Olympic Opening Ceremony

Ibrahim Tall

Is it just me that hates all these opening ceremonies??

The image of Diana Ross trying to hit a penalty from 6 yards out from USA 94 sticks in my mind.

Dreadful, cheesy stuff.

This is far from cheesy. I have never been interested in these things before but this is immense.

Try it.

This is far from cheesy. I have never been interested in these things before but this is immense.

Try it.

No.

I'm boycotting it.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Pretty sure you wont be...

Its usually just synchronised swimming on land.

Cool ;)

Never normally bother watching these, but this one has been fantastic

The human LED things was spectacular, and you can always rely on the Chinese to do amazing fireworks!

10.30pm here in Oz and watching it. Have to say it is pretty impressive stuff - even taking away the fact they've probably got a gun at their families heads if they've got something out of sync (just joking).

I do think though we need a Terry Wogan like monologue over it all.

Well I,m enjoying it, pretty spectacular

I'm guessing its mostly children that are doing the stuff, with bald patches from years of learning to spin on the top of their heads especially for the cermony.... I'm right amn't I.

If you would rather watch it all without the commentary, use red button on BBC1 and choose option 2 from sports multiscreen.

I'm afraid there is no Wogan option :(

i dunno what your beef is, but Communism is great.

I'm guessing its mostly children that are doing the stuff, with bald patches from years of learning to spin on the top of their heads especially for the cermony.... I'm right amn't I.

i dunno what your beef is, but Communism is great.

No beef with communism... just got beef with the fact that they can make premark clothese cheap enough but cant afford tupey's for the kids.

Has the lion horse duet been on yet?

tn.jpg

North Berwick Jambo

No usually my thing but i have to say it has been impressive so far..

I normally hate these opening ceromonies such as this for example

However this Bejing one is ACTUALLY entertaining - WOW - Discipline gone mad!

No beef with communism... just got beef with the fact that they can make premark clothese cheap enough but cant afford tupey's for the kids.

Has the lion horse duet been on yet?

tn.jpg

Tbf, there's some great gear to be had and the fact some wee brats have toiled making those clothes for little or no reward, means we get those items cheaper. If I had my way they'd be working the paddy fields in their spare time too. Kids nowadays, eh - don't know what hard work is. Child labour ftw.

Tbf, there's some great gear to be had and the fact some wee brats have toiled making those clothes for little or no reward, means we get those items cheaper. If I had my way they'd be working the paddy fields in their spare time too. Kids nowadays, eh - don't know what hard work is. Child labour ftw.

What is 'ftw'?

I am looking forward to the finale

Commander Harris
What is 'ftw'?

FOR THE WIN!

What is 'ftw'?

Its gotta be the lion horse act.

FTW.... filled the wombs

Mon the bagpipes! Scotland the Brave! We ARE a nation after all!! :)

On the firework front, anybody leaving T in the park after the Prodigy would have seen those fireworks with the smiley face?!

Hm. Elaborate please?

Measured the womb filler and poured it in to easy to pour jugs, which the Lions take to the womb rooms. duh.

Geez, hughesie, you ask a lot of questions. What's to elaborate about a lion riding a horse?

Could you repeat that?

Not about the Opening Ceremony but about the Olympics in general,

I bet George McNeil must be raging now at the huge amount of Professional Athletes that now participate in what is meant to be an Ameteur event.

As you are all probably well aware George was at one time the fastest sprinter in the world, but due to signing a 's' form for our East End neighbours, he wasn't allowed to participate in ameteur events such as The Olympics and Commonwealth games.

He must sit there watching thinking of what could have been.

I tell you what I can't wait for London to follow this........

I can just imagine it now Girls Aloud, McFly and the obligatory Beckham role.

I tell you what I can't wait for London to follow this........

I can just imagine it now Girls Aloud, McFly and the obligatory Beckham role.

I was thinking the same thing.

Although I have an issue with China's human rights record and I have doubts as to whether the games should be there at all, they have 4,000 years of culture to celebrate. They have a rich history of spirituality, philosophy, education and culture as was dramatically and tastefully shown during the opening ceremony.

The English have a history of imperialism and war, with occasional invading forces bringing their uniqueness to the pot.

What will the English have to celebrate?

What is English culture?

Hoodies, ASBOs and Coldplay.

Inspirational.

Archived