Bloody Seagulls...

Meadows

Anybody else noticed the number of inner city seagulls just now? They are everywhere, noisy,messy,irritating,sleep disturbing beggers!!!

Wondering if anyone knows how to get rid? Like put a model of an eagle on my roof? Any ideas guys??:mad:

I stay next to Musselburgh Harbour and they've been a complete nightmare. It's because they're all nesting on rooftops and have young uns, so if any crows et al go near the nest they all start their ****. I really wish I had an air rifle, especially at 5am.

There's one that arrogantly sits on the roof belting out its stuff like it's ****** of the north.

Anybody else noticed the number of inner city seagulls just now? They are everywhere, noisy,messy,irritating,sleep disturbing beggers!!!

Wondering if anyone knows how to get rid? Like put a model of an eagle on my roof? Any ideas guys??:mad:

Go over to a neighbours house and distribute a loaf of bread in their general area or if possible on their roof;) this should buy you some peace for a wee while.

Top Tip-if you do this every day the noisy barstewards will learn to set up camp at your neighbours house thus leaving you to sleep all afternoon:)

Pure filth.

They step aside from my van at around a tenth of a second before I hit them early in the morning. Previously it led to me having a heart attack. Now I see it as a personal mission to pop one of the ****ers.

I saw one pick up and kill a baby pigeon.

*******s.

Go over to a neighbours house and distribute a loaf of bread in their general area or if possible on their roof;) this should buy you some peace for a wee while.

Top Tip-if you do this every day the noisy barstewards will learn to set up camp at your neighbours house thus leaving you to sleep all afternoon:)

I know a guy who done similiar to a mate who was in a caravan with his family, Oh how we chortled;)

I know a guy who done similiar to a mate who was in a caravan with his family, Oh how we chortled;)

Hmm i think i know this one.Man throws bread on roof of friend (a) holiday home, swarm of birds descend onto home and cause panic and general mayhem ,friend (B):mad: knows nothing of this but is blamed and severely reprimanded while instigator has a wee laugh with his junior accomplice:sad:

Their was a conference in Dumfries recently where they discussed a controlled cull. I'm all for it, they have become nuisance worse than rats imo.

I was on holiday last week in The East Neuk, St Monans in fact. There was hardly a gull to be seen. I suppose it's the decline of the fishing industry, less fishing means less guts being chcked about so less for the gulls to feed on, but there's plenty of pizza boxes and half eaten kebabs to be had in the city centre.

Hmm i think i know this one.Man throws bread on roof of friend (a) holiday home, swarm of birds descend onto home and cause panic and general mayhem ,friend (B):mad: knows nothing of this but is blamed and severely reprimanded while instigator has a wee laugh with his junior accomplice:sad:

That was very well put Stevie, in fact my sides are sore again:rofl::band2::peek_by_Andrin:

The council should start shooting the barstewards.

Dirty, messy, noisy barstewards.

Are you thinking of the hibbys or seagulls mate?

Are you thinking of the hibbys or seagulls mate?

The seagulls.

If it was those feckers I was referring to I'd be lobbying for us to do it. Think of the fun we'd have :biggrin:

The seagulls.

If it was those feckers I was referring to I'd be lobbying for us to do it. Think of the fun we'd have :biggrin:

I've often pictured masel doon Lochend wi some kinda weapon.

Ho ho.

What fun it would be. Even just paintball!

I’ll get the P@%s taken out of me for this but I was attacked by one in Dundee

The thing hit me on the back on my head. (felt like a football) I turned round thinking… “what the???” only to see a seagull swoop for me again… I ducked and started to run…. Seagull dive bombing me all the way…. Eventually it hit me again and I went flying….. And crashed onto the road….. Seagull swooped again I rolled out the way got back up and ran like hell….. Got to my then G/Fs house and used my key to get inside…. Lent against the back of the door panting and thinking……”Did that actually happen???”

The worst part was when I looked down and saw that my jeans had been completed wrecked….. Well past the fashionable ripped jeans look. I was only up visiting my G/F for the night and only had the one pair of trousers…. I had to phone her at work (she worked at the early learning centre in the Omni Centre) and explain that not only was I not going to be able to meet her at 6pm as planned but if she could also buy me a new pair of trousers……..

