Dundee United 3-1

FC Zenit 0-2

Motherwell 1-1

St Mirren 3-0

Aberdeen 0-2

Queen of the South 3-2

FBK Kaunas 0-0

FRB Kaunas 1-2

Six wins out of nineteen games. :laugh: Also apparently haven't won an away game to a top six team since December. If there was anything approaching a credible challenger for second place, they'd be in real trouble.

I reckon another four or so centre halves and maybe a couple of centre forwards should solve their problems. :laugh:

shaun.lawson
Record since late March :

Sporting 0-0

Dundee United 3-3

Sporting 2-0

Partick 2-0 (replay)

Celtic 1-2

St Johnstone 1-1 (aet 4-3 on pens)

Fiorentina 0-0

Celtic 2-3

Fiorentina 0-0 (aet 4-2 on pens)

Hibernian 0-0

Motherwell 1-0

Dundee United 3-1

FC Zenit 0-2

Motherwell 1-1

St Mirren 3-0

Aberdeen 0-2

Queen of the South 3-2

FBK Kaunas 0-0

FRB Kaunas 1-2

Six wins out of nineteen games. :laugh: Also apparently haven't won an away game to a top six team since December. If there was anything approaching a credible challenger for second place, they'd be in real trouble.

I reckon another four or so centre halves and maybe a couple of centre forwards should solve their problems. :laugh:

I think it's more that they were knackered by the final couple of months of last season, and Smith didn't trust the squad players enough to bring them in: meaning key players were out on their feet by the end, and probably aren't properly recovered even now. Rangers had to win the league last season: a bit like McLeish's side of 02/3, they only had the capacity to reach the levels required for one year, but not two - and given they failed, they are now in big trouble, with Celtic's advantage off the field telling ever more.

Pants Shaton

It really wouldn't take much to narrow (even close) the gap; a good manager, team spirit and a few good signings.

I'd desperately love the opportunity to be knocked out of the CL qualifiers again.

doubt our record since March is much better though. Hopefully start the season off well on Saturday though.

In fairness, those brave heroes could've probably beaten Kaunas if the SPL season had been brought forward a month or so. It was having so many friendlies in such a short space of time that killed it for them. :sad:

doubt our record since March is much better though. Hopefully start the season off well on Saturday though.

Obviously our record since March is worse. :confused:

I'm bewildered by this comment. I didn't say that we were better, I said that if there was a credible challenger they'd be in trouble.

This is one of those situations where they are there for the taking.

If Vlad gets his finger out and brings in the players Csaba wants, PERHAPS we could see a repeat of 05/06.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Frankenstein Jambo.

We wont be the team to break Rangers this year. Although i think dundee united will because they seem so orginised under levin

Obviously our record since March is worse. :confused:

I'm bewildered by this comment. I didn't say that we were better, I said that if there was a credible challenger they'd be in trouble.

Interestingly, we have won 8 of our last 19 competitive games:p

Cambo_Jambo

I know it's a complete waste of time and just a pure exercise in fantasy but the Rangers team that's kicking about just now, especially minus Cueller (sp) isn't alot better than the rest of the SPL. For me Celtic are absolute streets ahead. Uncle Watty is going to have to seriously rethink things because it appears that Rangers without Feruson are completely devoid of ideas/ability. Perfect example of this is trying to play Naefeet, ****taker and Thompson in the same team together.

Gigolo-Aunt

Rangers ran out of steam towards the end of last season, still does not take away how honking a pre-season they have had. They were really poor last night, apart from the goal and Handy Andy blasting over, struggling to think of any other chances they created.

Its pretty clear how much they miss Barry Ferguson. Said it before on Kickback, it beggars belief that they have not went out and signed someone who can dictate the play and open doors in the middle of the park. Ferguson injured or not, they BADLY needed to bring someone in for that position.

The implications from last night will be felt on da money front - exepect one or two players to be sold.

ARF

Chick loyal to Sir Walter although he's hurting badly :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7545825.stm

Scottish football - players, media - is a closed shop where nobody will criticise any other Scottish national. Nevin's commentary on the game last night - particularly his failure to criticise Miller - was a classic example.

Scottish football - players, media - is a closed shop where nobody will criticise any other Scottish national. Nevin's commentary on the game last night - particularly his failure to criticise Miller - was a classic example.

Did not see all of the game but as you say Miller was above criticism and any blame for squandering chances was passed on to Velicka.

This is one of those situations where they are there for the taking.

If Vlad gets his finger out and brings in the players Csaba wants, PERHAPS we could see a repeat of 05/06.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Can you imagine if there was decent Hearts, Utd, Motherwell and Aberdeen sides ALL challenging..... with the real possibility of Rangers fighting not to finish 4th or even 5th.....

shaun.lawson
Chick loyal to Sir Walter although he's hurting badly :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7545825.stm

I actually agree with him, to be honest. Even many of us were singing Smith's praises for somehow dragging that team to the UEFA final, and turning Rangers round to such a degree: if he was a terrific manager now, he can't be a bad one now just because many of his players are out of form, still feeling the after effects of last season, or both.

