the times they are a changing

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I have been thinking about this for the past week and to me things are changing in the vlad pyramid or more to be percise Hearts and Kaunas.

Lets take the obvious, Hearts. New manager, non-pyramid manager. Has brought in his own assitant (who is not another pyramid coach.) Already signed his own player. The manager has said the things which hearts fans have been screaming for the past two seasons. Team looks improved and though there are still a few players that need to be emptied but the emphasis is on youth through the academy mixed with players who can provide experence for younger players. Happier players, brighter outlook and hopefully better results.

Kaunas have also had a new manager put in. Now quite a few fans on this board argue the problem with the pyramid system is that there is not enough quality at Kaunas (and Ripo) to be a worthwhile system. But this new manager could change this around. One of the (supposed) candidates for the hearts job during the summer (cant remember the name) said that Kaunas did not have enough quality even though he admired the idea of a pyramid system. But I feel that a manager has been brought in who has had some pedigree in portugal to change that. A manager who is outside the pyramid, non-eastern european, an unusual step for vlad. To me this could be a major step, it will be interesting to see how long he remains in the job but if he stays for a few seasons then Kaunas could change and develop good lithuanian players which would work well in the SPL. But things need to be changed.

I think the signs are things are changing. Vlad prefers people who he trusts but he has choosen two managers outside his circle of trust to run the two biggest clubs in his three club pyramid. Ones that could potentialy turn the clubs into succesful clubs and ones that develop their countries respective youth footballers into decent or great players. Now I know AK and AC are still at hearts and to peope they will never be thinking that vlad has changed until they are gone but to me Ak will always be there as vlad needs to check what is happening on the football side of hearts and as long as AK doesn't interefere with Csaba. AC was brought in to provide at least one football coach while we had no manager. I dont know where people got that he upset the players, all I know was that his tactics were hit or miss from the 4-2 victory of Rangers to the defeat against celtic, Dun Utd etc. I think if Csaba thinks he works well as a coach then I will listen to Csaba.

So as bob dylan sang the times, they are a changing in the vlad empire, or so I think.

I hope your right. The pyramid 'system' has been holding us back in past seasons but if we use it properly the advantages could be great.

Who knows how it will pan out

But I did mention earlier today that maybe Vlads plan with Couceiro is to raise standards at Kaunas.

Now whether that is to the ultimate benefit of Hearts or is even intended to benefit Hearts, who knows?

Maybe Vlad actually looked at Artmedia when talking to Weiss and thought - actually I'd be easier getting Kaunas into the Champs league than Hearts.

Maybe his focus has changed so that Hearts financially support Kaunas through developing young players for onward sale.

Who knows

Graham Thomson
I have been thinking about this for the past week and to me things are changing in the vlad pyramid or more to be percise Hearts and Kaunas.

Lets take the obvious, Hearts. New manager, non-pyramid manager. Has brought in his own assitant (who is not another pyramid coach.) Already signed his own player. The manager has said the things which hearts fans have been screaming for the past two seasons. Team looks improved and though there are still a few players that need to be emptied but the emphasis is on youth through the academy mixed with players who can provide experence for younger players. Happier players, brighter outlook and hopefully better results.

Kaunas have also had a new manager put in. Now quite a few fans on this board argue the problem with the pyramid system is that there is not enough quality at Kaunas (and Ripo) to be a worthwhile system. But this new manager could change this around. One of the (supposed) candidates for the hearts job during the summer (cant remember the name) said that Kaunas did not have enough quality even though he admired the idea of a pyramid system. But I feel that a manager has been brought in who has had some pedigree in portugal to change that. A manager who is outside the pyramid, non-eastern european, an unusual step for vlad. To me this could be a major step, it will be interesting to see how long he remains in the job but if he stays for a few seasons then Kaunas could change and develop good lithuanian players which would work well in the SPL. But things need to be changed.

I think the signs are things are changing. Vlad prefers people who he trusts but he has choosen two managers outside his circle of trust to run the two biggest clubs in his three club pyramid. Ones that could potentialy turn the clubs into succesful clubs and ones that develop their countries respective youth footballers into decent or great players. Now I know AK and AC are still at hearts and to peope they will never be thinking that vlad has changed until they are gone but to me Ak will always be there as vlad needs to check what is happening on the football side of hearts and as long as AK doesn't interefere with Csaba. AC was brought in to provide at least one football coach while we had no manager. I dont know where people got that he upset the players, all I know was that his tactics were hit or miss from the 4-2 victory of Rangers to the defeat against celtic, Dun Utd etc. I think if Csaba thinks he works well as a coach then I will listen to Csaba.

So as bob dylan sang the times, they are a changing in the vlad empire, or so I think.

Good Post

But I did mention earlier today that maybe Vlads plan with Couceiro is to raise standards at Kaunas.

Now whether that is to the ultimate benefit of Hearts or is even intended to benefit Hearts, who knows?

Maybe Vlad actually looked at Artmedia when talking to Weiss and thought - actually I'd be easier getting Kaunas into the Champs league than Hearts.

Maybe his focus has changed so that Hearts financially support Kaunas through developing young players for onward sale.

Who knows

Maybe Couceiro is there with a view to eventually becoming Hearts Manager in the event that Csaba turns out not to be successful or gets another offer he can't refuse.

jamboinglasgow

Who knows

actully if Kaunas did the unthinkable and got into the group stages (not impossible) then that may help to add value to the kaunas players and maybe sell them on.

Maybe Couceiro is there with a view to eventually becoming Hearts Manager in the event that Csaba turns out not to be successful or gets another offer he can't refuse.

agreed - more probable than my original scenario, totally agree

actully if Kaunas did the unthinkable and got into the group stages (not impossible) then that may help to add value to the kaunas players and maybe sell them on.

agree with this as well

Zaliukas, for example would clearly increase his value defending stoutly ;) against Champs League teams than he will in the SPL

If Kaunas do get the CL groups I cant see any of the Kaunas loanee boys still being around here, not until Xmas.

I'm not sure how critical I would be of that to be honest.

Archived