Csaba is losing sleep....

JamboLad

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-boss-losing-sleep-over.4371536.jp

HEARTS manager Csaba Laszlo admits he has toiled to sleep at times this week as excitement intensifies ahead of tomorrow's SPL opener with Motherwell at Tynecastle.

The Hungarian will welcome fit-again Lee Wallace back to his squad for a match which is dominating his thoughts, even causing him to waken several times a night. He recognises the desire for a winning start on his competitive home debut but is cautious of the threat posed by Mark McGhee's UEFA Cup qualifiers.

Laszlo said: "I wake up during the night and I think about football, especially this week when I am thinking only about this game, about my players, about today's training session, which is the last before we play Motherwell.

"Lots of things are running through my mind but at the moment I am thinking only about my team, about my supporters and about this new beginning in Scotland.

"Tonight I will be up two or three times thinking about tomorrow's game because always I only think about football. I think a positive result in the first game can be the signal for the whole season."

Although a newcomer to Scottish football, Laszlo has endeavoured to research Motherwell's style of play and tactics with the help of his coaching staff. "We have information on them, my coach has studied them and I'm sure they will have studied our team too," he continued.

"The first game is important for everybody. We are at home and we had a very good result against Hull City last week. This gives me confidence and the players confidence.

"I hope we have a lot of supporters in the stadium because we definitely must win this game. If you play at home, you are the favourites but we won't speak too much about that. We are only looking at our confidence and winning the first game gives us good preparation for the next games."

Hearts will be without Ruben Palazuelos tomorrow as the Spaniard serves a one-game suspension carried over from last season. A caution against Falkirk in May pushed him through the SFA's disciplinary threshold but he will return to the squad to face Rangers next weekend.

The club expect a crowd of between 13,500 and 14,000 to attend the Motherwell match with individual match briefs said to be selling well.

To purchase a ticket for Hearts v Motherwell, call 0871 663 1874 (option 1), visit http://www.heartsfc.co.uk or call in at the Tynecastle ticket centre.

loveofthegame

'The club expect a crowd of between 13,500 and 14,000 to attend the Motherwell match with individual match briefs said to be selling well.'

Bit of a disappointing figure is it not, especially when you consider we had that many ST holders last year.

heartsfc_fan

I reckon we will get about 15K at the game. Normally people leave it to the last minute

ronnie_fife
'The club expect a crowd of between 13,500 and 14,000 to attend the Motherwell match with individual match briefs said to be selling well.'

Bit of a disappointing figure is it not, especially when you consider we had that many ST holders last year.

Not when you consider how crap we were last season.

There should be a good turn out on Saturday, people say they won't go but as the game approaches the expectation and excitement will prove to much!

I hope anyway!

I wake up during the night and I think about football, especially this week when I am thinking only about this game, about my players,

I am thinking only about my team, about my supporters and about this new beginning in Scotland

Dont know if its just his translation but like the way he uses the word 'my' rather than the... shows that he's taking responsibility...

Cant wait for tomorrow now.

Pants Shaton

Start of the season. New manager.

How any Hearts supporter could chose not to go to the game is beyond me.

Guest JamboRobbo

Love the way he talks with such passion about football.

Still not happy that Cernakov appears to be the one dishing out his "experience of scottish football" though.

Dont know if its just his translation but like the way he uses the word 'my' rather than the... shows that he's taking responsibility...

Don't think it is...I noticed 2 or 3 days after he arrived that he was already referring to the squad as 'his' players.

I'll be a bag of nerves tomorrow....

Don't think it is...I noticed 2 or 3 days after he arrived that he was already referring to the squad as 'his' players.

I'll be a bag of nerves tomorrow....

I'll probably be pished and excited.

Cant wait... really cant wait, got a slight twinge of nerves but that will clear up around half 12 (3rd pint or so).

Commander Harris
I'll probably be pished and excited.

Cant wait... really cant wait, got a slight twinge of nerves but that will clear up around half 12 (3rd pint or so).

do you mean half 12 today :eek: and you're on your 3rd pint at work! ;)

do you mean half 12 today :eek: and you're on your 3rd pint at work! ;)

And what would be wrong with that!

