alwaysthereinspirit

Greedy_Jambo
turn over

radio jockland 810MW;)

Cheers man. i was flickin between the old firm real radio show and the guff on talk 107.

alwaysthereinspirit
turn over

radio jockland 810MW;)

I'll try but I'm 3000 miles away and can only usually get what's on the internet.

Guest jambomickey
I'll try but I'm 3000 miles away and can only usually get what's on the internet.

3000 miles away? where about are you mate?

alwaysthereinspirit
3000 miles away? where about are you mate?

I'm in Boston, Ma.

JKB and HW are my saviours.

Jambo Hoggie
I'm in Boston, Ma.

Goin to the game tomorrow;)

alwaysthereinspirit
Goin to the game tomorrow;)

Only games I'll be at will be Falkirk and Rankgers in November. Unless there's a league cup game mid week that week. Always there in spirit though.

Friday nights are normally the only time you'll get decent football chat on that station...where the hell is Mark Donaldson? How dare he have an evening off. Pfft.

Guest jambomickey
I'm in Boston, Ma.

take it you originally from edinburgh mate? how long you been in boston? it's good you still keep upto date with the news from hearts

I'm in Boston, Ma.

Boston is cool buddy.

Stayed in the 9Zero a couple of years back. Great hotel, gash restaurant

alwaysthereinspirit
take it you originally from edinburgh mate? how long you been in boston? it's good you still keep upto date with the news from hearts

Been over here for 22 years but never have or ever will lose my love or passion for my team. Went home and away from about 73 till that most miserable week in May 86. Get home once a year and only schedule around Hearts games.

Been over here for 22 years but never have or ever will lose my love or passion for my team. Went home and away from about 73 till that most miserable week in May 86. Get home once a year and only schedule around Hearts games.

You're not the one who said that their wife had never seen Edinburgh in the summer because there are never any games on, are you? :biggrin:

Thank god for the internet, it must be a lifesaver for exiles like yourself. The admin team once posted a list of countries that people had accessed Kickback from and it was unbelievable.

Guest jambomickey

good on you mate! safe journey next time you due over here!

alwaysthereinspirit
You're not the one who said that their wife had never seen Edinburgh in the summer because there are never any games on, are you? :biggrin:

Thank god for the internet, it must be a lifesaver for exiles like yourself. The admin team once posted a list of countries that people had accessed Kickback from and it was unbelievable.

That's me. My wife and kids have never seen Edinburgh in July as there's nothing worth coming home for.;)

The internet has made everything so accesible with regards to information. When I first moved over here I bought a short wave radio and listened to BBC World Service. That was my only contact with Hearts other than calling home at about a pound a minute. I remember listening to a midweek game and not knowing Robbo had returned from Newcastle. The commentator mentioned Robbo would probably be playing on the Saturday. I nearly took the roof off the house.

Blood did, does and always will flow maroon.

Bugsy Siegel
Friday nights are normally the only time you'll get decent football chat on that station...where the hell is Mark Donaldson? How dare he have an evening off. Pfft.

Mark Donaldson is no doing the football any more he is on during the day. Its that Rangers t1t now that will be covering Hearts & sport.

alwaysthereinspirit
have you ever been to fenway? if so , what's the atmosphere like?

go red sox

Atmosphere at Fenway is awesome. Especially for night games. Red Sox remind me so much of Hearts. Always the bridesmaid up until 2004. Fenway is small compared to most other stadiums and only holds about 38,000. They've sold out every game for about the last 10 years. That's 81 games x 10 years not including play-offs at an average price of about 50 pounds. There are cheaper tickets but they're like gold. Baseball can be very slow and boring but a game at Fenway can be fun just because getting tickets is so difficult and so it becomes like a cup final for most families.

jambosean75

when i first got into baseball in the mid 90s , the only 2 teams i had heard of were the yankees (too much like the old firm) and the red sox ( big fan of cheers ).the sox's were like the jambos in that they had never won a trophy in my lifetime. since then we've won twice , as have they.

fenway always looks good on the tv.

i imagine that a game against the yankees would have a similiar atmosphere as an edinburgh derby.

would love to go some day.

hopefully we will both be lifting silverware this year:)

john brownlee

the trouble with 107 is they started as an east radio station to combat that other lot, but has now slowly drip drip pandering to the weeji as they are now available over there, Thing that blew it for me was one of their commentators referred to Hearts as Hearts of Midlothian that's always a giveaway to real weeji supporters or people that no nowt about football.

Now they are just daytime radio and noise for the schemies.

It was ok and interesting with good shows and discussions when they first came on air. When they changed the format a few months ago (coincidently it was when the weeji could tune in) it just went down hill with the likes of sandy clerks wife the gay buoy the sa burd and the other mirror scratching voices, its like watching morning tv with no picture.

That's me. My wife and kids have never seen Edinburgh in July as there's nothing worth coming home for.;)

The internet has made everything so accesible with regards to information. When I first moved over here I bought a short wave radio and listened to BBC World Service. That was my only contact with Hearts other than calling home at about a pound a minute. I remember listening to a midweek game and not knowing Robbo had returned from Newcastle. The commentator mentioned Robbo would probably be playing on the Saturday. I nearly took the roof off the house.

that would be the Velez Mostar game in 1988 I think we signed Tosh McKinlay the same day?/week.

Ive been over here for 20 years and I remember it like it was yestarday and I had the very same issues trying to get information about the famous

Archived