A competent team would get 2nd this season IMO

You'd do worse than putting a tenner on Dundee Utd to finish above Rangers

"But I remain in the manager's gang. Just as I believed in Gordon Strachan after the Celtic lynch mob wanted him hung, drawn and quartered in the heat of a Bratislavan night. Never!!!

Kaunas was Rangers' Artmedia, a roasting on a summer evening on a foreign field where the opposition should have been put the sword with a swagger and a smile. Emm doesnt make sense chick

But three consecutive championships later, the fugitive lives on in some style.

Rangers were about as useful as a cat-flap in an aeroplane in Lithuania. But don't think the manager doesn't know that. Walter Smith hasn't lost the plot, just a football match" Chick the drugs dont work

What a trumpet Chick dung is...

A competent team would get 2nd this season IMO

You'd do worse than putting a tenner on Dundee Utd to finish above Rangers

Yup, and also a struggling Rangers is going to need even more of a leg-up from this country's referees resulting in even more blatant refereeing errors. After CL's comments last year, and the fact that everyone is going to be looking ever more attentively for such bias, expect the sheet to hit the fan at some point during the season.

Gigolo-Aunt
"But I remain in the manager's gang. Just as I believed in Gordon Strachan after the Celtic lynch mob wanted him hung, drawn and quartered in the heat of a Bratislavan night. Never!!!

Kaunas was Rangers' Artmedia, a roasting on a summer evening on a foreign field where the opposition should have been put the sword with a swagger and a smile. Emm doesnt make sense chick

But three consecutive championships later, the fugitive lives on in some style.

Rangers were about as useful as a cat-flap in an aeroplane in Lithuania. But don't think the manager doesn't know that. Walter Smith hasn't lost the plot, just a football match" Chick the drugs dont work

What a trumpet Chick dung is...

There is footage on Youtube of what Smiths thinks of Chick Dung.

I reckon if any team can maintain some consistency this season (win all the games against 'bottom 6 contenders' and pinch points of the OF) then second place would be there for the taking. I'd love it to be Hearts, but just can't see it (YET ;) ) Utd could have a bash

There is footage on Youtube of what Smiths thinks of Chick Dung.

Will check that out once I get home.

Gigolo-Aunt
Will check that out once I get home.

Its taken from after Rangers Euro defeat from around 1994. There are two videos I think.

Chick gets it tight from Archie Knox as well.

You can see poor Chicks heart breaking as he is given the news that he is "Having a fuc*ing nightmare"

Hagar the Horrible

Do you think Martin Bain asked Kaunas for 5% of their ticket money for admin charges:)

shaun.lawson
Its taken from after Rangers Euro defeat from around 1994. There are two videos I think.

Chick gets it tight from Archie Knox as well.

You can see poor Chicks heart breaking as he is given the news that he is "Having a fuc*ing nightmare"

I've seen that: almost ended up feeling sorry for Chick, to be honest! Archie Knox' behaviour especially was quite sinister, I'd say.

Its really quite amusing, in the two reports I have read one goes on about Pilabitis as a Hearts reject, would you not be better to keep quiet about that. To me it seems that if the guy was not good enough for Hearts it makes Rangers even worse that he scored the winner. It also seems to be the trend of the day to criticise the Kaunas stadium, if this had any affect on the outcome, why did Rangers not easily defeat Kaunas at the Garden of Eden now known as Ibrox. I am also curious is a cat flap useful on an aeroplane everywhere other than Lithunia.:confused:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Its really quite amusing, in the two reports I have read one goes on about Pilabitis as a Hearts reject, would you not be better to keep quiet about that. To me it seems that if the guy was not good enough for Hearts it makes Rangers even worse that he scored the winner. It also seems to be the trend of the day to criticise the Kaunas stadium, if this had any affect on the outcome, why did Rangers not easily defeat Kaunas at the Garden of Eden now known as Ibrox. I am also curious is a cat flap useful on an aeroplane everywhere other than Lithunia.:confused:

That's not what he meant, although he worded it poorly. Had he said "Rangers, in Lithuania, were as useful as a catflap on an aeroplane" it would have been clearer.

Interestingly, we have won 8 of our last 19 competitive games:p

Interestingly, we finished eighth last season and I made no comment to the effect that we could challenge Rangers. What are you talking about?

Interestingly, we finished eighth last season and I made no comment to the effect that we could challenge Rangers. What are you talking about?

It was your first sentence that obviously our form was worse than Rangers. Actually, it's not if you look at the last 19 games for each team. That said both teams form is absolute sh***.

I wasn't having a go by the way - when I had a look at our form, I was pretty surprised to discover that theirs was worse. Just wanted to share it, that's all.

It was your first sentence that obviously our form was worse than Rangers. Actually, it's not if you look at the last 19 games for each team. That said both teams form is absolute sh***.

I wasn't having a go by the way - when I had a look at our form, I was pretty surprised to discover that theirs was worse. Just wanted to share it, that's all.

Sorry, got you now. Thought you were making a totally different point.

Archived