Obua - hope you watched Caddis last night

davieholt

Until a young scottish player has a run of good form lasting more than 6 months i'll reserve judgement. Young players can appear to be very good initially but then it all goes to their head and they end up guff.

OUr own Lee Wallace being a good example.

portobellojambo1
Obua - hope you watched Caddis last night
Honestly not sure of the significance or the connection between Obua and some young plastic paddy that has just played for Plastic Paddies Inc.

loveofthegame
Hate to say it but looks like Celtic have found a gem here. :(

He has looked excellent in the games i've seen him in. He's Scottish right?

Not sure about his nationality but in reply to Portobello's point, if Obuo is going to be our left back then Caddis should be part of his homework

Not sure about his nationality but in reply to Portobello's point, if Obuo is going to be our left back then Caddis should be part of his homework

You've not even seen Obua play yet. Maybe once you have then Obua might be part of Caddis's homework?!

Anyone think Caddis will get a regular start for them? Thinking "dream team" choices here

I agree that every game I have seen in him he has looked better than the person he replaced - whether at right back or right midfield.

I guess Nakamura and Hinkel will always be ahead but Hinkel doesnt offer much IMO

Hmmmm......young Scottish(?) talent at either of the old firm............usually means splinters on their erchie.

portobellojambo1

With regard to Obua doing homework, I would like to hope he just gets on with playing football and leaves the homework side to the coach, his assistant and whoever goes to watch the opposition on behalf of HMFC.

You've not even seen Obua play yet. Maybe once you have then Obua might be part of Caddis's homework?!

Good point :)

Seymour M Hersh
Hate to say it but looks like Celtic have found a gem here. :(

A gem like say, David Marshall?

Honestly not sure of the significance or the connection between Obua and some young plastic paddy that has just played for Plastic Paddies Inc.

Especially when oor Davey will be playing just behind the striker. ;)

Seymour M Hersh
Especially when oor Davey will be playing just behind the striker. ;)

Ha ha! Welcome Mr Abua to the culture shock that will be Scottish football!!:)

I love giving foreign folks proper scottish names. Best ever was livi "legend"

Guillermo Amor = Billy Love

Anyone else got any good ones?

CornhillHearts

Caddis is an excellent player no such comparison can be made as nobody knows where David will play not even Kenny.

Caddis is an excellent player no such comparison can be made as nobody knows where David will play not even Kenny.

You've backed my point up well. cheers.

Rudolf's Mate
Hmmmm......young Scottish(?) talent at either of the old firm............usually means splinters on their erchie.

Or finding a 25 times removed grand parent from Ireland!!!

Charlie-Brown

Celtic have several really good young players but it's difficult for them to get first team games when their fans demand & expect big name signings & ready-made players.

Hearts have lots of good young players as well & hopefully they will get their chances.

tommythejambo

Excellent isn't a word I'd use. he's only played about 5 games for Celtic, how can you say he is excellent?

It's only a matter of time before he is plying his trade in a lower league, down south.

Like McGeady ;)

Wonder if his Gran's next door neighbour's budgie was bought in Ireland too :mad:

Celtic have several really good young players but it's difficult for them to get first team games when their fans demand & expect big name signings & ready-made players.

A good point and something we all know that happens at most big clubs with money.

Not that i give a feck about Celtic, but for the general football argument it`s sad.

IMO there`s 3 things that hold back young homebred players A) as NMH says above B) lack of trust and confidence from the manager C) unfortunately alot of young scots players can`t handle a bit good press and the temptations away from football.

Era Macaroons
A good point and something we all know that happens at most big clubs with money.

Not that i give a feck about Celtic, but for the general football argument it`s sad.

IMO there`s 3 things that hold back young homebred players A) as NMH says above B) lack of trust and confidence from the manager C) unfortunately alot of young scots players can`t handle a bit good press and the temptations away from football.

I agree (honest!) and would also add that when those good young players DONT make it through to regular 1st team action, they view moving to another SPL club as 'failure' and cant wait to move to a middling sized English Club to 'give it another shot'.

jamboinheaven
I love giving foreign folks proper scottish names. Best ever was livi "legend"

Guillermo Amor = Billy Love

Anyone else got any good ones?

terry henry

jamboinglasgow
I agree (honest!) and would also add that when those good young players DONT make it through to regular 1st team action, they view moving to another SPL club as 'failure' and cant wait to move to a middling sized English Club to 'give it another shot'.

I say the problem is more they go to the Old firm in the blind belief that they are there cos the old firm want them to play every week.

For me the best situation for young scottish players to desire to go to the French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Dutch or Spanish league. They would benefit them alot.

Celtic will bring through 1 player who will stay in the team every two years if they are lucky. It is easier for them to buy a player developed by another team then to bring a player through who will be in a risky posistion.

Archived