City of the Dead Tour

Toggie88

Yo guys!

A few of us a looking at going on the City of the Dead Tour, which I've heard through the 'great JKB grapevine' is the best around.

My question is, how to I go about booking tickets for said tour and where the hell does it start?

Many thanks, JKBers!

Never mind...just found the site.

While the threads here, what are everyone's opinion on the tour?

IMO probably the most entertaining. Guides are pretty much spot on and are very approachable if you have any questions etc. Very reasonably priced as well. Not fully accurate historically but its not far off. Going into the graveyard then the Mausoleum is not for the those of a weak disposition. Its weird watching people being "attacked" or "touched" by unseen forces.

Definitely a good tour and it will be enjoyable for those going on it.

And, after a few burnable substances, should be fecking awesome or horribly terrifying.

Time you coming round, Toggie?

Best of the tours, have a few drinks to warm yerself up first, and dinnae be scared in front of your mates!

Boaby Ewing
And, after a few burnable substances, should be fecking awesome or horribly terrifying.

Time you coming round, Toggie?

Nowt wrong with getting a wee bit mellow before you go, but try and not get the giggles early doors -- I've done the tours loads of times (used to take language students round in the summer) and at times it was quite scary.

But if there was ever a group ripping the p!sh from the off, it never really worked as the atmosphere was shot.

Nowt wrong with getting a wee bit mellow before you go, but try and not get the giggles early doors -- I've done the tours loads of times (used to take language students round in the summer) and at times it was quite scary.

But if there was ever a group ripping the p!sh from the off, it never really worked as the atmosphere was shot.

Congratulations - that's exactly what's going to happen now as I won't be able to get it out of my head. :D

Should be a good night.

I went on it a few months back and my girlfriend had the weirdest experience which has made me not want to go back.

Som woman saw orbs in her camera and was asking the guide if that's what they were, or if it was just the light from the camera. She said it was orbs and I though "oh well, that's fair enough". I showed it to the girlfriend and she went "oh that's weird".

So we're driving back and I said to my her on the way back that it was a bit weird and she said "what, the wee girls?" "What wee girls?", says I. "The wee girls in the photo that were playing ring-a-roses" says her. Now, I'm pretty sceptical about these things but she was deadly serious that she saw these images and thought that's what we were talking about when we were looking at the pictures. I swear that there was nothing there but she's adamant that there was. She could describe the girls in really good detail. I probably can't describe how spooky it was but that, coupled with another thing that she saw, means there's no way I'll go back there.

Good tour though.

:laugh: It was ****e. Went to a graveyard, here's a grave, here's a monument, here's a wall. Then you stand in a dark room for 20 minutes while the lassie tells you a story and a boy jumps out at you. Then you go home.

Very poor.

Just looked at the website. Im scared of things like that , but reading comments on here I wont bother.

Archived