How did you meet your partner?

Walter Kidd

Walter Kidd

I've been with my wife for 16 years now and love her as much now as I did then.

I met her in a nightclub in Dunfermline. She'll admit she was twatted. I was on cheap nasty amphetamine. We've been together ever since.

Over to you.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dirk Diggler
She was a pal of my wifes:) Then she was my babysitter;) Now shes my wife:eek:

What's Jeremy Kyle really like?

Comes across as a bit of a Tw*t on tv.

Jambo Oscar

I have known mr shona hearts for 10yrs now. He lived near me and we used to eye eachother up. I got set up on a blind date and it was him (I was well chuffed!) He was 10 yrs older than me. Was 18 when I met him. Got married in 2001 and still happy (Although a night with Robbie wouldnae go a miss!!) ;)

davemclaren
She lived below me.....

spoke at a party,

tried to pish in her cupboard

Got together a year later.

I love a romantic story...... :P

Walter Kidd
She lived below me.....

spoke at a party,

tried to pish in her cupboard

Got together a year later.

Fancy a beer tomorrow lunchtime?

Walter Kidd
Is this the start of an affair or are you just mates:rolleyes:

Hammond, he is called Kenny.

I'm no a bufty.

Last G/friend in the boozer, we stayed there for the rest of our relationship.........well it felt like it.

Fancy a beer tomorrow lunchtime?

Aye... I'll email you...

babes.

Met my now wife at the Cavendish fifty years ago. Had a wee fall out with my buddies and saw this what I thought was an American girl with a nice sun tan and glasses. To finish the discussion I said ah to hell with you I am going to take this Yank up for a dance. Turned out she was in fact Canadian.

It all led to two kids, a house in Wester Broome Drive, a house in Clerwood Loan and finally houses in Canada. Still together, and closer now than ever before.

Walter Kidd
Met my now wife at the Cavendish fifty years ago. Had a wee fall out with my buddies and saw this what I thought was an American girl with a nice sun tan and glasses. To finish the discussion I said ah to hell with you I am going to take this Yank up for a dance. Turned out she was in fact Canadian.

It all led to two kids, a house in Wester Broome Drive, a house in Clerwood Loan and finally houses in Canada. Still together, and closer now than ever before.

What a lovely story. Good on you Bob.

dodethejambo
I have known mr shona hearts for 10yrs now. He lived near me and we used to eye eachother up. I got set up on a blind date and it was him (I was well chuffed!) He was 10 yrs older than me. Was 18 when I met him. Got married in 2001 and still happy (Although a night with Robbie wouldnae go a miss!!) ;)

Is he not still 10 years older than you.

or are you one of those woman who's age goes backwards?

;)

Radiohead gig at Meadowbank a few years ago - I cant look at the bushes next to where the supporters busses park at ER again without raising a cheeky wee smile! ;)

The Old Tolbooth

Awww I've got a really warm glow about me after reading that Bob :)

Radiohead gig at Meadowbank a few years ago - I cant look at the bushes next to where the supporters busses park at ER again without raising a cheeky wee smile! ;)

:eek: she might have let you buy her a drink first:)

Walter Kidd
Awww I've got a really warm glow about me after reading that Bob :)

You've pished yourself fatty.

The Old Tolbooth
You've pished yourself fatty.

:laugh:

I knew one of the village simpletons would come out with the obvious ;)

Jambo Oscar
Is he not still 10 years older than you.

or are you one of those woman who's age goes backwards?

;)

:D My mum didn't like me seeing him at 1st cause of the age difference but i used to sneak out the house ;) lol

I met her in a nightclub in Dunfermline. She'll admit she was twatted. I was on cheap nasty amphetamine. We've been together ever since.

Over to you.

Haha.

In a beertent at a music festival in Belgium. She was ****ed, thought I was bent cos I had a red hoody on with sunglasses at night (partaking in too much of the festivities ;)) and came sat on my knee. Next again night met her again whilst pished and chucked my mate out the tent and showed her I wasnt the gay she thought I was.

