Lets not get carried away

LarrysRightFoot

LarrysRightFoot

Whilst yesterdays result was great and we played some nice stuff and showed traits which have long been missing such as grit and determination (which were maybe the most pleasing thing) it is obvious we are still 3/4 players short of being a really good side.

Before the window closes we need to sign a minimum of 2 players IMO one of which HAS TO BE A STRIKER!

In all honesty though we need at least a keeper, right back, a midfielder and a striker.

But still I dont want to take anything away from the team and Csaba who has really restored belief in the team. I think under him our future is in safe hands.

Do you think starting a thread advising folk on what they allready know is not a bit patronising and a little bit self indulgent????

LarrysRightFoot
Do you think starting a thread advising folk on what they allready know is not a bit patronising and a little bit self indulgent????

My apologies for sharing my thoughts on a forum.

Whilst yesterdays result was great and we played some nice stuff and showed traits which have long been missing such as grit and determination (which were maybe the most pleasing thing) it is obvious we are still 3/4 players short of being a really good side.

Before the window closes we need to sign a minimum of 2 players IMO one of which HAS TO BE A STRIKER!

In all honesty though we need at least a keeper, right back, a midfielder and a striker.

But still I dont want to take anything away from the team and Csaba who has really restored belief in the team. I think under him our future is in safe hands.

Make hay while the sun shines:cool:

Francis Albert

After all the gloom and doom stuff I am quite prepared to get carried away for a week at least.

Seriously, I am happy to be restrained, as long as the first setback or two (which will come) doesn't descend into another bout of anguished conspiracy- theory making.

Completely agree.

Yesterday showed that Csaba has taken us in the correct direction, we still have some way to go yet.

a midfielder weve got about 50 0f them...

we have not had alot to shout about in the last year

i dont think anyone is getting carried away just feeling like a big bit of stress has been taken out our life......

amazing what a manager can do.........

Thunderstruck

I doubt that too many are getting carried away and see SPL title in the offing.

Yesterday was very encouraging and we can all take heart from the passion and commitment shown by a makeshift Hearts side. Yes, there is work to be done but I think we have the right man to make a difference in Csaba.

Let's just enjoy the result.

Spot on.

ToadKiller Dog

jebus sake ,can we not even have a couple of days to enjoy a good performance and a result ,there are plenty of days left to discus what is needed before playing the uglies .

Not one person i have spoken to or post i have read is carried away it was clear from the game that some of the fralities from last season are still there.

Jason Thomson's coming along alright. Could do with a couple of strikers but I left the match feeling good for the first time in a while - there'll be plenty of opportunities to be miserable so lets party.

LarrysRightFoot

I think some people seem to have taken my OP the wrong way. I wasnt being overly negative was i?

Anyway if we beat Rangers on Saturday i dont think i will heed my own advice because if that happens i will be getting carried away...

Jambof3tornado

no ones getting carried away,we are just enjoying seeing a decent group of players wearing maroon for the 1st time in ages.

Gimme an H...
Jason Thomson's coming along alright. Could do with a couple of strikers but I left the match feeling good for the first time in a while - there'll be plenty of opportunities to be miserable so lets party.

Laugh Out Loud.

Pants Shaton
no ones getting carried away,we are just enjoying seeing a decent group of players wearing maroon for the 1st time in ages.

Speak for yourself.

article-0-01EB1E110000044D-124_468x518.jpg+burgercf3.jpg+12850_news.jpg=PremierLeagueTrophy.gif+happydays_logo.jpg

Robbie is still the best right back on our books. I think we need need a goal scorer first of all.

How much do you reckon it would cost me to get "Treble winning Champions 2008-09" printed on the back of my Hearts top? :confused:;)

Commander Harris
Speak for yourself.

burgercf3.jpg

I was bored so decided to touch up that burger/fonz pic a wee bit.

burger.jpg

still not great but a wee improvement:)

hearts_crazy

What I saw was the same group of players as we had last season playing with belief, incredible will to win and dare I say it, flair.

Last season when the opposition equalised the heads would have gone down. On Saturday the sleeves got rolled up. Vast difference to the attitude of the players, the will to win was evident throughout the game. One of the main things that was missing last season. Fear of failure replaced by determination to win at all costs. That is the Csaba effect.

Another thing I spotted was the difference in the body language of Csaba Laslo compared to that of Stevie Frail. Don't know about you guys but I prefer to see a Manager jumping about waving his arms about instead of standing stock still, arms folded while the team wanders about the pitch aimlessly.

It's what I have said all along, with the right sort of Manager in place a lot of the players that have been considered on here to be not fit to wear the jersey etc would come good. The proof of this is of course that 3 of the players who have been slagged off the most on Kickback scored on Saturday.

We do still need a Striker or two mind, not convinced a Goalkeeper is top priority at the moment TBH.

Archived