Ideal Striker?

Oh the hibees are gay

Oh the hibees are gay

Who would your ideal striker/s you would want to see in a Hearts strip that could bang in those goals we need for a realistic budget we have?

I'd put in a serious offer for Boyd and see if Rankers accepted, if not it would still ruffle a few feathers and give them a taste of there own medicine.

O'Conner would be a decent goalscorer and has prover he can rise to the occasion and has more experience from Russia and the Premiership that would steady him for good season in a Sh*t league comparsant.

Kevin Phillips has just being sold, but for a half decent price he would maybe be allowed to leave, but then again I dont think he'd fancy the SPL. Does anyone know his weekly salary? and how much he was sold for?

would have been

Niculae (?500k)

I like Priskin of watford too but I think finances would rule him out as unrealistic.

All your suggestions are completely unrealistic imo (OP)

Who would your ideal striker/s you would want to see in a Hearts strip that could bang in those goals we need for a realistic budget we have?

I'd put in a serious offer for Boyd and see if Rankers accepted, if not it would still ruffle a few feathers and give them a taste of there own medicine

Is it just me that thinks Boyd would never want to come to us and that rankgers will never sell him to an other SPL team?

Said on another thread, but Clinton Morrison is on a bosman at the moment. He would spank in the goals in the SPL and is in his prime.

Probably top end of the budget, but if there was ?10k a week or so going, I don't think it is a crazy suggestion. It seems he's going to Coventry, who are no great shakes these days (especially if their ambition is set at signing the mighty 'boozy' from hubs).

heartsfc_fan

Somebody like Porter from Motherwell.

Let's be realistic here...

Boyd won't move from Rangers to Hearts...

O'Connor is probably on high wages (same goes for philips) we can't afford...

And then someone like Killen is too injury prone

hearts_crazy
Is it just me that thinks Boyd would never want to come to us and that rankgers will never sell him to an other SPL team?

If I was him i'd want out. Sitting on the bench watching Rangers getting outplayed for 85 minutes knowing he could go on, one chance = goal, and 2-1 down before he finally gets the nod. Walter Smith obviously doesn't rate the guy, he's got loads of competition there now too.

Mind if he'd rather sit on his erse on the Ibrox bench for another season instead of going somewhere he will be almost guaranteed a start every game (Vlad permitting of course) then hell mend him.

I'd like to see him, or someone like him playing for us. Okay he's a one-trick pony, but that one trick is putting the ball in the net. Bottom line is we need a goal scorer and he certainly fits that particular bill.

Destruction Derby

Saw yesterday on sky sports news that Mifsud (sp?) from Coventry had put ina transfer request, he rejected a move to 1 of the Bristol clubs IIRC.

He banged in quite a few goals last season, he could definately do a job for us.Not sure of his age though.

Jambof3tornado

Tullberg and a fit-ter Nade(dont think he will ever be superfit coz he's a large bloke).

If Csaba sees the potential in Tullberg then give him a chance,and I think we will see a better Nade when he gets his chance,also Mole and Glen may play a part in the goalgetting this season,Juho I am still not convinced about,but maybe just maybe he can get some form this season.

Charlie-Brown

Jim Hamilton's experience would help the development of Mole, Glen, Templeton, R.Wallace etc. as well as give us some physical presence up front.

Oh the hibees are gay
would have been

Niculae (?500k)

I like Priskin of watford too but I think finances would rule him out as unrealistic.

All your suggestions are completely unrealistic imo (OP)

Fair enough mine were unrealistic mate, but we do need a Prolific (sp?) Goalscorer similar to the ones i mentioned.

Dean Windass doesn't look a 20 goal a season, but could give us the strength the lad talking about Hamilton was on about, He wouldn't come back to the SPL, when hes just reached the EPL.

Its a tough one, there aint enough players who would downgrade there league, the Championship even has a bigger lure to it nowadays ffs

Oh the hibees are gay

What about Burke or Naismith? both young good players, Rankers will be looking to cut down there wagebill after losing last nights game, and Burke n Naismith are never gonna get into the first team with all they strikers.

Jim Hamilton's experience would help the development of Mole, Glen, Templeton, R.Wallace etc. as well as give us some physical presence up front.

Experience in being a SPL/1st div journeyman. Great, how inspiring.

What about Burke or Naismith? both young good players, Rankers will be looking to cut down there wagebill after losing last nights game, and Burke n Naismith are never gonna get into the first team with all they strikers.

Burkes a winger. Naismith is decent, though probably not the type of striker we need at the present moment as he is more of a second striker.

hearts_crazy
Fair enough mine were unrealistic mate, but we do need a Prolific (sp?) Goalscorer similar to the ones i mentioned.

Dean Windass doesn't look a 20 goal a season, but could give us the strength the lad talking about Hamilton was on about, He wouldn't come back to the SPL, when hes just reached the EPL.

Its a tough one, there aint enough players who would downgrade there league, the Championship even has a bigger lure to it nowadays ffs

No shet, the guy's almost 40 FFS, we might as well go for Ally McCoist. We need someone who is in his mid to late twenties who knows where the net is.