I hate Seagulls!!!

http://scotsport.podbean.com

badly drawn boy
I stay next to Musselburgh Harbour and they've been a complete nightmare. It's because they're all nesting on rooftops and have young uns, so if any crows et al go near the nest they all start their ****. I really wish I had an air rifle, especially at 5am.

There's one that arrogantly sits on the roof belting out its stuff like it's ****** of the north.

Where are you Jac -im at the office to the front and i can tell you its a constant battle keeping the pigeon sheeeet of my car

The first set of old flats that are directly behind the garage. Is that the office that's getting the new windows?

I?ll get the P@%s taken out of me for this but I was attacked by one in Dundee

The thing hit me on the back on my head. (felt like a football) I turned round thinking? ?what the???? only to see a seagull swoop for me again? I ducked and started to run?. Seagull dive bombing me all the way?. Eventually it hit me again and I went flying?.. And crashed onto the road?.. Seagull swooped again I rolled out the way got back up and ran like hell?.. Got to my then G/Fs house and used my key to get inside?. Lent against the back of the door panting and thinking???Did that actually happen????

The worst part was when I looked down and saw that my jeans had been completed wrecked?.. Well past the fashionable ripped jeans look. I was only up visiting my G/F for the night and only had the one pair of trousers?. I had to phone her at work (she worked at the early learning centre in the Omni Centre) and explain that not only was I not going to be able to meet her at 6pm as planned but if she could also buy me a new pair of trousers??..

I hate Seagulls!!!

http://scotsport.podbean.com

:rofl:

Imagine getting a bleaching off of a seagull :laugh:

Tbf, some gulls are monsters. We put a chicken carcass out the back for some of the birds, expecting to throw the carcass in the bin later that night, however, within a minute a gull swooped down and swallowed the thing whole. I thought it was going to keel over as you could see the carcass passing through its neck, but with two shakes of the neck it managed to swallow the ****er.

It was a medium sized chicken, enough to feed 4 people ffs. :eek:

ardwick1888
Tbf, some gulls are monsters. We put a chicken carcass out the back for some of the birds, expecting to throw the carcass in the bin later that night, however, within a minute a gull swooped down and swallowed the t ohing whole. I thought it was going to keel over as you could see the carcass passing through its neck, but with two shakes of the neck it managed to swallow the ****er.

It was a medium sized chicken, enough to feed 4 people ffs. :eek:

gulls are MOD EDIT, been atacked by magpies, lapwings,even them smaller seagull types.

Doctor FinnBarr

Every year in Bellshill, in a certain well-known dairy,we were attacked by nesting gulls. If we had work to do in the roofspace it involved carrying gear up steps and thro a door. The sec your head appeared at the top of the steps, bang, the barstewards were swooping. Now, when your carrying heavy welding gear this was a problem so 1 of us carried whilst the other defended. This lasted for about 3 years till the gaffer got fed up, and being a shooter of some note, dispatched both adults and 1 chick, bliss!

This year Oyster-Catchers moved in and they were no prob!

:)

In Manchester City Centre they have introduced Kestrels into the city centre, which feed primarily on Pigeons, but also scare off the gulls.

When I worked in Rosyth I saw a Kestrel attach a Magpie. Was the funniest thing ever - the magpie was cowering and hiding from it.

Think you only need a couple of these birds in an area and gulls will soon keep a long way away.

davemclaren
In Manchester City Centre they have introduced Kestrels into the city centre, which feed primarily on Pigeons, but also scare off the gulls.

When I worked in Rosyth I saw a Kestrel attach a Magpie. Was the funniest thing ever - the magpie was cowering and hiding from it.

Think you only need a couple of these birds in an area and gulls will soon keep a long way away.

Sounds hilarious. :wacko:

Sounds hilarious. :wacko:

It is when it is normally Magpies preying on young rabbits or smaller birds. A case of a bully getting caught out of its depth.

Archived