Outlook Running as slow as a dog with one leg

K1874M

What could be causing it? Deleted loads, it even slows down my whole system on a brand new lap top (3 months old) when send and recieving.

Pulling my hair out.

Sexton Hardcastle

IS this a work one conected to a server etc? Maybe updates running in the background?

I'm guessing it could be your anti-virus.

hit ctrl, alt & delete to check the system load and see what apps are causing the cpu spikes when it happens.

IS this a work one conected to a server etc? Maybe updates running in the background?

It is connected to a server.

We use an out sourced IT company that comes in but frankly they've no idea...

I'll check the cpu usage just now.

Sexton Hardcastle

Say you cant do anywork today and spent the next 7 hours and 41 mins on Kickback.

Say you cant do anywork today and spent the next 7 hours and 41 mins on Kickback.

The CPU never spiked when send and recieving... when would I expect to see a spike...

It effects everything on my system and everyone else seems to be the same. The servers only a year old.

Grrr.

The CPU never spiked when send and recieving... when would I expect to see a spike...

It effects everything on my system and everyone else seems to be the same. The servers only a year old.

Grrr.

It sounds like your anti-virus scanning everything, especially If there is no CPU spike. It would spike as soon as you started trying to send and receive.

Vista or XP?

It sounds like your anti-virus scanning everything, especially If there is no CPU spike. It would spike as soon as you started trying to send and receive.

Vista or XP?

XP and I'm using the disgusting Norton.

Sexton Hardcastle

If you PM me your Name, address and Bank details, i have a friend who should be able to help you.

XP and I'm using the disgusting Norton.

Try switching off Norton and see If it makes any difference. I'm guessing it will be Norton's email scanner.

If you are at work you won't have to worry about viruses and the like as they should have a pretty good firewall/sweeper etc.

Unless that's what is causing the problem.

Try switching off Norton and see If it makes any difference. I'm guessing it will be Norton's email scanner.

I'll try that this morning... cheers for your help mate.

Paddy... Pm on it way ;)

If you are at work you won't have to worry about viruses and the like as they should have a pretty good firewall/sweeper etc.

Unless that's what is causing the problem.

What about Sonar? Should I close that down as well. Pretty sure we are firewalled up to max.

What about Sonar? Should I close that down as well. Pretty sure we are firewalled up to max.

What's Sonar?

Kenny, I know you use Skype........I had a real issue with Skype slowing down my Outlook.......try outlook with Skype turned off and see......if that is the issue I know the fix..!!......

Kenny, I know you use Skype........I had a real issue with Skype slowing down my Outlook.......try outlook with Skype turned off and see......if that is the issue I know the fix..!!......

Not got skype set up on this just now....

Sonar; watches for unwanted system operations that may indicate a new unknown virus.... so norton tells me.

Not got skype set up on this just now....

Sonar; watches for unwanted system operations that may indicate a new unknown virus.... so norton tells me.

OK, well thats the limit of my IT help....!!....you're on your own now.

OK, well thats the limit of my IT help....!!....you're on your own now.

haha, cheers, seems to be running a little better after Lovecrafts help.

heartsfc_fan
There's your problem.

Agree. Norton is a pile of craaap. Never really had any use for it. The one button checkup is good on systemworks, but the anti-virus is pesh.

haha, cheers, seems to be running a little better after Lovecrafts help.

If Norton is nothing to do with you work, hook it and get AVG for free.

Norton sucks rancid willies.

Sexton Hardcastle

Make sure and use the "Norton Removal Tool" if you do hook it. Even if you do the unistall programme, it still leaves bits in the registry etc which mess about with any future anti virus. Give a shout if you need it but sure itl be on google somewere.

I'd personally recommend Mozilla Thunderbird, seems to run much smoother than Outlook regardless of what else is running.

Archived