Raining

hughesie27

It hasn't stopped raining all day! Can't remember it doing that for a long time.

My bed is below a ceiling window and the light battering of the drops against the glass are pretty soothing.

The pavement outside resembles a small river though.

Doctor FinnBarr
It hasn't stopped raining all day! Can't remember it doing that for a long time.

My bed is below a ceiling window and the light battering of the drops against the glass are pretty soothing.

The pavement outside resembles a small river though.

I've been moist all day!

:P

Doctor FinnBarr
Every girl I've glanced at said the same

No, I really have been moist all day! In fact I was so moist and pashed off I told the gaffer I was taking my last 2 days of employment off to "job hunt"!

:confused:

No, I really have been moist all day! In fact I was so moist and pashed off I told the gaffer I was taking my last 2 days of employment off to "job hunt"!

:confused:

How did it go?

In the same position myself, obviously in your situation it's a bit different circumstances.

Had a quick look online for half an hour this afternoon. Crap.

The weather in this country is abysmal. Imagine coming on holiday here and putting up with this?

The weather in this country is abysmal. Imagine coming on holiday here and putting up with this?

to be honest, you don't come on holiday here expecting Costa Del Scotch.

It's still been a pretty decent summer, much better than last year!

Doctor FinnBarr
How did it go?

In the same position myself, obviously in your situation it's a bit different circumstances.

Had a quick look online for half an hour this afternoon. Crap.

At least security offer free uniforms! I could be a jobsworth, just a bummer the traffic wardens job in Bathgate had been filled!

:(

heartsfc_fan

Agreed weather a right bummer today :mad: got soaked going to work. Had to be an idiot and stand in the toilets under the drier for about 5 mins to dry off. Security guard came and...basically I said..."don't ask...."

one of those moments I guess :rolleyes:

I like it. Was in Stirling today trying to sort out some flats, then up town back here and loved it - I went to the bus stop and chose not to stand in the shelter and deliberately walked to one further away.

Walking in the rain rocks.

I like it. Was in Stirling today trying to sort out some flats, then up town back here and loved it - I went to the bus stop and chose not to stand in the shelter and deliberately walked to one further away.

Walking in the rain rocks.

When you get to that age it's the simple things in life...

coppercrutch

:eek:

I love lying in bed listening to the rain hit off my window and even watching it run down my window it is really soothing. :)

Doctor FinnBarr
I love lying in bed listening to the rain hit off my window and even watching it run down my window it is really soothing. :)

Weirdo:confused:

I'd be enjoying the sound of the rain a bit more if the missus wasn't snoring away here.

I'd be enjoying the sound of the rain a bit more if the missus wasn't snoring away here.

Throw something at her. ****ing do it.

You know you want to.

I'm sure we had a conversation about the best way to wake someone up a while ago.

What was the end result again?

Walter Payton
I'm sure we had a conversation about the best way to wake someone up a while ago.

What was the end result again?

Hand in a warm bucket of water?

Judge Reinhold
Why?

:hobofish:

Hobo?

You are a ****ing comedian arn't you:rofl:

I just didnt see the need to respond to such a harmless comment with the word "weirdo"

Harsh no?

Doctor FinnBarr
Hobo?

You are a ****ing comedian arn't you:rofl:

I just didnt see the need to respond to such a harmless comment with the word "weirdo"

Harsh no?

Harsh, yes.:dribble:

At least security offer free uniforms! I could be a jobsworth, just a bummer the traffic wardens job in Bathgate had been filled!

:(

Shoooorreeeely No:eek:

STILL raining. Woke me at 5.30am hitting the trees in the garden :mad:

Started to read 2 miles to Tynecastle cos I couldnt get back to sleep...Was saving it to read next week when Im of... Oh well off to squelch to work ...

Theres carnage at Haymarket. All the trains are up the wall!

Delays and cancellations, how the feck am I gonna get to work?

portobellojambo1
Theres carnage at Haymarket. All the trains are up the wall!