And the last 6 weeks have been great.

Reading that back its hardly mills & boon...classy lad.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

She's always been with me for as long as I can remember (connected to my wrist)

I met my wife in Majorca, I was over to watch Hearts take on Real Majorca in the Europen Cup Winners Cup in September 1998, We got engaged at Half time at Hearts Motherwell Game on 1st of October 2000 we won 3-0 Durie scored 2 and Kirk scored 1, and the woman from Maryhill she said yes!!

The good fortune of the smoking ban led me to meeting the other half, completely steaming outside Edwards in Liverpool, went back to hers and when I woke up legged it back to the hotel. Found my mates had just left for chester racing so got ready, forked out ?50 in a taxi to the racing and got hammered all day again and when we got back to Liverpool my mates just crashed so I texted her and went back for seconds! Been seeing her for the best part of a year now and back to Liverpool the morn !

Doctor FinnBarr

Met Nikki in a field....nope, shes not a cow, it was a bike rally!

We go into secret mode now.....after the best [mod edit] I've ever had I thought I'll marry her to make sure these last, and you've guessed it, the ring on the finger meant NO!

:dribble:

I met my wife in Majorca, I was over to watch Hearts take on Real Majorca in the Europen Cup Winners Cup in September 1998, We got engaged at Half time at Hearts Motherwell Game on 1st of October 2000 we won 3-0 Durie scored 2 and Kirk scored 1, and the woman from Maryhill she said yes!!

Not being pedantic but the Mallorca Vs Hearts game took place on the 1st of October 1998, it was my 21st birthday;)

Walter Payton
She's always been with me for as long as I can remember (connected to my wrist)

Good old Pam eh?

Over to you.

Similar to myself. Was totally bollocksed after watching Scotland lumber to a crap victory in the afternoon, several more refreshments, then up to the Bongo Club after some party prescriptions. God only knows what she saw in me then, but we're still together six years later!

Every relationship I've ever had has started with me being pished, making a tit of myself, thinking I've ruined my chances and then strangely getting together a few weeks later.

Every relationship I've ever had has started with me being pished, making a tit of myself, thinking I've ruined my chances and then strangely getting together a few weeks later.

Have found that myself, that my success rates tend to be proportional to how pished I am!

Women are strange creatures indeed...

Have found that myself, that my success rates tend to be proportional to how pished I am!

Women are strange creatures indeed...

Have to say i met a Polish chick a couple of weeks ago when I was wasted. I had arranged to meet up with her last week but I honestly had no idea what she looked like.

Met her last week and she is a stunner.

RESULT

Fxxx the SPFL

1977, Was swaying in the queue for the Muscular Arms (valentinos) didn't get in cos I was pished we then staggered round to the Amerciana nightclub, on the way round my mate put his arms round two burds he then threw one at me, this wee lassie form Melrose in the Borders, and the rest they say is history, now have a laddie 23 and daughter 24 and wer'e all staunch Jambos. The wife origionally had a soft spot for Charlie Nickerless and smeltic but wasn't long in converting her.

:107years:

:eek:Cant believe that some of you are with things you pumped on the 1st night you met them....total hingoot or what?:wacko:

If it wasnt you that night it would have been someone else..yuk:eek:

Doctor FinnBarr
:eek:Cant believe that some of you are with things you pumped on the 1st night you met them....total hingoot or what?:wacko:

If it wasnt you that night it would have been someone else..yuk:eek:

We're just so happy that someone let us we keep them!

;)

Not being pedantic but the Mallorca Vs Hearts game took place on the 1st of October 1998, it was my 21st birthday;)

I know the game was on the 1st of October but I met my wife on the 30th of September.

My girly was one of the team leaders at my crappy, part time, call centre job that i use to pay my way through university.

Archived