News roundup

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling
From Perth to Paisley

Laryea Kingston had been withdrawn with a quarter of an hour to go, because in "the last five minutes he had lost his discipline", with Laszlo adding that if Kingston "could do a little more he would be an absolute star".

From the Herald.

Csaba just gets better and better. :cool:

Ibrahim Tall
QUICK FACT

For all the millions spent on foreign players, four of yesterday's best performers ? Berra, Driver, Thomson, and Wallace ? were products of Hearts' academy.

Millions?

Hearts of Vladland
Not so positive about a new stand though. :confused:

Price have went down we might get it cheaper.

QUICK FACT

For all the millions spent on foreign players, four of yesterday's best performers – Berra, Driver, Thomson, and Wallace – were products of Hearts' academy.

was it just me who thought Thomson was gash?

davemclaren
Price have went down we might get it cheaper.

Too high and delays to planning. Plus, the credit crunch means funds are more expensive reflecting less availability.

Gimme an H...

You defo weren't the only one mate. After all the talk of wanting a new RB and bringing one up from the youth ranks, I've been very dissapointed with Jason. Just dont think he's got it. Bring back Robbie.

Difficult to see from where i sit to judge him in the 1st half

Although Motherwell did seem to get a bit of success down the left.

I watched him closely in the 2nd half and was impressed.

I have had my doubts about him but he did really well with his challenges and reading of the game.

I have had my doubts about him but he did really well with his challenges and reading of the game.

Defended too deep in first half, came in to it better in hte 2nd as we played further up the field. imo

jamboinglasgow

from the article about banks was an interesting thing I noted that Csaba is changing behind the scenes.

Csaba also outlined his plans for developing a system below the first team which will see players groomed for the top team.

He said: "I would like to have an U23 team and an U19 team.

"We must change the rules at the club as the second team must be the U23 team and be the one to build up to the next level. The 19s must deliver players to the U23 team. With the sport director and the owner, I would like to change this quickly."

I think he means that the reserves will be for U23s (probably with the odd older player thrown in if they need match experence. But it is great news as the system is becoming a conveyor belt. So if a player performs well in the U19s they will be raised up to the U23s will they will be built up for the next level so that when they are deemed ready they will be moved into the senior team. This is what we need to develop top players.

Its when I read the changes in the backround that I like Csaba even more and more. Bringing a much better and effective scouting system, 8 hours day, teams that develop young players for the first team etc.

Yeah - he was much better after the break. A couple of poor crosses but Driver wasted good possession a couple of times to - none of them to the extent of Makela when he appeared. The good news is that Thomason and Driver are both still young guys and will both improve under a decent manager. Robbie's already as good as he'll ever be!

Broxburn_Jambo
Defended too deep in first half, came in to it better in hte 2nd as we played further up the field. imo

Was probably at fault for the first goal but i thought he recovered well and deserves a chance.

Good to see Csaba noticing Kingston lost his discipline as well.

Started on fire - had his name sung and started trying hollywood balls rather than keeping it simple.

As the second half wore on, the protection Thompson was given was getting less and less.

Kinsgton has it, but its no point doing it when he wants to.

Charlie-Brown

I wonder why the SoS didn't include Mole as a Hearts Academy player? We had 5 who started the game and if you include MacDonald, Jonsson & Rapnik on the bench that was 8 out of the 18 man squad were home-produced players.

Archived