Dark Knight: so, what did you think? (contains spoilers)

Alan_R

I noticed there is a dark night thread but it is mainly discussing ideas and expectations before anyone has seen it.

Also didn't want to post in there incase there was any spoilers that might ruin it for people who havn't seen it yet.

So with many probably have seen it by now what did you think?

Great film and some terrific performances I think most will agree. The one thing that ruined it for me would be Harvey 'twoface' Dent. After the 'incident' the 2 face character just looked sh*t! imo. A mummy rip off. Ok so its batman I dont expect it to be realistic but with these newer darker batman movies the thing I liked is that they tried to justify most thing (his gadgets based on army prototypes etc) it almost made it believable. Now the burnt face with the muscles visible etc was just OTT it looked crap some scarring would have been sufficient. Am i just being fussy? thoughts/ opinions?

Guest Prentice

You make a good point. It wasnt very well done at all.

It didn't detract from the film for me but you are absolutely right, it could have looked much better.

ps You ARE being fussy if it ruined the film for you though ;)

You make a good point. It wasnt very well done at all.

It didn't detract from the film for me but you are absolutely right, it could have looked much better.

ps You ARE being fussy if it ruined the film for you though ;)

Nah still a quality film but it definately annoyed me.

Also on a fussy note they could have found a better looking rachel ;)

What do I think? I think the film is actually calledThe Dark Knight!

Balls, there is always one. Here is me who has done texual analysis at uni aswell :untitled:

Edit the title for me mods?

Balls, there is always one. Here is me who has done texual analysis at uni aswell :untitled:

No, there's two. Is that textual or sexual? I think we should be told....

No, there's two. Is that textual or sexual? I think we should be told....

Textual although I studied the later in my own time ;)

*Thanks by the way mods. :thumbs up:

I agree with pretty much all that's been said already...

- Great movie

- Harvey Dent's burnt coupon was a bit much

- Rachael could've been more sexier

Also could Christian Bale's voice have been any deeper when he was dressed as Batman?! At some points I couldn't actually make out what he was saying.

Highlight of the film had to be Heath Ledger though. I wasn't sure if he could pull off the role of the joker but he played the part perfectly.

Rick Grimes

Good superhero movie, but most definitely NOT the best movie of all time as IMDB has it currently rated.

TwoFace was introduced too late as a baddie & his addiction to the use of his coin was horribly done - seemed more an affectation than anything, when it really should be the thing that holds him together. Having him around also made the final confrontation with the Joker less gripping in a way.

Batman himself was a wee bit hand-wringy with his worrying about Gotham having a white knight.

Heath ledger was excellent but I fear his upcoming Oscar will be awarded more because he died rather than it being the best acting performance of the year.

Don't worry i did the same on the thread i started before the mods kindly changed it.Anyway absolutely loved the film anyone who says they did not are just picking holes.

I thought the way two face was introduced was brilliant personally, and his coupon was far more realistic than it looked in the comics or the last film.

the sub goalie

I thought it was excellent, however, am i the only one who Heath Ledger's performance reminded them of Martin Riggs in the first Lethal Weapon?

Ihave never been a fan of superhero movies or any previous batman, but this is one of the best films I have seen. I just feel never liked 2 face in the film much, tought he was a **** before the incident and he changed too quickly into evil...

heath ledger was class, I though people were building him up abit much before i saw the film, but his performence deserves an oscar. I dont think they will top this batman film

heath ledger was class, I though people were building him up abit much before i saw the film, but his performence deserves an oscar. I dont think they will top this batman film

He has one chance left.

Archived