george burley checks on michael stewart

freddiemac

george burley was at tynecastle yesterday searching for a replacement for barry ferguson , expect michael stewart to be playing in the friendly against northern ireland.

george burley was at tynecastle yesterday searching for a replacement for barry ferguson , expect michael stewart to be playing in the friendly against northern ireland.

He will be a huge success as long as the friendly is before January.:)

If Mikey plays as well as he did yesterday he is good enough for Scotland, regardless of whether the crab is playing or not imo.

and if he cannae play well against Northern Ireland he should give up. But i feel it's much more likely that we will see Berra, Wallace & Clarkson in the Scotland team than Mikey Stewart.

.....Walter Smith is desperate for a stop gap centre midfielder that can perform in the SPL now that he cant get Steve Davis and Barry F is out.... :eek:

He was looking at Clarkson, mind you if MS can keep that standard up then you never know... was the best I've seen him, couldnae stand him last season! mibbaes Csabas the man te sort him oot!!! fingers crossed!

Looking forward te him doin some damage v the huns next week...

As well as he played yesterday i don't think he has the mentality for that level of football. IMO he wouldn't last 2 minutes with a foreign ref in charge.

As well as he played yesterday i don't think he has the mentality for that level of football. IMO he wouldn't last 2 minutes with a foreign ref in charge.

so thugs like scott brown ,kevin thomson and lee mculloch would be o.k for international football but michael stewart who already has caps wouldn't ?

where did you work that one out?

Burley might not have been there specifically to look at Stewart but you can be sure that performance will have left him with food for thought. I'd love to see him being given the chance...might be the making of him...that, and Csaba of course... ;)

Archived