Ok ok, tomorrow...

I quite like the way they have guesstimated a sensible figure for the crowd rather than spouting the usual :blah: "a full Tynecastle"...."another sellout! etc etc

Mind you, I think there will be a good few folk turning up on the day just to see if we've improved since last year ;)

Still not happy that Cernakov appears to be the one dishing out his "experience of scottish football" though.

Realistically though, there is nobody else there to provide any information, as everyone else has been binned.

I don't see anything wrong with holding on to him for a couple of weeks. In any business, it is important to have a handover period, even if they previous guy was inept.

There's no evidence to suggest that his scouting abilities are poor. I know results were awful, but if Vlad was picking the team while he was in charge, then any scouting he did would have been rendered almost pointless.

But, yes, I'll be worried if he's still holding a position of 'influence' further into the season...

Is it just me that thinks that Tynie is going to be bouncing tomorrow? I haven't been this excited at the start of a season in a while. Quite odd considering we've still got a load of the ****e players from last season.

Guest JamboRobbo
Realistically though, there is nobody else there to provide any information, as everyone else has been binned.

How convenient that they were binned eh. And Cernakov returned to be "part of the staff" just prior to Csaba coming along. Convenient? The new Valdas?

I don't see anything wrong with holding on to him for a couple of weeks. In any business, it is important to have a handover period, even if they previous guy was inept.

Agreed. Lets see if it's just a couple of weeks though......

There's no evidence to suggest that his scouting abilities are poor. I know results were awful, but if Vlad was picking the team while he was in charge, then any scouting he did would have been rendered almost pointless.

But, yes, I'll be worried if he's still holding a position of 'influence' further into the season...

We're agreed then mate. Just a "concern" I was voicing, and hopefully one that will go away sooner rather than later, especially with Csaba having his assistant now, it seems to me that Csaba won't need Cernakov to be there.......;)

How convenient that they were binned eh. And Cernakov returned to be "part of the staff" just prior to Csaba coming along. Convenient? The new Valdas?

Aye, fair point. It does worry me that we have a "ready-made-manager", should there be a falling out...

Lack of signings will keep the crowd down. The team is still pretty uninspiring to look at and i dont see where the goals are coming from. I presume it's going to be Mole up on his own again front again which is unlikely to have folk rushing down to the ticket office.

Guest JamboRobbo
Aye, fair point. It does worry me that we have a "ready-made-manager", should there be a falling out...

It's not so much that. Just Cernakov having input that worries me. It's not as though we were well set out last year when he was "in charge", so I hope his input is kept to a minimum.

Hopefully Csaba is just playing the game to make him feel important and keep people happy, allowing Csaba to get on and do his job.

I'm a bit disappointed we've sold significantly under a thousand season tickets in the last three weeks. Especially considering the positivity surrounding the club at the moment.

There must be quite a few fans planning on buying tickets on a match by match basis assuming there is the ususal 300 or 400 unemployed welders there.

Not when you consider how crap we were last season.

Yes and no new signings on view yet either, so everyone know s the team will be very similar to the one that played against Hull.

Certainly we will struggle up front unless he surprises us by maybe giving Nade half an hour even if only half fit he would give us a bit more threat.

Ryan Gosling

Csaba and Burger took training today, no Angel in sight on SNS.

Toly was there in his fancy duds watching.

I'm a bit disappointed we've sold significantly under a thousand season tickets in the last three weeks. Especially considering the positivity surrounding the club at the moment.

There must be quite a few fans planning on buying tickets on a match by match basis assuming there is the ususal 300 or 400 unemployed welders there.

There isn't anything exciting about the team though. People want to be entertained. If they had signed a couple of good forwards it would have been a sell out.

scott herbertson

Where did this information come from?

:confused:

Where did this information come from?

:confused:

The official site.

I might be wrong though.

On the 18th of July the club announced we had broken the 10,000 barrier for season ticket sales.