Delays and cancellations, how the feck am I gonna get to work?

Phone your employers, explain the situation, and ask them to provide transport, i.e. stand the cost of a taxi (if they want and need you at your desk they will do it).

Looks like I took a good fortnight off, I am just sitting here looking out the window, trying to determine at what hour I think the Figgate Burn will burst its banks in Portobello for the first time since we moved in here, which must be about 18 years ago.

Phone your employers, explain the situation, and ask them to provide transport, i.e. stand the cost of a taxi (if they want and need you at your desk they will do it).

Looks like I took a good fortnight off, I am just sitting here looking out the window, trying to determine at what hour I think the Figgate Burn will burst its banks in Portobello for the first time since we moved in here, which must be about 18 years ago.

Good thing is, I work on the trains! They will already know I am fecked, they wont get me a taxi, that is for sure.

Does this put the match on Saturday in doubt?

True, but if I went to New York, for example, and it poured with rain for days on end, it would ruin my holiday.

Probably a bit better than last year, but a "pretty decent summer"?????:wacko:

Ach feck, Im supposed to be getting the train from Aberdeen to Edinburgh on friday. Have the closed the lines yet or is everything just running late (no change there then)?

portobellojambo1
Good thing is, I work on the trains! They will already know I am fecked, they wont get me a taxi, that is for sure.

Does this put the match on Saturday in doubt?

Depends very much on how good the drainage system is beneath the park. It has been raining heavily, and it has been prolonged, but if the groundsmen have been working hard and the ground beneath Tynecastle drains quickly I don't see the game being cancelled (although BBC Weather's 5 day forecast suggests the weather is not due to change until Sunday, but weathermen have a habit of making a bit of a shop front of predictions).

maroonlegions
"A chap could lose his bearings in weather like this"

Rik - The Young Ones.

or even, "who's bill", Neil , after Mikes comment on seeing bills that were on the floor when they moved in.:107years:

maroonlegions

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Weather RSS 3 Day Forecast Feeds 3 day forecast feed

Weather RSS Observation Feed Latest observations feed

Current Nearest Observations:

cloudy 12?C

NE (10 mph)

Relative Humidity (%): 98,

Pressure (mB): 1007, Rising,

Visibility: Poor

View this forecast in Fahrenheit

You are now viewing BBC Weather's five day forecast for Edinburgh, United Kingdom.View BBC Weather's 24 hour forecast for Edinburgh, United Kingdom.

BBC Weather five day forecast headings:

Column heading: Summary Column heading: Maximum day and minimum night temperatures in Celsius (?C) Column heading: Wind (mph - Miles per hour) Column heading: Visibility Column heading: Pressure (mB - Millibars) Column heading: Relative Humidity (% - Percent) Column heading: UV index Column heading: Pollution

Symbol key

(Help!)

Please move your mouse over a symbol to view its description.

Thursday

Sunrise 05:28 (BST)

Sunset 21:10 (BST)

Thursday's predominant weather is forecast to be light rain.:rolleyes:

14?C

8?C

Thursday's wind direction: North North Easterly Wind.12

moderate 1007 93

Thursday's UV index risk: 1.

Thursday's atmospheric pollution: Low.

Friday

Sunrise 05:30 (BST)

Sunset 21:08 (BST)

Friday's predominant weather is forecast to be sunny intervals.:)

17?C

9?C

Friday's wind direction: Northerly Wind.8

moderate 1012 55

Friday's UV index risk: 2.

Friday's atmospheric pollution: Low.

Saturday

Sunrise 05:32 (BST)

Sunset 21:05 (BST)

Saturday's predominant weather is forecast to be heavy rain.:eek:

14?C

11?C

Saturday's wind direction: South Easterly Wind.13

poor 1003 89

Saturday's UV index risk: 1.

Saturday's atmospheric pollution: Low.

well if they are right about Saturdays forecast then its nae new Hearts top on without the jacket:mad:, could be in for a soaking at the match and thats just getting there.:(

Archived