Gyms in Edinburgh

Freebird

I've recently damaged ligaments in my knee and need to do some exercises to strengthen the muscles surrounding that area. It seems like the ideal motivation that I need to get off my erse and join a gym.

I've heard Bannatynes is pretty rubbish so was thinking about either Edge or David Lloyd, as I live over in that side of town.

Anyone got any recommendations or advice on gyms? DL is also quite pricey ain't it?

Cheers folks.

The NHS physio they took my 9 month rehab class offered me a discount at Edinburgh Leisure - if you're with NHS physios maybe ask them.

The NHS physio they took my 9 month rehab class offered me a discount at Edinburgh Leisure - if you're with NHS physios maybe ask them.

I've got my first physio appointment tommorow so I'll ask then, cheers for the heads up.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Get out on a bike if you have one and your knee is up to it. providing you have the equipment it will be free.

Edge is closed. I used to be a member there but switched to David Lloyd. Very nice gym.

Edge is closed. I used to be a member there but switched to David Lloyd. Very nice gym.

What are the prices and joining fees like? They don't give any on their website.

loveofthegame

The Edge was apparently pretty poor. I'm a member of David Lloyd, absolutely love it. Not cheap though.

Phone up now, think they have a no joining fee deal on at the mo, which cuts out a big payment. Monthly goes from ?45ish(i think) upwards, depending on what you're after.

I pay ?75 which is pretty steep but thats the full membership for racket sports etc as well as i play a lot of tennis and squash.

What are the prices and joining fees like? They don't give any on their website.

They have all sorts of deals depending on who you work for. I think I pay ?50 per month with no joining fee.

I don't have the racquet sports membership as those games are for puffs. :)

Only downside of Lloyds is that Jhudas Presslehy is a member. :sad:

Commander Harris
I've recently damaged ligaments in my knee and need to do some exercises to strengthen the muscles surrounding that area. It seems like the ideal motivation that I need to get off my erse and join a gym.

I've heard Bannatynes is pretty rubbish so was thinking about either Edge or David Lloyd, as I live over in that side of town.

Anyone got any recommendations or advice on gyms? DL is also quite pricey ain't it?

Cheers folks.

"gym? what's a gime? oh, a gime?!"

sorry, simpsons joke. :)

Suspect Device

Cheers folks.

one of the guys on here is something to do with a gym - marketing / new members etc.

think he's Big C (sorry mods hope thats ok) try pming him maybe

Anybody use the Gym at North Meggetland?

Not sure its name, what are the prices like? Would probably be just a month membership.

one of the guys on here is something to do with a gym - marketing / new members etc.

think he's Big C (sorry mods hope thats ok) try pming him maybe

That's not a problem with me SD! Thanks for the mention.

I am Sales and Marketing Manager of an independent club not too from Stockbridge.

I've dropped Freebird a PM with some info.

If anyone else is thinking about it, just drop me a PM. We've got a good deal on the go at the moment anyway, but I can always make it even sweeter for fellow KB'ers and/or let people try the club out for free if they ask nicely enough! ;)

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I am a member of '' Maroons '' Chesser/Corn Exchange behind world of soccer

Good set up ?45 of peak

Good set-up

Many Jambo faces

Drumbrae leisure centre is cheap considering what they have.

In the past I have been a member at David Lloyd and have frequented Greens on occasion.

The gym at Drumbrae is far superior to the one at Greens, or was the last time I was there, the equipment is of the same standard as David Lloyd and the swimming pool is by far the best of the three, the only thing missing is a steamroom, jacuzzi or sauna, but they are for poofs anyway.

I think it is only about ?40 per month and no time restrictions, the membership also allows you to use any Edinburgh Leisure facilities such as the gym at Ratho in the climbing centre which is brilliant.

It is also a not for profit part of the council ensuring no hefty price rises.

I've got my first physio appointment tommorow so I'll ask then, cheers for the heads up.

Meant to ask. What did you do to your knee?

I had an ACL reconstruction last year (a year ago yesterday). Feck me the rehab was tough.

Archived