Car Help ..... again

Takis

Just had my car at the garage and the guy was saying that my

injector circuit was my problem and the best place to take it

would be the car tuning clinic at abbeyhill , but it's closed on sundays :sad: , and i just wanted to know if anybody knew

How much it would cost to get fixed ?

and if anybody knew anywhere else open on sundays

thanks in advance

I'd imagine that you'll get stung for garage labour rates which is normally ?50-60/hr. On top of that any bits you need.

Did he say what exactly it was? I assume by circuit he thinks its an electrical fault?

What car have you got? What are the symptoms?

it's a peugeot 206 , it's toiling to accelerate anything above 2nd gear and it splutters and shudders and the wee orange engine shaped light comes on the dashboard , this might seem stupid but ... could it have anything to do with the weather as it seems worse when the heavy rain is on ?

I'd imagine that you'll get stung for garage labour rates which is normally ?50-60/hr. On top of that any bits you need.

Did he say what exactly it was? I assume by circuit he thinks its an electrical fault?

he said that it's more the fuel getting to the engine that was the problem , but wasn't 100 % sure as they don't deal with that sort of thing .

On http://www.206info.co.uk it lists the following things as possible causes of a lack of power:

Timing belt incorrectly fitted

Fuel filter blocked

Fuel pump faulty

Fuel tank vent blocked, or fuel pipes restricted

Worn, fault or incorrectly spaced spark plugs

Vacuum leak at the throttle housing/inlet manifold

Engine management system fault

Fuel injector/injection pump fault

Brakes binding

Clutch slipping

I use Reiths on Gordon Street in Leith. Very friendly and good prices. Proper old school tradesmen.

thanks mate , i'll give them a phone tomorrow

Archived