Mendy would love Rangers move

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/07/SPL-Mendy-on-Rangers/

Senegal international Pascal Mendy has revealed he would jump at the chance of joining Rangers, despite kicking the Ibrox side out of European competition completely this season.

The defender who made the switch to FBK Kaunas last year with the understanding that it was merely a stepping stone to The SPL with Hearts, has had problems with work permits washing out any hope of that actually happening.

Mendy has not given up hope of securing a move to Scotland and believes his performances against Rangers will hopefully enhance his chances of playing in the UK.

?I really hope a result like this will improve my chances of coming to Scotland now,? Mendy told the Scottish Sun. ?I joined Kaunas believing I?d be loaned to Hearts and that was left disappointed that I couldn?t because I didn?t have the work permit.

?If I do get then I would go to Hearts straight away

?But it?s not just Hearts. It could be a Scottish team, a French team, an English team.

?It could be Rangers. Any big team.

?Why not? If the time comes for me to leave Kaunas then it will not be a problem to me.

?I just want to go and play in a bigger and better league in Europe.?

Archived