An English lesson for weegies

i8hibsh

Right you dirty vile bunch of inbreds, read this and let it register!!!

It is half!!!! not hoff

It is one!!! not wan

It is situation!!! not city a shun

It is definately!!! not def in ate lay

It is child or bairn!!!! not Wayne

It is United!!!! not you nigh ti (pronounce the D at the nd you dispicable bunch of people)

Do you understand that you bunch of filth?

It is bad enough I have to share a country with you lot and hear you more than I would like but at least try and not be so vile!

Agreed, but what if they were like us? Who'd we make fun off, or feel superior too? Aberdonians? They slag themselves off?

I P Knightley

It is half!!!! not hoff

It is one!!! not wan

It is United!!!! not you nigh ti (pronounce the D at the nd you dispicable bunch of people)

It is bad enough I have to share a country with you lot and hear you more than I would like but at least try and not be so vile!

Ahem!

Another, though, is our, nor "Wur"

Sentences don't end with 'but'.

Ahem!

Another, though, is our, nor "Wur"

Sentences don't end with 'but'.

forgot about that one - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I effin hate them!

much better place to live than Edinburgh though :)

you MUST be having a laugh

Thanks very much.

HAve you met me?

Nope i don't think so. You are a Hearts fan tho?

Thanks very much.

HAve you met me?

I take back my agreed quote. In fairness most weegies I know are sound. Living in West Lothian however I find the rejected ones a pain in the ?rs?! I'm sure i8hibsh is genralising even though he's not thought through by saying 'all'.

I would also like to point out people in Edinburgh are very ignorant...although to be fair most people in Edinburgh don't come from Edinburgh originally.

Nope i don't think so. You are a Hearts fan tho?

Can't really say i'm vile then just because of where i'm from. I am indeed a hearts fan.

Where is it that all these weegie's talk around/to you and is this an unavoidable situation?

The Old Tolbooth

It is half!!!! not hoff

It is one!!! not wan

It's no like you to rile the natives mate :laugh:

41P310Y15ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Living in West Lothian

My sincere condolences. The land of the weegie hybrid. Possibly one of the worst areas in Scotland.

I quite like central Glasgow, much better music scene/venues, clothes shops and MILLIONS of Greggs "bakeries". Its only the 2 football teams and their rabid fans I cant stick.

It's no like you to rile the natives mate :laugh:

41P310Y15ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

4,955 posts of pure p*sh mate!

you wouldn't want me to change now lol?:)

hand - not hon.

They don't recognise the letter D

They are idiots

Ever heard them pronounce Dundee United?

Dundee you night ti

They give me the :boak:

From my use of the word 'they' I exclude the very few decent ones

The Old Tolbooth
4,955 posts of pure p*sh mate!

you wouldn't want me to change now lol?:)

Absolutely not mate!!

I love the way your able to throw a thousand cats amongst the pigeons :D

Doctor FinnBarr

I call my child "the wean" an Ulster/Scots term! Where is the problem with this? I despise the land of the weedge as much as you BUT you can't compere everyone outside the toon as being the same and talking like you!

:mad:

Washing NOT waashin (not that they do a lot of that) ;)

Top NOT tap

Ourself NOT wur sel

I also can't stand it when they end every sentence with "know"

The scene is a Glasgow court and a witness (a ned) is being questioned by a rather plummy mouthed Advocate Depute (AD)

AD "You say you went up to your friends house that night. Why did you go there?"

Witness "Tae get a tap."

AD "Is your friend a plumber?"

Witness "Naw."

AD " Are you a plumber?"

Witness "Naw"

The witness is a bit bewildered by this line of questioning and the AD realises it, but notices that the court police officer is rubbing his fingers of one hand together in the universal gesture of money. Daylight apparently dawns on the AD and he changes his line of questioning accordingly.

AD "So you went to the house to borrow money?"

Witness "Naw."

AD "Ah. You went to the house to lend money?"

Witness "Naw."

In exasperation the AD says, " You told the court you went to your friend's house for a tap. What kind of tap was it?"

Witness "A Sellick tap."

Whilst I admit that there are certain people and certain areas of Glasgow that well worth avoiding, I can't help but feel offended by the OP. I hate the OF as much as the next Jambo, but this reeks of ignorance!

Can't really say i'm vile then just because of where i'm from. I am indeed a hearts fan.