Oh the hibees are gay

I was being sarcastic to the lad that said Jim Hamilton mate, reading it again it actually doesnt come out like that ill pick my words carefully next time :o

Aye he's pure quality n that. Big strong lad, can bully opposition

He's officially a midget. An old one

No shet, the guy's almost 40 FFS, we might as well go for Ally McCoist. We need someone who is in his mid to late twenties who knows where the net is.

Correct. Easier said than done however. Unfortunately the only player who fits this description I can think of is... you guessed it :rolleyes:

I'd say our best bet is a loan from one of the big clubs daaaan saaaath.

A Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs youngster. Arsene has already bloodied a few players up here. I bet he would be more than welcome to send a couple of his youngsters up here.

Saw yesterday on sky sports news that Mifsud (sp?) from Coventry had put ina transfer request, he rejected a move to 1 of the Bristol clubs IIRC.

He banged in quite a few goals last season, he could definately do a job for us.Not sure of his age though.

It was Bristol City and it was the club who rejected him not the other way round. Gary Johnston released a statement the next day saying his attitude lost him a move to the club. He said he is not the type of player he wanted to work with....Sounds perfect for us then!!

On a serious note he would cost a sizable fee and also demand a high wage.

hearts_crazy
Correct. Easier said than done however. Unfortunately the only player who fits this description I can think of is... you guessed it :rolleyes:

Didn't want to open up that particular can of worms again, but you're right. TBH as soon as he started banging them in regularly, and especially if he did it against the wee team people would soon forget what all the fuss was about.

Mare chance of gettin Burke n Hare...Maybe they could dig up a striker.. :rolleyes:

Say What Again
Mare chance of gettin Burke n Hare...Maybe they could dig up a striker.. :rolleyes:

Or find a better use for Clum

Oh the hibees are gay

LOL, maybe mate, but Rankers will maybe do a Hutton and force them out as they'll need a major cut in wages after losing money from Europe.

The guy above who spoke about a loan from the top teams, is an excellent idea and probably one we'll have to do for now untill january, maybe Laszlo has some players up his sleeve he's keen on after saying he's gonna discuss his targets.

I seriously hope so because we need a 20+ goal machine...

chester copperpot

I'd take a Serie A striker on loan from the serie A. He came from Aalborg, who got further than Rangers this season. This guy could be pretty decent.

385783-1.jpg

The way there handing out work permits

514629_mediumsquare.jpg

And on a pay as you play deal(+goal bonus, cup win etc)

0,,10289~3400481,00.jpg

Oh the hibees are gay
chris porter from motherwell
Id Have Porter.

I'd take a Serie A striker on loan from the serie A. He came from Aalborg, who got further than Rangers this season. This guy could be pretty decent.
Id take any loanee from Serie A, La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, or Eredivisie.

385783-1.jpg Im not sure Hleb is a decent player? never seen him play but heard hes rubbish.

The way there handing out work permits

514629_mediumsquare.jpg

Id take this Brazillian, looks a good player.

And on a pay as you play deal(+goal bonus, cup win etc)

0,,10289~3400481,00.jpg

Pinilla even looks nuts. He could've came good this season Vlad's an idiot having paid ?12g a week for 2 seasons plus all the rehab and phsycho bills and we didnt even get to see him have a run in the team.

i think someone like noel hunt frm dundee united would be a good goalscorer however i think he has just signed a new contract there?

i think someone like noel hunt frm dundee united would be a good goalscorer however i think he has just signed a new contract there?

He has just joined his brother at Reading.

Gigolo-Aunt

Dunno if Clinton Morrison has signed for Coventry yet. If not, he is on a free.

Would score goals for fun in the SPL.

Jambo1956usa
I'd say our best bet is a loan from one of the big clubs daaaan saaaath.

A Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs youngster. Arsene has already bloodied a few players up here. I bet he would be more than welcome to send a couple of his youngsters up here.

:107years:

I would love to see him take NEMETH from L/Pool on a year-long loan deal, he's hungarian and Csaba could probably swing it with Benitez if HMFC pay his wages/insurance fees ......... :dribble: NGOG if i was really dreaming, but probably cost a small fortune !!!

Despite some of the baggage that would come with the move, I think Riordan could be the answer, nobody can deny his class and at the moment he is rotting away with Celtic.

As a partner, and this may be more ambitious, I would favour a loan spell for Arsenal's young striker Nicklas Bendtner - not sure our budget would stretch that far.

Jambo1956usa
Despite some of the baggage that would come with the move, I think Riordan could be the answer, nobody can deny his class and at the moment he is rotting away with Celtic.

As a partner, and this may be more ambitious, I would favour a loan spell for Arsenal's young striker Nicklas Bendtner - not sure our budget would stretch that far.

Both good shouts too ...... BENDTNER is quality, but don't think he would come north and lower himself to SPL, he bangs in goals for fun in Prem when he gets a game, this would also apply to NGOG although he has not played in Prem yet ........... NEMETH i think is a possibility though, his national coach was in one of the daily nationals last week stating he hoped he got reg 1st team exposure this season or his development might be effected ... he's not going to play ahead of Torres, Keane, Kuyt, Babel or even NGOG so could be do-able if we made an approach!!

Māris Verpakovskis Dinamo Kiev have already loaned him out twice and i believe he is contracted to the same agency as Larry so.....

Granted he is not as formiddable as he once was but with the right man management i'm ure he would rip this league up for ass paper

Archived