Saturday and the trest of the season.

thewanderer

thewanderer

As little as a month ago i was dreading the new season. We didn't have a manager, some of our top players were talking of leaving and we looked like a club in disarray.

One month later and how things have changed, we have a new manager who is saying all the right things, all talk of our best players has disappeared and one of our best young talents has signed a new contract and we're looking more stable than we have in a long time.

Add to this the fact that the hobo's are on the verge of doing a hearts of recent years, rangers are in a complete mess and most of their fans want their manager out before the first league game of the season and things are beginning to look rosy again.

Don't get me wrong, things could go tits up once again but i can't help feeling that things are finally going to settle down at Tynie. Romanov has publicly said that he is going to take a step back (which can only be a good thing) and its quite easy to get carried away.

However, the same as in anything in life there will always be people (hearts fans included) who will want Csaba to fail so they can have a go at Romanov but i can deal with that.

One wish for the coming season though is that Jambos give the players a chance and if one or two of them start making mistakes then we will let it slide. The worst thing i hear every week at Tynie is Jambos getting on the backs of the players when they make a mistake.

Anyway, back to Saturday. I think that it is going to be a close game as we don't have a lot of goals in the team just yet but that we will win 1 or 2 nil as our defence is solid as is the midfield.

Sorry if i have gone on a bit but i'm just excited about another season supporting the MIGHTY JT'S !!!!

Come on the Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the fans will give the players the backing they deserve,if the effort and will to win is what it should be (unlike the majority of last season) i think big strides will be made.

One word of caution though,please dont expect too much too soon.

marshallschunkychicken

I'm with Stevie on this one.

I don't want to see a massive backlash from disappointed fans if we do get beaten by Motherwell on Saturday.

The Future's Maroon

Its not the end of the world if we lose against 'Well on Saturday and I hope there is no major backlash either....time HAS to be given?

I have looked over the first few fixtures and to be honest at the moment they seem a fairly good start for us? Unless of course the of last season turns up , we should be looking at getting a decent haul of points before what I see as a very tough little run starting 18th October when we face Hibs(a), Aberdeen(h) and then Celtic(a).

Of course we have Uefa Cup bound Motherwell (and a certain manager) first off, but at least that game is at Tynecastle....raising a major point - we need to be looking to make it the fortress it once was. Of course a tough opening game in my book, but one we should be looking to collect three points from?

Then we travel throught to Ibrox to face Rangers, in years gone by teams (not just) have feared going to the big two and taken a cautious approach....I think things have changed in the last couple of years as teams seem to attack more and with Rangers not looking their strongest at the moment I would like to hope we can get something from the game....not the end of the world if we don't but in my book in we did lose at Ibrox it becomes imperaitive that we beat them in the retun fixture at Tynecastle?

Then we play St Mirren(h), Hamilton(a) Falkirk(a) and ICT (h) - a good chance to keep pace with the top of the table and who knows depending on results a chance to lead the top.....its not impossible when you look at it?

Then its a trip to, my tip to do very very well this season, Dundee Utd? I fancy them to get a least a cup and to be challenging for 2nd - 4th - and Tannidice is certainly not a very good hunting ground for us so maybe a draw would be seen as a good result there?

Then Killie and JJ come to Tynecastle, a game I expect us to win. Then we start the difficult run I mentioned at the start of the post.

Its not unbelievable to see us right up at the right end of the table come the start of November when Celtic come calling (1st Nov).

Of cousre all of the above depends on a lot of things happening, the main one being consistancy - something we have not had for a while unless you call losing loads of games in a row toward the end of last season as being consistant?!!!

Other things we'll need is stability, it been said for long enough and it finally looks like we could be about to get it with 'Mr Lov-er-man........shabba' in charge. The players are falling over themselves to praise him and his methods in the press since he has came in, Vlad has even vowed to stay out of team matters and lets hope he does. Now we even have an assit manager (chosen by the manager) and signings are starting to come in the door with Obua getting his work permit.....hopefully the first of 4/5 really good additions - as I think thats what we need.

Of course new players are needed, but to be fair to what we have already there are very good players already at Tynecastle but unfortunately they have just been mis-coached/trained, so to be fair they deserve a fresh start...you never know some players who we rated as mince last year may turn out to be very good performers this season...I am not going to name any names as most were mince last season?

Its been made clear that the youth will be the way to go and we do have some absolutley cracking players coming through and with the right guidence and coaching some of them could make the break into the first team this season.

Ok, so yes I just typed a very positive preview to the season something I wasn't sure I'd be doing say three months ago? There is a chance we can do well this season, qualify for European Football and maybe win a cup? I still think we are no-where near the OF and cant see them being a target. Although, I think the battle for 3rd-6th this season will be gripping?

TFM

didnt want to start a new thread so added onto this one as is related to fans/backing etc. Its that old chesnut about ST and renewals.

Obviously there were many many threads about this but we have moved on in recent times and IIRC the main reasons for non renewals were no manager, no signings, would manager get to bring in his own men etc etc.

I think Csaba talks well and from all reports seems to know what he is about although only competitive games can prove that. he has also brought in Obua which is his signing given the background and also Werner Burger as his no2 and again for the same reasons it is his appointment. Added to the fact one or two high earning wasters have left and he has made clear intent about the fitness of certain other then I for one feel we are going in the right direction.

Unsure about ST sales as differing figures banded about but say we had 13,500 last year and this year only 11,000 which will be not far away then I would be interested to know what others feel needs to be done to convince them to renew. I know loads have said they will go and pick and choose so the attendance may not be too far away from last season.

Not in any way a criticism of anyone as you pay your money and make your choices just keen to find out the opinions of non renewers that feel the club need to do more. And yes everyone in the ground should get right behind those wearing the maroon jersey

I'm looking forward to it but i'm a little concerned that we have only signed one player and more of last seasons lot have not been shown the door. It's been obvious where our squad is lacking so why has no-one been brought in apart from Obua who is not even going to play? We take far too long to do anything.

On the positive side, I think we will beat Motherwell 1-0. Csaba will have Larry firing on all cylinders and if we score first, Well without Ross McCormack will struggle to get back into the game. I'd feel much better about the game if we had Nade and Obua fit and ready to start on Saturday.

I hope that we will be better than last year.

It is hard to imagine a worse 'manager' than we had last year.

Even though the squad has been reduced in quality again - and is now very poor - I expect that we will improve in the league on last year. But we need 5 or 6 first team players to ensure top 6, and about 7-8 to ensure top 3 - and 15 to challenge for the title!

Archived