K Richey - Remanded in custody

Forza Cuore

Do The Dance

Sad case. No idea what 20 years inside can do to someone... whether guilty or not.

He has pretty much been on a mission of self destruct since he came 'home'.

It is a pity he has been refused the help he obviously requires.

Maroon Mayhem

I don't know the guy nor do I have enough insight into his case in America to form an opinion of his innocence but I do feel that he has to have been affected by 20 years of not knowing whether he was going to live or die.

The guy clearly needs professional help.

Hopefully he'll get it inside (help that is, not analy raped).

Guest jambomickey

ditto mate! it must be hard to settle back into life after 20 years behind bars, he needs help or he going to do serious harm to himself or somebody else

Captain Canada

Can't see what good it's going to do him locking him up again - it's pretty terrible really that he hasn't been given the help he so clearly needs. I don't think prison is the right place for him - it's easy to judge him on his behaviour since he came back to Scotland but none of us know what it must feel like to be freed after so long on death row

:laugh:

MOD EDIT

:laugh:

Like Pete?

I reckon its been pretty hard... getting banged up for twenty then coming out and everyone knows your face. Cant be easy.

davemclaren

Perhaps he wants to go back to jail? I would think being out after all those years would be pretty stressful. :confused:

Dave, Twice he has went to the Royal Ed for help.They refused and told him he had to stop drinking before they would help!

I personally thought you could 'section' yourself if you were suicidal,but not if you like a bevvy aparently.

davemclaren
Dave, Twice he has went to the Royal Ed for help.They refused and told him he had to stop drinking before they would help!

I personally thought you could 'section' yourself if you were suicidal,but not if you like a bevvy aparently.

He clearly needs a lot of help and isn't getting it. If only sober people were treated the NHS could shrink by half. :cool:

Guest jambomickey

if that's true mate it's a disgrace!

Is there a prison equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome?

Institutionalised i suppose. Do feel a bit sorry for the guy. A twenty stretch and straight into the limelight can't be easy. Added to that, we love to build people up and then knock them down in this country. Someone should have been given the job of protecting him from the inevitable publicity.

Perhaps he wants to go back to jail? I would think being out after all those years would be pretty stressful. :confused:

What's the name of the old guy who worked in the library in the Shawshank Redemption?

The Comedian
What's the name of the old guy who worked in the library in the Shawshank Redemption?

Brooks Hatlen. He was mental and had a pet craw.

He has pretty much been on a mission of self destruct since he came 'home'.

It is a pity he has been refused the help he obviously requires.

Suppose letting him drink himself into a stooper in your bar wouldn't help ;)

There must be someone can help him,it cant be easy after 20 years in jail,and having no job prospects or nothing to get up for in the mornings

Robbos Right Peg
There must be someone can help him,it cant be easy after 20 years in jail,and having no job prospects or nothing to get up for in the mornings

I think he needs to help himself paulah what with the press money and the This Morning stuff etc etc most folk could have been happy with that but not our pal I know it cant be easy but f................. me

The Real Maroonblood

At least if he does time in Saughton he won't be on death row.

So he can thank himself lucky.

:)

not wanting to rock the boat here guys,

but the **** deserves everything coming to him imo.

although no one will ever know whether he did start the fire that killed the little girl whats commonly forgotton is that richey was supposed to be babysitting the girl and was later found by police in a bush at the back of the apartments blind drunk.

only in scotland would we make him a national hero.

not wanting to rock the boat here guys,

but the **** deserves everything coming to him imo.

although no one will ever know whether he did start the fire that killed the little girl whats commonly forgotton is that richey was supposed to be babysitting the girl and was later found by police in a bush at the back of the apartments blind drunk.

only in scotland would we make him a national hero.

No No No. he is not a national hero and as has been said several times on here just think what 20 years on death row, several times just hours away from being executed has done to his mind. The man obviously needs help that he is not getting

tommythejambo
No No No. he is not a national hero and as has been said several times on here just think what 20 years on death row, several times just hours away from being executed has done to his mind. The man obviously needs help that he is not getting

The thing that annoyed me was the way many sections of the media championed his cause endlessly. Soley because he was a Scot on death row.

couldnt care less if he needs help the mans responsible for the death of a young girl...hope he rots in jail or dies an unsightly death imo.

He was responsible for the death of a young child, and comes back to Scotland and acts like he is some sort of celebrity.

He is a grade A muppet, and I don't see why people should go out of their way to help him, when he won't help himself

Thought he was offered Electric Shock therapy - but turned it down!!!

He's a bit of a knob but you can tell he's out of his depth dealing with normal society.

He was in court this morning and further tremanded for 110 days, this was a result of his Physciatric assessment,with the sherriff saying he WAS suffering from a post traumatic stress disorder and a danger to the public and himself.

I suppose telling the shrink he was going to shoot the Procurater Fiscal would'nt have helped either!!!:wacko:

He was in court this morning and further tremanded for 110 days, this was a result of his Physciatric assessment,with the sherriff saying he WAS suffering from a post traumatic stress disorder and a danger to the public and himself.

I suppose telling the shrink he was going to shoot the Procurater Fiscal would'nt have helped either!!!:wacko:

so long, farewell, alf wiedersehen.........................

Archived