Should John Robertson's legend banner be taken down?

Martin_T

Should John Robertson's legend banner be burned/taken down?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should John Robertson's legend banner be burned/taken down?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/inverness_ct/3635083.stm

An interesting debate on another thread about the Pressley banner. There are those who believe it should remain taken down, especially in light of Elvis' chest thumping actions of a few years back.

So whilst we are having a purge of legend's banners, I see from the above article from 2004 that John Robertson seemed to be openly touting himself for the Hibs job, surely this merits another burning? In my opinion that one incident overwrites all the goals, all the memories all the years of loyal service. It almost renders those tears from the 1998 cup final as crocodile tears doesn't it?:rolleyes:

...for anyone slow on the uptake, I am of course taking the Jarkko. However in my opinion it just goes to highlight how small minded those are who want Pressley erased from the Hearts history books over one stupid incident.

Do The Dance
Robbo losing his legend status:wacko: are you havin a giraffe?:eek:

I think he might be ... d'oh.

Guest jambomickey

ditto mate and nor should our cup winning captain be taken down

You'll never be the sharpest knife in the drawer, will you Eggo?:o

Pants Shaton

Frankly if you're born a Hibs fan then you shouldn't ever be given the honour of playing in maroon.

I never counted a single Robertson goal - I would have regarded a 2-1 win, where he scored 2, as a 1-0 defeat. The guy never had the Gorgie tradition and I haven't been back to Tynecastle since they put up his 'legend' banner. Touting himself for the Hibs job didn't surprise me - typical Jhudas behaviour.

MacDonald Jardine
Frankly if you're born a Hibs fan then you shouldn't ever be given the honour of playing in maroon.

I never counted a single Robertson goal - I would have regarded a 2-1 win, where he scored 2, as a 1-0 defeat. The guy never had the Gorgie tradition and I haven't been back to Tynecastle since they put up his 'legend' banner. Touting himself for the Hibs job didn't surprise me - typical Jhudas behaviour.

Great post ;)

Pants Shaton
While we are at it why not campaign to get Robbos bar renamed as the 16.20 real fans bar?.

Is it just a coincidence that the real Hearts fans and the Rangers subway loyal don't bother with the last 25 minutes?

Some pretty poor quality trolling on this thread. :o

You should know. Are you here for a full session or will you be leaving early? :whistling:;)

Some pretty poor quality trolling on this thread. :o

Totally agree, by the way I'm heading up town tonight to take in a show or two, any recommendations.

Totally agree, by the way I'm heading up town tonight to take in a show or two, any recommendations.

Can't help - there's nothing that's caught my eye.

However in my opinion it just goes to highlight how small minded those are who want Pressley erased from the Hearts history books over one stupid incident.

Agreed. The Elvis bashing on here does my head in :mad:

Pants Shaton

These polls on JKB are a farce. JKB is not representative of the wider Hearts support.

Me and a bunch of drinking buddies have always despised the Grand Hobo infiltrator that is Rhobbo. We speak for the Gorgie tradition.

Join our campaign to remove the banner and get all his goals and appearances taken off Londonhearts.com by emailing the club directly and PMing Davy Allan.

Pants Shaton
I see thast 3 Hobos have voted.

They are heroes - real fans (except the one who voted by mistake).

Zero tolerance for Rhobbo.

These polls on JKB are a farce. JKB is not representative of the wider Hearts support.

Spot on GMAN. Some people take them far too seriously. Bear in mind that a large proportion of the votes often come from people who don't even go to Tynecastle. :o

Spot on GMAN. Some people take them far too seriously. Bear in mind that a large proportion of the votes often come from people who don't even go to Tynecastle. :o

Not even for 60 minutes? :P

Me and a bunch of drinking buddies have always despised the Grand Hobo infiltrator that is Rhobbo. We speak for the Gorgie tradition.

Join our campaign to remove the banner and get all his goals and appearances taken off Londonhearts.com by emailing the club directly and PMing Davy Allan.

:):):)

While we're at it we can add his partner in crime, the Celtic-loving infiltrator John Colquhoun who continued to work undercover for the mhanks while scoring goals for us, to the list. It's time for a purge.

i voted yes and i aint no hobo.

Why did you vote "yes"? seems a completely daft poll to me given the vote was a forgone conclusion. I'm surprised anyone voted yes!

Pants Shaton
Why did you vote "yes"? seems a completely daft poll to me given the vote was a forgone conclusion. I'm surprised anyone voted yes!

I'm sickened by all the Rhobbo-sheep who voted yes. Why don't you all go along to a proclaimers gig with your pal Rhobbo, followed by a night on the town with the Blue Peter beast?

Just wait until Mixu gets the bullet - he'll be crawling all over the press touting a return to his spiritual home.

Because he's a Jhudas :hobofish:

Pants Shaton
I'm sickened by all the Rhobbo-sheep who voted yes. Why don't you all go along to a proclaimers gig with your pal Rhobbo, followed by a night on the town with the Blue Peter beast?

Just wait until Mixu gets the bullet - he'll be crawling all over the press touting a return to his spiritual home.

That should have read no.

how could some hearts fan actualy be so stupid to even make a thread up like this ! why would that banner ever come down he is a hearts legend !

Cos a lot of posters on here are stupid. Or lead sad lonely lives to have time to think up such crap..

Cos a lot of posters on here are stupid. Or lead sad lonely lives to have time to think up such crap..

exactly, ive had kickback username for years but as ul see i havnt posted that much, when i come on every now and then and see stupid threads like this it just winds you up.

Archived