Mole showed good signs of being a good option on holding the ball up - he looked physically very strong and Stewart did very well to burst past the striker.

Now for goals from cut backs from the bye line ...

Stewart's goal was definitely ColinCameronesque.

Stewart's first touch to control Driver's pass was outstanding. Great goal.

Credit to Michael Stewart for busting a gut to get past the striker to score a very good goal on Saturday. I think it helped that he didn't have time to think about his shot though - as normally he would have put it over the bar.:)

Such an important part of the game 1) having a striker who can hold the ball up and 2) a midfielder who can go past the striker as Mickey Cameron used to for us. Mole showed good signs of being a good option on holding the ball up - he looked physically very strong and Stewart did very well to burst past the striker.

This from our resident football expert :rolleyes:

How patronising.

This from our resident football expert :rolleyes:

How patronising.

Hmmm . . Coco may be stating the bleeding obvious but that doesn't make his points wrong. Csaba really must get Driver doing nothing but crossing practice and train the strikers to anticipate the crosses.

Hmmm . . Coco may be stating the bleeding obvious but that doesn't make his points wrong. Csaba really must get Driver doing nothing but crossing practice and train the strikers to anticipate the crosses.

Good idea Davie.

Lost count the number of times that Driver took too long to shoot or cross and ended up doing neither.

Commander Harris

driver didn't have his best game but still managed to get to the bye line and cut it back on a number of occassions, on another day 1 or more of these could have been put away. encouraging stuff and good to see :)

driver didn't have his best game but still managed to get to the bye line and cut it back on a number of occassions, on another day 1 or more of these could have been put away. encouraging stuff and good to see :)

Driver did well in beating the full back (though Quinn looked an extremely poor player to me), but most of his crosses were floated into the back post. I like wingers in that situation to put the ball in low between the goalie and the defenders.

Driver looked sharp and quick to me though. Hopefully he will have a really good season.

Charlie-Brown

Driver had a good game on saturday but twice he should have played the ball to Mole instead of trying to cross / shoot / beat the defender himself.

scots civil war

driver sometimes has the rich mans ivan sproule about him

got potential but has to deliver and should be put on the first touch system

two touches and csaba pummels ya

Jambof3tornado

Stewart bust a gut several times to break into the box,great to see a midfielder run like he was being chased by a herd of elephants!!!(not that the motherwell defence were anything like elephants):)

Archived