Where is it that all these weegie's talk around/to you and is this an unavoidable situation?

Going on sentence construction alone, you're undoubtedly weeg material.

much better place to live than Edinburgh though :)

A matter of opinion I know, but I'm astonished that anyone would ever consider glasgow a better place to live than Edinburgh?

Are you being serious or just having a bit of sport?

A matter of opinion I know, but I'm astonished that anyone would ever consider glasgow a better place to live than Edinburgh?

8 out of the 10 worst areas in scotland are in Glasgow

It is a sewer

OmiyaHearts
forgot about that one - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I effin hate them!

I tried not to take offence from your posts as it's probably a wind up but being a proud glasgwegian i couldn't help it. I dont have a problem with your accent even though it's not as distinct as ours and I you need to realise that just because someone is from the Glasgow then they're not from a sewer, there are many cities in a worst state than Scotland's largest. Granted you can only probably only go on you experiences with OF away support at tynie.

Hopefully this pic will make your day - its a weegie - me to be exact. the face of Hearts for season 98/99 (quitongo wig included) - feel free to print it and stick it up on your bedroom wall if your mum lets you. Just think, that year loads of people must have thought you were just like me...

weeg_thumb.jpg

Say What Again

sit-u-a-shun?

Say What Again
Hopefully this pic will make your day - its a weegie - me to be exact. the face of Hearts for season 98/99 (quitongo wig included) - feel free to print it and stick it up on your bedroom wall if your mum lets you. Just think, that year loads of people must have thought you were just like me...

Pure loving the picture by the way big man ;)

I've lived in both and Glasgow is far better.

The West End in Glasgow is probably the best place to live in Scotland. Nowhere i'd rather live any way.

Guest S.U.S.S.

All you lot having a pop at glasgow is a disgrace, i hope the the goverment builds a big wall round it so they cant find out about your nasty thoughts about them.

Hopefully they remember drainage, wouldnt want them all drowning now would we.

Doctor FinnBarr

I can remember being in front of the refreshments at the old Tynie for a midweek game against der hun near the end of a season when the huns started singing in broad weegie accents "They'll be nae holy waatur in the cup", the shed was in stitches!

:wacko:

Right now I am preferring living in Glasgow to Edinburgh. West End Glasgow admittedly, but Glasgow nonetheless.

Great bars, great music scene, a brilliant array of parks and museums etc. Magic place to live.

I love Edinburgh as well, and I'm certain I'll return some day, but Glasgow does it for me in the here and now.

West end Glasgow = Edinburgh lite

I know, which is why I flagged it up. I really like it here, it has everything you need and a great social scene - far superior to Edinburgh's.

Damn straight it does.

I wonder how many of those people slating Glasgow have actually spent any time here beyond the odd night out or trip to the OF's grounds.

Deadly serious. And i know for a fact a lot of people would agree with me. I've never met anyone who isnt from Edinburgh that prefers Edinburgh.

I've never lived in Glasgow but I have to say that I dinnae like the look of it.

I think Edinburgh is far nicer. Prettier.

Glasgow folk don't bother me. I think they are funny. Down to earth.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Deadly serious. And i know for a fact a lot of people would agree with me. I've never met anyone who isnt from Edinburgh that prefers Edinburgh.

Hello.

I take back my agreed quote. In fairness most weegies I know are sound. Living in West Lothian however I find the rejected ones a pain in the ?rs?! I'm sure i8hibsh is genralising even though he's not thought through by saying 'all'.

I would also like to point out people in Edinburgh are very ignorant...although to be fair most people in Edinburgh don't come from Edinburgh originally.

What are you on? What a load of pesh. I have worked beside people form all areas of Scotland(on building sites) and found the funny, the weird and wonderful come from everywhere.

But i will say, without being too offensive, the West Coast accent can sound horrific on some of the people from there, esp the Gadgey women.

But, there are some very funny people from there and both the Edinburgh lads and Glaswegian get on well.

But Morry, Edinburgh folk ignorant? Come on, shows you you`ve never lived here in the Big Capital. The other thing i find annoying is that the West coast fabricate Myths about Edinburgh, could be envy , no?

PS...and can i just add i was told from Glasgow lad that he enjoys Edinburghs nightlife. I think going to a different place makes you feel it`s better because you`re used to your own city.

Archived