Caley ask for a standing area

Walter Kidd

I think they're wanting that because it's too cold to sit still right next to the bloody Moray Firth.

Buffalo Bill

Always been disappointed by the absence of a terraced area. I understand that post Hillsbrough we need to have certain regulations, but I refuse to believe it would be that difficult to have a terraced area that was both regulated and safe.

The only reason I can think of for having a seating area is that any naughty boys can be caught by their seat number.

With the steepness of our stands it'll be a sore fall if you miss a step. You'll be at the pitchside within seconds:biggrin:

My ST is in N1 as I like standing at games.

Good luck to Inverness and hopefully other teams follow their lead.

Hope ICT get their standing area and we follow suit.

I had an old mate on the pitch at Hillsbourgh, saw him just before they went back to Des on Grandstand so I understand the reasoning behind the standing ban if not the reason. If you herd 10000 people into an area that holds 5000 then what happened will happen.

Since all seater stadium come in I have been unable to go to many games, meaning my son has only been to see the Hearts 6 or 7 times, usually birthdays and the like, althought we did get to Hampden on the glorious 2nd. My disability means that I cant sit for any length of time and being 6ft 4 means that the seats are just too small.

If we get a dedicated standing area in the new stand then the wee fella and me can go much more.

Andy

Willie Stewart my Jambo legend.

I'd imagine they might want to make a terraced area on the west side that currently has no stand - cheap option ?

Simply not going to happen though. The arrests at most games must be in single figures these days and I imagine that's the way the old bill will want to keep it :(

Carl Spackler
BRING IT BACK, KILLAUTHORITY. MY NAME SAYS IT ALL.

NT

This from a man who works for a government agency which is obliged to object to the new stand at Tynecastle as a formality?:P

Always been disappointed by the absence of a terraced area. I understand that post Hillsbrough we need to have certain regulations, but I refuse to believe it would be that difficult to have a terraced area that was both regulated and safe.

The only reason I can think of for having a seating area is that any naughty boys can be caught by their seat number.

To use a very over used JKB statement......

SPOT ON !!!

There is no Taylor report in Scotland. Only an agreement with the Police and the SPL. If a club REALLY ants a standing area they will get it. Nothing to stop it. Could take it all the way to the European courts if they wanted. There is no REAL reason the Police could claim it is more dangerous than seating.

However HMFC are unfortunately not interested . I have raised the point with them and they dont think it is the way to go. Lets hope they change their minds. ;)

I go to a lot of concerts and some of them tend to get a wee bit wild with the mosh pits circle pits and the like, i dont see why i can be in a crowd of 85.000 at Donington watching Slayer or Machinehead with pits and peolple crowd surfing and no crowd control bar a barrier to split the arena in two to stop sideways movement, yet i cant stand at the football in a crowd 1/10 of that size when the only crowd movement is a bit of jumping when your team scores. If it can work in Germany it can work here.

knock down the roseburn stand, build a decent covered cop that holds 8000-10000, punt the away fans in the roseburn and there you have your 30000 stadium, and boy would the atmosphere be back ok we could do it like the germans have for european games with temporary seating for these games, if we qualify.

loveofthegame
Sod standing. I'm too old for that now. Not to mention too short.

I think there should be a standing area, not the whole ground but definitely a stand/few sections. That way youngins like me can stand and the old folk like you can sit happily

:P

SPOT ON !!!

There is no Taylor report in Scotland. Only an agreement with the Police and the SPL. If a club REALLY ants a standing area they will get it. Nothing to stop it. Could take it all the way to the European courts if they wanted. There is no REAL reason the Police could claim it is more dangerous than seating.

However HMFC are unfortunately not interested . I have raised the point with them and they dont think it is the way to go. Lets hope they change their minds. ;)

I also agree with BH as to the most likely reason.

Re the above though, can you remember if they actually gave you reasons or was a it just a dismissive response?

Blaming Hillsbrough on standing is like blaming Bradford on seating. The reasons for both disasters were much more deep rooted than that.

100% in support of the return of the terracing although I also agree with BH that is unlikely as seating is used as a method of control.

One way round this could be to make terraced sections season ticket only.

SPOT ON !!!

The decision rests with the council which issues the safety certificate. At present no SPL club will get a safety certificate if they have a used standing area. Personally, I've seen it used safely in Germany and I think it could be done here as well. However, I don't see any political will for it so it won't happen imo.

I also agree with BH as to the most likely reason.

Re the above though, can you remember if they actually gave you reasons or was a it just a dismissive response?

It was actually quite a decent response. They want a 'family' atmosphere and terracing doesn't fit in with this. Of course what us, the paying public, want for our money isn't considered...........

