Niemi

LeylandJambo

LeylandJambo

Just read in an English newspaper that Niemi is surplus to requirements now at Fulham. We could do a lot worse than bring him back IMO

Just read in an English newspaper that Niemi is surplus to requirements now at Fulham. We could do a lot worse than bring him back IMO

Not me,id rather remember the Niemi of old...not an old Niemi!

heartsfc_fan

He's like the same age (there abouts) as Banks.

Whats the point in bringing him back?

LeylandJambo

He's 36 apparently we would get up to 3 years out of him

Snake Plissken

How about the fact he's twice the player Banks is?

read on another thread he's about to go under the knife with a dodgy hans krankel...............I'd have him in a minute if he was fit-IMO best ever JT's goalie!

Banks is a decent enough goalie. Niemi was far better when we had him, but he was starting to look dodgy when he was playing for Fulham last season and either way, I'd like to see us sign someone younger.

To quote someone on the radio......

"He's Finnish".............."No, he's only 29 (?, then).

As much as I like him, I don't believe in going backwards. However, there are always exceptions to the rule.

I'd rather see a long-term replacement come in.

As this looks as though it will be a season of bedding in younger talent now would be the time to give one of the youngsters and extended run.

LeylandJambo
read on another thread he's about to go under the knife with a dodgy hans krankel...............I'd have him in a minute if he was fit-IMO best ever JT's goalie!

what about Smith, Cruickshank?

heartsfc_fan
How about the fact he's twice the player Banks is?

Never said Banks is better than him (because he isn't) I just don't believe in signing someone that age.

We should be looking at someone younger, fitter who can last.

this_is_my_story

He's either the same age, there or thereabouts, as Banks, or he's not - no need for the 'like'. Please don't take this personally, but why the **** do people use the word 'like' when it is both completely unnecessary and very annoying!!! Possibly even more annoying when typed!!

E.g. "I was, like, on my way into town when..."

Please realise how American/gay/retarded this sounds, and act accordingly.

Thankyou, rant over!!

Re Niemi, I reckon a keeper of his class would still do a good job in the SPL, wouldn't want to be paying him silly money though.

heartsfc_fan
He's either the same age, there or thereabouts, as Banks, or he's not - no need for the 'like'. Please don't take this personally, but why the **** do people use the word 'like' when it is both completely unnecessary and very annoying!!! Possibly even more annoying when typed!!

Thankyou, rant over!!

Re Niemi, I reckon a keeper of his class would still do a good job in the SPL, wouldn't want to be paying him silly money though.

I'm from the younger generation mate ;) bare with me

Thankyou, rant over!!

Niemi is in the same age bracket as Banks.

Is that better?

what about Smith, Cruickshank?

I saw both Cruickshank & Smith regularly. I doubt anyone would ever claim Henry was a truly great keeper? He was a good keeper, with faults. Cruickie was, without doubt a much better keeper than Henry, not world class, but certainly one of the best Hearts have had. For me however Jim was just a bit small for a GK, others (for example Bill Duff who is more expert than I) may disagree.

As for Niemi ? he?s the best GK, I have ever seen.

LeylandJambo
I saw both Cruickshank & Smith regularly. I doubt anyone would ever claim Henry was a truly great keeper? He was a good keeper, with faults. Cruickie was, without doubt a much better keeper than Henry, not world class, but certainly one of the best Hearts have had. For me however Jim was just a bit small for a GK, others (for example Bill Duff who is more expert than I) may disagree.

As for Niemi ? he?s the best GK, I have ever seen.

I also saw both play and i have to say that i never seen anybody better at a cross ball than Cruickshank

Ray Winstone

Although this has been done to death already.....

Niemi would still do a cracking job for us at least for a couple of seasons!

Anybody who thinks he is past it is kidding themselves.

He is better than any other keeper outside the OF and I would say also better than Mcgregor.

this_is_my_story
Niemi is in the same age bracket as Banks.

Is that better?

That is like, so much better. Totally awesome, dude.;)

this_is_my_story
I'm from the younger generation mate ;)bare with me

You young yins aren't too shy eh!:laugh:

Our manager said he's looking for a Goalkeeper. He also said he's looking for leaders and people who can communicate on the park. Niemi would fit the bill perfectly!

If there were no other options, then maybe, but he has been sidelined with injury. I did see him quite a bit last season (tv) and the commentaters didn't like him that much, which made me look closer at him. He's still a great shot stopper, but a little less mobile than what we saw. Cross balls especially, however, keepers tend to stay on their line more than in years gone by.

We all know what he was capable of when he was at Tynecastle as he was class. No doubt.

As we have Banksy who has vocal authority and seems to enjoy his coaching back up role, then I say, when the day comes, use the younger lads. They'll learn a lot from him.

John S.......In those days, we used to say, no need for a tall keeper as it would take them a long time to get down for a ball. Cruikie was just the best at that time and in the team that was, made him outstanding.

In a way, it's like saying who is the better golfer. Nicklaus or Woods. Unless they are playing side by side with the same equipment, ther's no way of telling.

Bring back Cruikie to Tynie campaign........Let's get the party started!

Archived