Times Predictions

Cambo_Jambo

Cambo_Jambo

I know our own personal opinions on our finishing position this year is being discussed in another thread but this one is for the media.

Just reading my paper and alongside a fairly level piece about the new Hearts set-up is Graham Spiers' prediction for the season.

He recons we'll be 6th but also says that there is the potential for a 'minor Gorgie revival'.

Just wondering if anyone has any other predictions that have come out the papers?

Tokyo Drifter

Haven't seen the papers but BBC Sport online have asked their punters - Dodds, Dung etc - and they've all got Dundee United third and most have Accies or St Mirren to go down.

I know our own personal opinions on our finishing position this year is being discussed in another thread but this one is for the media.

Just reading my paper and alongside a fairly level piece about the new Hearts set-up is Graham Spiers' prediction for the season.

He recons we'll be 6th but also says that there is the potential for a 'minor Gorgie revival'.

Just wondering if anyone has any other predictions that have come out the papers?

Reasonable prediction for a neutral to make but those of us who are Hearts-minded have already worked out that with Rangers being so useless and with us having the best manager in the SPL we should be expecting to be at least second.

Sorry, that's not really out of the papers is it?

Champions League, here we come. Thanks Vlad.

Graham Spiers, no Ive got a better idea....why dont uv shove it up YOUR arse.

I've seen a couple of predictions and the weird thing is that while most of them have us finishing in either 4th, 5th or 6th place...there were also two that had us joint favourites with Dundee Utd to split the old firm. So, I guess what they're saying is that evidence would suggest we'll have a mediocre season with little to shout about...but there is a chance that we might just surprise everyone and do a bit better than expected.

I'm okay with that idea. After last season, I'm not yet convinced that all will be well on the playing side but you never know what a new manager and a few new signings (hopefully!) can do. One thing I am sure of is that we WILL be better than we were last season, I just don't know how much better....

Archived