The All New Importance of a Manager

Coco

While we were meant to support previous 3 year and 5 year tractor production plans of the regime some of the most deluded suggested that A Manager Was Of No Importance. This appeared to be because the pyramid scheme and the overarching advice of the Advisor on Sports Matters to the Board would ensure a conveyor belt of top class players totally loyal to the regime and picked by Committee would lead to top class football success.

This model appears to have been dismantled, and we are now all to cheer the emergence of young players before they go to better clubs. However, as despite the change in model we now appear to have a Manager Of Importance. Though he has a chequered managerial history and his assistant appears to have come from small time football and both of the Political Commissars are still there - what signs of improvement are you looking for from the return of A Manager?

I want to see more professionalism. More discipline and improved motivation. Some evidence of understanding the opposition, countering their strengths and feeding on their weaknesses. Improvement in our players' individual skills. Team building. No tolerance for shirkers and prima donnas. And an improvement in the league position with a tilt at the Cups.

Are we going to get that? What are you looking for from the new manager?

Geoff Kilpatrick

All of the above, plus a little bit of the feel-good factor. The last two seasons have been excruciating with the shenanigans on and off the pitch.

What you say regarding professionalism, discipline, motivation etc

I'm also looking forward to a manager with a little bit of tactical nouse who will make that killer substitution if and when required.

I'd also like to see consistency in team selection too. Pick the best XI available.

What are you looking for from the new manager?

I'm looking for him and his assistant to get lucky. If they do, it will be the triumph of hope over experience. I fear that their lack of knowledge of the SPL will count against us. I think we'll get off to a good start and then slide.

I'm very concerned at the continued presence of two out of the three members of the Committee of Failure. What are their roles? Will they help or hinder the new management team?

What you say regarding professionalism, discipline, motivation etc

I'm also looking forward to a manager with a little bit of tactical nouse who will make that killer substitution if and when required.

I'd also like to see consistency in team selection too. Pick the best XI available.

That is exactly where Frail/Romanov fell down. Shocking tactical decisions at completely the wrong time.

In my opionion most people perform to a higher level when they know exactly what is expected of them.

I read this week, one of the players saying The Manager likes to have one-to-ones with the players.

I'm expecting organisation alone to bear some success.

Buffalo Bill
While we were meant to support previous 3 year and 5 year tractor production plans of the regime some of the most deluded suggested that A Manager Was Of No Importance. This appeared to be because the pyramid scheme and the overarching advice of the Advisor on Sports Matters to the Board would ensure a conveyor belt of top class players totally loyal to the regime and picked by Committee would lead to top class football success.

This model appears to have been dismantled, and we are now all to cheer the emergence of young players before they go to better clubs. However, as despite the change in model we now appear to have a Manager Of Importance. Though he has a chequered managerial history and his assistant appears to have come from small time football and both of the Political Commissars are still there - what signs of improvement are you looking for from the return of A Manager?

I want to see more professionalism. More discipline and improved motivation. Some evidence of understanding the opposition, countering their strengths and feeding on their weaknesses. Improvement in our players' individual skills. Team building. No tolerance for shirkers and prima donnas. And an improvement in the league position with a tilt at the Cups.

Are we going to get that? What are you looking for from the new manager?

I think you make some very good points in the end from a very reasonable question but your message was slightly lost on me with the party political broadcast of your first two paragraphs!

But yes, all of the above for me and I especially agree with the tilt at the cups. We need to really bust a gut for them.

Buffalo Bill

I want to see players playing for each other, the manager and the fans.

I also want to see players trying their hardest to make sure we have an unbeatable attitude to each game, and not the heads going down If we are 1-0 down at home to some of the "lesser" teams.

This is what a manager brings to the club.

All the best managers are first are foremost good motivators.

We have several very good players at the club, but If they are not willing to work and play hard for the team then there has to be some problem with their mentality.

I have always said football is as much about confidence as is it is a skill and tactics game. If both teams are full of confidence, this is where the tactics and skill come more into the game.

All you need to do is look at Celtic. If they go 1-0 down, they are usually pretty confident that they can go on and win the game. This is the mentality that needs to spread amongst the squad.

Plus with lots of youth looking like they are going to get some chances to play, its a perfect time to start this with them straight away.

If you think you will lose, you will lose.

Jambof3tornado

For me the manager has to be getting the most out of his squad and he appears to be doing that so far. Also being able to go a goal down but still show the desire to get back into a game and win it.

Time will tell but ffs lets give him time to settle.:)

kissthebadge

Tactics.

Tactics would be nice.

Changing tactics during the game to adapt to the match itself and /or opposition.

Tactics using substitutions, not just like for like to suit PAYP contracts.

Tactics worked-on in training regarding set-pieces, counters etc etc

I have accepted the fact that VR might dictate who makes the squad and who doesn?t, however having a manager in place that can work with what he has got would be delightful.

:107years:I think that even the current squad under shabba could improve immensely on last year. You can see already that the players are more motivated and the fact that people like Mickey Stewart and a few others were getting annoyed with stray passes shows that they care again. We are a long way away from producing performances of the Burley era again consistently, but, look at the gers game last season when we played them off the park with not too far off our current best 11. I just want to see the 11 that goes out on the pitch every week doing the maroon jersey proud. I would also like to see the huge travelling support back and getting right behind the team, players respond to the crowd and as we have seen at tynie, it can make a huge difference when everyone busts a lung signing from start to finish. The semi against hibs proves my point, we were the 12th man.:107years:

Archived