PC Help - Sound recording.

this_is_my_story

this_is_my_story

Looking for a little advice here. Recently had to replace the motherboard in my machine, and had done so without any problems, and installed all the necessary drivers for audio & sound etc from the bundled cd-rom.

Any video I want to watch - I can see it, and any sound I want to hear, I can hear it. Problem is that I can no longer get either of my sound recording programs to work, one is a freeware application (freecorder) and the other is AD Sound reorder, both of which worked perfectly before I changed the motherboard. AD Sound recorder also no longer displays the 'monitor', i.e the sequence of lights the interface displays when it detects music being played on the pc.

Have tried a few variations on a google search of this problem, so far without any joy though... Any help would be appreciated!

Commander Harris

I'm presuming you are using XP.

go to the control panel and select "sound and audio devices" (or if you have categorised views enabled, select "sound, speach and audio devices" then click on "sound and audio devices")

the sound and audio properties screen will appear, select the audio tab.

check that you have a recording device selected, if not chose the appropriate one from the drop down list.

if that doesn't fix it, try updating the sound drivers and repeat the process above.

this_is_my_story
I'm presuming you are using XP.

go to the control panel and select "sound and audio devices" (or if you have categorised views enabled, select "sound, speach and audio devices, then click on "sound and audio devices")

the sound and audio properties screen will appear, select the audio tab.

check that you have a recording device selected, if not chose the appropriate one from the drop down list.

if that doesn't fix it, try updating the sound drivers and repeat the process above.

Yeah I am, I should have said as much in my post.

Thanks for your reply CH, will give this a shot when I get home as I'm using my work pc just now.

Sorry for sounding extra-dumb... but when you mention selecting a recording device from the drop down list, are you referring to one of the programs I've mentioned that I use, or a built-in XP device?

Commander Harris

when you are at home, if you follow the instructions it should be obvious. When it say "recording device" it's really referring to the drivers for the audio installed on your computer.

it will look something like "cmedia 2247xv recording device"

although, obviously with a different manufacturer and model.

this_is_my_story
when you are at home, if you follow the instructions it should be obvious. When it say "recording device" it's really referring to the drivers for the audio installed on your computer.

it will look something like "cmedia 2247xv recording device"

although, obviously with a different manufacturer and model.

Aye, mind it's me we're talking about here!:)

Cheers for the advice, will give it a bash.

Commander Harris

actually, before you do that you might want to check that it's not something as simple as your recording volume being muted!

go to the volume settings and double check that you haven't checked any "mute" boxes on the recording volume and that your recording volume is up.

If that's not the issue then try what I said in my first post.

this_is_my_story
actually, before you do that you might want to check that it's not something as simple as your recording volume being muted!

go to the volume settings and double check that you haven't checked any "mute" boxes on the recording volume and that your recording volume is up.

Fairly sure I've checked that already, will do no harm to double check though.

Cheers again!

this_is_my_story

th_57031_Noname_red_122_346lo.jpg

:o

On a daily basis, I'm thankful for the fact that not everyone is as dozy as I am!!

Cheers Commander Harris! ;)

Commander Harris
th_57031_Noname_red_122_346lo.jpg

:o

On a daily basis, I'm thankful for the fact that not everyone is as dozy as I am!!

Cheers Commander Harris! ;)

he he.

good job I remembered to start with the most simple problem rather than getting you to fiddle with the control panel then. ;)

Archived