Abbey Mill, Cambuskenneth

neave

Evening, folks. I'm after a flat in the area above or next term - I know it's a pretty sought after area and I'm not able to view it 'til Friday. It looks like a bloody nice flat and I have a feeling we'll lose it if we don't take it ASAP.

I'm after anyone who lives in or around the area who can just confirm the place is as good as it looks as I know the photies on letting agents' sites can be deceptive. Any insight into general room size (i.e. tiny, wee, no' bad etc), storage space, bus links etc etc would be greatly appreciated.

I know it's a bit of a long shot but, hey, this is KB.

Average size

Thanks mate - was in the area and wandered down myself today to peer into the bottom floor flat. Everything seems fine, although anything is better than the 'flat' I was in last year.

Just out of interest, has anyone ever taken a place without being taken round it? I fancy just phoning up the agency just now saying we'll take it as I've got a bad feeling we'll lose it by the time we view it at 5 tomorrow.

To quote Cartman, "Sweeeet".

Now, all I need to know is where the hell Cambuskenneth is located :P

It sounds like somewhere a prison would be. "Aye, he got 6 years in Cambuskenneth."

The flat itself is technically in Stirling, but is a baw hair from the wee footbridge leading into Cambuskenneth. Hope that clears things up :D

How's the knee by the way, mate?

Aye, or somewhere you would get raped while on a camping trip. Could kinda go hand in hand with the prison thing...

It's fecking killing me, mate. Got my first physio appointment tomorrow and then 8 straight days of work...feck knows how I'll manage that!

Aye, or somewhere you would get raped while on a camping trip. Could kinda go hand in hand with the prison thing...

It's fecking killing me, mate. Got my first physio appointment tomorrow and then 8 straight days of work...feck knows how I'll manage that!

I'm sure you'll, ahem, somehow find a way to cope.....

Self-medication, eh? Think I may have to...resort to that, as much as it is against all my morals, beliefs and ideals.

Ah feck lying, bong me, sir!

chester copperpot

I'm surprised you haven't been told to hold off for a while by our 'Experts' on here Neave.

I say go for it. I'm building an extra 3 bedrooms and public room to my mansion next year (granted its in the weeg) but its far better paying for something you own if you get the right price.

theAlvasection

Did the plumbing in some of those flats,very nice finishings for the time if I remember correctly.Cambuskenneth is a nice wee place just below the Wallace monument. P.S I know a brickie who lives in those flats and his name is Willie Dick!!

coppercrutch
I'm surprised you haven't been told to hold off for a while by our 'Experts' on here Neave.

I say go for it. I'm building an extra 3 bedrooms and public room to my mansion next year (granted its in the weeg) but its far better paying for something you own if you get the right price.

The mention of the letting agency would indicate the OP is renting this flat. Hence no need to give advice in this case. They have made the correct decision already. :)

Boaby Ewing
The mention of the letting agency would indicate the OP is renting this flat. Hence no need to give advice in this case. They have made the correct decision already. :)

Studying at Stirling? Hardly.

:rolleyes:

Archived