For every star like Velicka there are duds

freddiemac

Anybody read the article in the daily record ,friday july 24th

"Romanov has offered Csaba any Kaunas player he fancies, but for every star like Velicka there are duds like Mikolunos and Pilibaitis"

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP

"Romanov has offered Csaba any Kaunas player he fancies, but for every star like Velicka there are duds like Mikolunos and Pilibaitis"

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP

I bet the blame will be on Velicka now!

loveofthegame

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP

No you couldn't, because its true.

Although i wonder if after last night der Hun think of Velicka as a 'star'...

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP

Pilibitis is murder. If you honestly think he's a player then you should stop following football!

Miko you can see has some footballing ability in his body yet he has made little impact on the SPL since he arrived year several years ago.

Velicka is pretty much the only one you could say has made a (positive) impact in Scotland. I'd argue for every Velicka there are 5 Kaunas duds.

Thunderstruck

Don't forget that when Velicka arrived he was usually described as a did or, usually, something less savoury.

He won over a few after Easter Road but it was only when his goal scoring total climbed that he became a "legend".

The point..... Some dismiss all Kaunus/Lithuanian players without giving them benefit of the doubt or a chance to prove themselves.

Velicka started scoring goals pretty much right away. Although he isn't a great player he will score goals at this level (SPL) and would maybe do a job in the Championship although would be pretty average in that division. Hearts will be stuck with the rest because Rangers and Celtic wont be coming in to sign Zaliukas and Mikoluinas.

This is where Mad Vlad's masterplan falls down because nobody is going to pay 4 or 5 million for these players. Velicka is mediocre yet is the best they have.

The Wicker Man

Velicka was the only Kaunus player who had a decent debut - good goal against OhSusanah at Murrayfield.

IMO some of the Kaunus player were never given a fair chance either by the fans or management. Benny was thrown in at the deep end against Hibs - had one poor game and never had any confidence since.

Greedy_Jambo

In my opinion velicka isn't a great player, but he's a good striker, those 2 goals against celtic were f...ing fantastic. Like other good players that have moved to the old firm , boyd, gow, riordan ect, they need games! they need to be playing every week to improve.. but they don't..they sit and rott. Thats partly why our national team can't get in to a tournament to save itself.

Don't forget that when Velicka arrived he was usually described as a did or, usually, something less savoury.

He won over a few after Easter Road but it was only when his goal scoring total climbed that he became a "legend".

The point..... Some dismiss all Kaunus/Lithuanian players without giving them benefit of the doubt or a chance to prove themselves.

Actually as Hand of Turd has pointed out he had a purple patch just after he first arrived Starting with his brace against the Hibs and finishing wiith his goal against Motherwell in a 4-1 win he scored a very respectable 5 goals in 10 games.

However the Motherwell win was the only win in those 10 Appearances. Even his Derby double was in the context of what was generally seen as a disappointing result considering we'd ripped up Dundee United 4-0 the previous week.

I remember doing the sums and figuring out that we seemed to actually do better in the games where Velicka played but failed to score than ones where he did. It was almost as if he was jinxed.

Velicka was the only Kaunus player who had a decent debut - good goal against OhSusanah at Murrayfield.

IMO some of the Kaunus player were never given a fair chance either by the fans or management. Benny was thrown in at the deep end against Hibs - had one poor game and never had any confidence since.

I actually had high hopes for wee Audrey after the Barca game:sad:

I'm willing to give all the players a clean slate. New season, proper manager - they have it all to play for. I think we may yet be surprised by some fo the Lithuanian players...

Pilibitis is murder. If you honestly think he's a player then you should stop following football!

Miko you can see has some footballing ability in his body yet he has made little impact on the SPL since he arrived year several years ago.

Velicka is pretty much the only one you could say has made a (positive) impact in Scotland. I'd argue for every Velicka there are 5 Kaunas duds.

I was only pointing out the original Daily Record story that every Lithuanian was a dummy ,except Velicka . The media hatred against Miko meant he got a mention . I never said i thought Pilibitis was a great player but he had a good game at Ibrox . The punchline in the "Record article" was Pilibitis knocking the huns out while velicka missed a sitter . personally i like Velicka.

But please read a post properly before jumping in with silly replies.

siegementality

Eh, no, try "liked" rather than "legend".

All joking aside.

The main issue there has been with Lithuanian players has been the instant inclusion of many in the team, and retaining their place without merit, or being put in the team at the expense of players that were proving themselves and then retaining their place without merit.

If we have Kaunas squad members, who, get in the team on merit, retain their place on merit, then the system will work

If this means no Kaunas players in the team, so be it

If this means 5 Kaunas players in the team, so be it

It is a problematic issue though, which hasnt been dealt with very well to date, so it should be understood why people are anxious / scathing / whatever about Lithuanian players

All joking aside.

The main issue there has been with Lithuanian players has been the instant inclusion of many in the team, and retaining their place without merit, or being put in the team at the expense of players that were proving themselves and then retaining their place without merit.

If we have Kaunas squad members, who, get in the team on merit, retain their place on merit, then the system will work

If this means no Kaunas players in the team, so be it

If this means 5 Kaunas players in the team, so be it

It is a problematic issue though, which hasnt been dealt with very well to date, so it should be understood why people are anxious / scathing / whatever about Lithuanian players

Don't be so fecking rational.

If any of us think that the Lithuanians aren't up to scratch we're xenophobic Hobos.

the kings dad

I do not see where the claim that Velicka is anything but a dud comes from. Fair enough he scored some great goals for us but as an out and out striker is concerned as he proved last night he is not any where near the class of Robbo or indeed Boyd and missed more sitters than he scored. If he was bought as a play alone centre forward, which is what the blue noses seem to prefer, his work rate does not compare with Kenny Miller. so all in all I am sure Rangers have wasted their money.

Before he started scoring the odd goal for us I can remeber quite clearly all the abuse he received as being a non trying diving !!!!?

Velicka is a dirty, cheating, diving Lith. Remember how he got Darren Barr sent off? Shocking behaviour! A Scottish player would never do that! Typical Hearts player! Cue Yogi Hughes with some comments ..."Shameful - Should be embarrassed - No place in the scottish game......"

Apparently he's better now he's at Rangers?

Archived