Hearts players to Kaunas?

No evil twins

No evil twins

With Kaunas progressing in the Champions League, do you think VR will pull players from Hearts on loan to Kaunas:mw_confused::mw_confused:?

shaun.lawson
With Kaunas progressing in the Champions League, do you think VR will pull players from Hearts on loan to Kaunas:mw_confused::mw_confused:?

If - and it's a big if - they reach the CL group stages, then yes, I think he will.

Commander Harris
If - and it's a big if - they reach the CL group stages, then yes, I think he will.

even if they did reach the group stage, what Hearts players would want to play for Kaunas?

shaun.lawson
even if they did reach the group stage what Hearts players want to play for Kaunas?

I'm not sure it'll matter if they want to or not.

I did wonder about this

Maybe even the guys on loan getting the loans called in before deadlines

If Kaunas get through to Champs league groups surely Vlads shop window for Miko, Zaliukas and Ketusis is better in that setting? Surely these guys would jump at the chance of playing in the Champs league group stages?

Lets have a bit of fun.

What if Kaunas got through to the Champs League and asked for Hearts players to volunteer to go there simply for that campaign - yes they would have to play in the Lith league

What if Kaunas essentially became full of Hearts players until Jan?

If you were Berra/Driver etc would you agree to a 6 month move to get to play against the cream of Europe. Call it a 6 month secondment

even if they did reach the group stage, what Hearts players would want to play for Kaunas?

If Hearts and Kaunas players teamed up 50/50, would you support Team Ukio in the Champions League?

I think we all would.

Commander Harris
I'm not sure it'll matter if they want to or not.

of course it matters. Could, and would, Romanov make a Hearts player go on loan to Kaunas against that players wishes? :confused:

of course it matters. Could, and would, Romanov make a Hearts player go on loan to Kaunas against that players wishes? :confused:

Sit them in the stand if they dont?

shaun.lawson

If the alternative was them being dropped from the Hearts side indefinitely, then a good number might happily go. And do you honestly think players wouldn't relish the chance of playing in the CL group stages? If it happens, I can already see comments on here about how it'll be "great experience for them", it's "Vlad's money that saved us, so who are we to argue?", and that "it'll benefit us in the long run"...

Pants Shaton

The likelihood is that they will drop out before the CL proper, just like we did.

Remember? When Romanov failed to replace Skacel & Webster with "better players" and, without a competent manager, we were lambs to the slaughter against AEK. A probable one-off opportunity to qualify for the group stages - gloriously f****d up.

If the alternative was them being dropped from the Hearts side indefinitely, then a good number might happily go. And do you honestly think players wouldn't relish the chance of playing in the CL group stages? If it happens, I can already see comments on here about how it'll be "great experience for them", it's "Vlad's money that saved us, so who are we to argue?", and that "it'll benefit us in the long run"...

I agree, Vlad saved us and the players would come back to us and they would be a lot better.

portobellojambo1

Nope, other than possibly Lithuanians presently on loan here, and I would not complain about that.

Ryan Gosling

A few reserves were offered the chance to go to Kaunas on loan last summer and turned it down, so I can't see the first team agreeing to it.

Commander Harris

I just can't see it happening.

Yes people are right that it would be possible for Romanov to threaten them with not playing at all etc but I honestly think even Romanov wouldn't go this far.

FWIW IF it was to happen, which I have very strong doubts about, you wouldn't see any of those comments from me.

as PbJ says, it's not out of the question that Kaunas loanees would be happy to return and I generally wouldn't have a problem with that.

Drylaw Hearts
I did wonder about this

Maybe even the guys on loan getting the loans called in before deadlines

If Kaunas get through to Champs league groups surely Vlads shop window for Miko, Zaliukas and Ketusis is better in that setting? Surely these guys would jump at the chance of playing in the Champs league group stages?

VR will want them there imo.

I imagine that some loan deals may come to an abrupt end, but cant see any of our permanent assets being used over there - as was pointed out earlier it would be an ideal shop window for Miko and Co...........well as long as they got their respective fingers oot!

A few reserves were offered the chance to go to Kaunas on loan last summer and turned it down, so I can't see the first team agreeing to it.

But if 6 games in the Champions League was the carrot, with little change in wages then I could definetly see some of the non UK born players fancying it

Archived