On the 5th of August the club stated over 10,000 season tickets had been sold.

It didn't say just under or nearly 11,000.

So I put 2 + 2 together and got significantly under a thousand.

The official site.

I might be wrong though.

On the 18th of July the club announced we had broken the 10,000 barrier for season ticket sales.

there's a very strong chance the club were being "creative" with the numbers they were spouting out in June and July

scott herbertson
The official site.

I might be wrong though.

Nothing wrong with your maths Pablo.

This is the 5th Aug statement:

"the club reported its busiest week of sales to date since the appointment of Csaba Laszlo as manager.

Over 10,000 Season Tickets have been sold for the season ahead at Tynecastle with supporters continuing to showing tremendous loyalty."

Presumably they are talking about sales up to the Saturday (2nd August) and if it was the busiest week of season ticket sales yet they must have sold several hundred last week.

I'd be surprised if we far off 11,000 now, which is more than we had at the start of the Burley season....

Sounds a bit like Brian Clough in the Damned United. Especially the "My supporters and My players" bit.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. If I get 7/8 hours sleep I will be suprised.

No wonder he's not sleeping, I would be the same if I were in his shoes. All I hope is that we Jambos give him time to bed in to Scottish football. He has lessons to learn, and he has to learn them pretty quickly. If he's good enough then we can build on his talk and abilities, and go for long-term success. He's not going to thrive if we have a few dodgy results and as a result the support starts getting on his back. It's up to us to cut him some slack and back him solidly as he attempts to get our club back challenging for honours.

there's a very strong chance the club were being "creative" with the numbers they were spouting out in June and July

Spot on. As was said at the time the club's 10k was more like 8,500 so in the last few weks we have sold over 2k which has given us a figure slightly more than the previous number announced. If we had spent some cash on 1 striker (2 would have been great) we would have added another 1-2k on top but I reckon plenty of people are going to take the wait and see how we do approach and will purchase tickets game by game. Should things progress well then I think we could see the best walk up sales in several years and maybe even half ST sales, should things revert to the status quo then we will see crowds of around 11-12k for much of the season.

Tomorrow's result cannot be underestimated in terms of the boost it would give the club and the fans to get off to a good start and you can tell that Csaba knows it. Big game which I'm looking forward to (just wish we had a front man).

Tomorrow's result cannot be underestimated in terms of the boost it would give the club and the fans to get off to a good start and you can tell that Csaba knows it. Big game which I'm looking forward to (just wish we had a front man).

Much in the same way that the Killie result under Burley was the main reason we sold out every home game thereafter

Angel was at training today, he and Werner seemed to just have a watching brief, as Csaba ran the session himself.

A bit of historical perspective.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/motherwell.html

The previous 4 "Romanov Era" league Visits attracted between 16,000 and 17,000

Motherwell's last visit attracted 13,651 (for A Scottish Cup tie)

Before that it had usually been about 11,000

The last Pre-2005 League Crowd of over 13,500 was in April 1998 when we were in a three way title race and unless I missed something you have to go back to 1961 to see crowds of over 13,500 in a row.

So if this prediction is accurate it would suggest that the burst of enthusiasm following the Cup winning, old-firm splitting season of 2006 is fading but is far from over.

Lots of people who were tempted back by the Premium version of watching Hearts got or regained a taste for it and are coming back for more even if it's generally only been the Standard or "Reduced to Clear" versions that have been on the shelves lately.

ford donald

Give him time tomorrow,its his first game in charge,im sure he will be very nervous,the supporters must give the team backing tomorrow,very important...

dont break the thread!;)

Jam Tarts 1874

I just hope that Csaba's losing sleep doesn't turn him into another Valdas.

Everything is up for grabs, the old firm are garbage, we have nothing to fear from any other SPL club, the lack of signings is not so bad when you consider that the players we have now beat both Rangers and Celtic last season. So it is all there for us, it's going to be what every Hearts fan wants - excitement, despair and just that special something that no other club can provide. That's why we are Jambos!

Archived