Crowd today

four winds jambo

four winds jambo

the BBC are making much of the fact that today was not a sellout. What was the crowd and do you think a wee run could have the full house signs up again?

chester copperpot
It was just over 14,000. Not too bad considering last season.

From my section it looked like the Main Stand was rammed full today.

Still a decent crowd considering. 14K's not bad after the season we've just had.

They will return if we start winning again.

At 14,200+ I think the crowd is as good as we might of expected given recent times. I'd have thought the corporate side was a worry though. Section A of the Wheatfield looked as if there were only about 50 who took advantage of Hearts matchday corporate hospitality.

?21 for the cheapest seats for a motherwell game is a disgrace - i'm sure it was ?15 last year.

not only that, but the barstewards charged me ?5 for booking 4 tickets. ?90 for 4 tickets is not on!

Jambof3tornado

I think the credit crunch is as much to blame for the attendances being down as our previous seasons showings.

It will get better. Hearts will come up with another super sevens incentive to draw a few more into the ground.

The weather may have kept some away too. Wasnt bad,but if you had decided whether to go or not by the morning weather you would have stayed at home.

I enjoyed that game more than I have enjoyed any for a long time.

chester copperpot
?21 for the cheapest seats for a motherwell game is a disgrace - i'm sure it was ?15 last year.

not only that, but the barstewards charged me ?5 for booking 4 tickets. ?90 for 4 tickets is not on!

Is it ?21 for the cheapest today. Jesus. I got mine and the wee man's for free too. :P

best in the land

was ?15 for the main stand.

still bit overpriced for other areas,and the extra charge is a disgrace.

nearly put me off going.(for a second;))

Guest jambomickey

all those empty spaces are down to the way the club was being run! hopefully romanov will stick to letting the manager do his job without sticking his nose in and we can get stability back and then those who didn't renew season tickets will return

scott herbertson
I think the credit crunch is as much to blame for the attendances being down as our previous seasons showings.

It will get better. Hearts will come up with another super sevens incentive to draw a few more into the ground.

The weather may have kept some away too. Wasnt bad,but if you had decided whether to go or not by the morning weather you would have stayed at home.

I enjoyed that game more than I have enjoyed any for a long time.

also many people will be on holiday

Aberdeen got 12,600 for what is effectively a derby against Inverness so I don't think 14,200 for motherwell is too shabby

Jam Tarts 1874

The crowds will improve again. The larger attendances last season were only due to season ticket holders going along just to use what they had already paid for, I'm sure many of them didn't really want to be there.

The team doesn't look good enough to get 3 points at Ibrox, but after that our games against St.Midden and Hamilton could have us on 9 points from 4 games, if so I'm certain the fans will start coming back.

Only a Game
The crowds will improve again. The larger attendances last season were only due to season ticket holders going along just to use what they had already paid for, I'm sure many of them didn't really want to be there.

The team doesn't look good enough to get 3 points at Ibrox, but after that our games against St.Midden and Hamilton could have us on 9 points from 4 games, if so I'm certain the fans will start coming back.

I saw both teams (Rangers and Hearts) for 90 minutes today. On that evidence and on that form we will take at least a point.

special agent oso

I noticed that both corners of the gorgie stand ( rows 1-10 )were empty , i moved from there to section D as they increased the season ticket price from ?250 to ?335 , they only have themselves to blame , my wife and daughter reused to pay the extra money to sit in the rain , so the money saved got me a platinum seat.

Cappuccino Kid

If I remember correctly we were still offering season tickets if not after but certainly up to the vermin game under Burley. A win at Ibrox may make tickets a little more scarce.

portobellojambo1
I saw both teams (Rangers and Hearts) for 90 minutes today. On that evidence and on that form we will take at least a point.

According to the official website the attendance today was 14,219, which given last season, and all the delays in appointing a manager, is not a bad attendance today.

Given today's result, and the group of fixtures we have coming up after Ibrox (which "on paper" all look winnable) I would be delighted to come away with a point next week (even more delighted if we can exit with all 3) just to keep the player's confidence up.

St Midden, bogie team.

Hamilton, new team curse.

9 points would be very good indeed.

Jam Tarts 1874

Good, I didn't see any of the Rangers game however I read that watty has pushed the panic button and played with 2 strikers. I think they are struggling, but I think our defence is going to leek goals.

Don't know about that. We looked a lot better today. Yes we still have a lot of problems needing sorted, mainly in defence and def need a striker, but Im watching the re-run of the Falkirk v Rangers game just now on Setanta and Rangers are looking pretty poor. I think we're playing this fixture at the right time. Bring it on!!!

blondejamtart

Crowd may have been down today, but from the sound of things (certainly in the Main Stand) a lot of the "no shows" must have been from the moaning, whinging brigade who do nothing but complain - even when we're winning. Thought we sounded great today - well done to everyone!

Guest jambomickey
Crowd may have been down today, but from the sound of things (certainly in the Main Stand) a lot of the "no shows" must have been from the moaning, whinging brigade who do nothing but complain - even when we're winning. Thought we sounded great today - well done to everyone!

blondie very positive start to the season and hopefully all those who never renewed will be back supporting the team sooner rather than later

all those empty spaces are down to the way the club was being run! hopefully romanov will stick to letting the manager do his job without sticking his nose in and we can get stability back and then those who didn't renew season tickets will return

I agree.

The team appears to be on the turn, VR seems to have given a manager the space to do his job, if that continues then the fans will come back.

Archived