The decision rests with the council which issues the safety certificate. At present no SPL club will get a safety certificate if they have a used standing area. Personally, I've seen it used safely in Germany and I think it could be done here as well. However, I don't see any political will for it so it won't happen imo.

Mr McLaren I am 100% certain that a club would get a safety certificate. Simple argument. The council gives certificates for concerts to take place in the very same stadiums with standing areas. There are no barriers or control whatsoever. The council COULD NOT refuse an application for a terracing area that had been independently checked out by safety experts. The club could just threaten to take the council to court . They would win. 100%.

If the clubs want it they will get it. End of story. Don't let all this rules and regulations nonsense blind you. It is simply a smokescreen to stop us, the paying public, from having a choice. In this 1984 Britain they want every person to have a NUMBER and a POSITION. Don't let them get you. ;)

Mr McLaren I am 100% certain that a club would get a safety certificate. Simple argument. The council gives certificates for concerts to take place in the very same stadiums with standing areas. There are no barriers or control whatsoever. The council COULD NOT refuse an application for a terracing area that had been independently checked out by safety experts. The club could just threaten to take the council to court . They would win. 100%.

If the clubs want it they will get it. End of story. Don't let all this rules and regulations nonsense blind you. It is simply a smokescreen to stop us, the paying public, from having a choice. In this 1984 Britain they want every person to have a NUMBER and a POSITION. Don't let them get you. ;)

I disagree that the council would provide a safety certificate for an SPL ground with terracing. However, the only way to find out is to ask them or get an SPL club to apply.

As regards your Orwellian comments, I do have some sympathy for these. :)

It was actually quite a decent response. They want a 'family' atmosphere and terracing doesn't fit in with this. Of course what us, the paying public, want for our money isn't considered...........

TBF, i can see their point re family atmosphere.

But it kind of strengthens the argument to have a terraced area, say the old enclosures, where those that want to stand can and those with kids can take seats away from them.

That way like-minded birds of a feather can flock together.

Everybody's happy.

I disagree that the council would provide a safety certificate for an SPL ground with terracing. However, the only way to find out is to ask them or get an SPL club to apply.

As regards your Orwellian comments, I do have some sympathy for these. :)

Well let's hope a club actually has a go and we can find out. :)

I think people are finally waking up to the fact that the whole ' Blame terracing for everything' argument is nonsense.

I went to see Bayern in November. ?9 to stand, drink beer and watch some of the best players in the World. Forgive me but ever since then I am just despondent when it comes to the "patheticness" in this country sometimes.:sad:

Go the Germans !! :Hearts Man spotrun:

Well let's hope a club actually has a go and we can find out. :)

I think people are finally waking up to the fact that the whole ' Blame terracing for everything' argument is nonsense.

I went to see Bayern in November. ?9 to stand, drink beer and watch some of the best players in the World. Forgive me but ever since then I am just despondent when it comes to the "patheticness" in this country sometimes.:sad:

Go the Germans !! :Hearts Man spotrun:

I agree I was watching Hannover play Bayern last year in the standing area and each row is fenced off so there is no chance of a crush. Plus seats can drop down for Euro or International matches. Very cheap to go to the match. Personally I prefer a seat but I'm an old fart. :whistling:

TBF, i can see their point re family atmosphere.

But it kind of strengthens the argument to have a terraced area, say the old enclosures, where those that want to stand can and those with kids can take seats away from them.

That way like-minded birds of a feather can flock together.

Everybody's happy.

Far too much like common sense. If the people that run this country had any brains it will happen. I am not holding my breath.........................................

I agree I was watching Hannover play Bayern last year in the standing area and each row is fenced off so there is no chance of a crush. Plus seats can drop down for Euro or International matches. Very cheap to go to the match. Personally I prefer a seat but I'm an old fart. :whistling:

Aye, you old codgers can have your seats and us 'young uns' can bounce around. Everyone is happy !!

:Hearts Man spotrun:

Aye, you old codgers can have your seats and us 'young uns' can bounce around. Everyone is happy !!

:Hearts Man spotrun:

Voila!

I go to a lot of concerts and some of them tend to get a wee bit wild with the mosh pits circle pits and the like, i dont see why i can be in a crowd of 85.000 at Donington watching Slayer or Machinehead with pits and peolple crowd surfing and no crowd control bar a barrier to split the arena in two to stop sideways movement, yet i cant stand at the football in a crowd 1/10 of that size when the only crowd movement is a bit of jumping when your team scores. If it can work in Germany it can work here.

Very true.

And Machinehead were mindblowingly good at DL - better than Slayer, IMO.

Very true.

And Machinehead were mindblowingly good at DL - better than Slayer, IMO.

I'm in the crowd on their DVD:)

in the meantime, buy a ST in the back row, you can get away with standing there...:)

Do the stewards not ask you to sit down? :)

Archived